LENTIL SOUP | PORK RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
This incredibly easy store cupboard soup with crispy bacon is great for using up leftovers.
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Peel and finely chop the onions and carrots, trim and finely chop the celery, and peel and finely slice the garlic. Finely chop the bacon.
- Heat a lug of olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add the bacon and fry slowly until the bacon starts to release all its tasty fat and goes crispy, then crumble in the dried chilli, and add the dried thyme, onion, carrot, celery and garlic.
- Cook gently with the lid on for about 15 minutes, or until all the vegetables are soft, then add the lentils and 1 litre water or vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until the lentils are soft (check the packet instructions as different types of lentils vary in cooking time. If you’re mixing your lentils, cook for the longest amount of time to make sure they are all cooked properly).
- Drain, then tip in the cannellini beans and, if the soup’s a little thick, add a splash more water. Bring back to the boil and simmer for another 10 minutes, then taste and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, pick and finely chop the parsley.
- Ladle into bowls and finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and the chopped parsley. Serve with hunks of bread for dunking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 calories, FatContent 12.4 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 2.7 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 10.5 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 18.2 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 4.3 g sugar, SodiumContent 0 g salt, FiberContent 0 g fibre
GOLDEN RED LENTIL SOUP WITH SPINACH - SKINNYTASTE
Red Lentil Soup with Spinach is a delicious, Middle Eastern inspired Lentil Soup, made with red lentils, turmeric, spinach, carrots and lemon. It's golden in color, and very easy to make and leftovers are freezer-friendly.
Provided by Gina
Total Time 35 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Stove Directions:
- Instant Pot Directions:
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 1/4 cups, Calories 255 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 40 g, ProteinContent 17 g, FatContent 3 g, SodiumContent 590 mg, FiberContent 16 g, SugarContent 3.5 g
More about "lentil veg soup recipe recipes"
QUICK SOUP RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
Discover our favourite speedy soups. Whip up a broth, bisque, noodle soup, minestrone, chowder, gazpacho, ramen or pho in 30 minutes or less.
ZINGY & SPICY PARSNIP SOUP RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
I've given the humble parsnip soup a new lease of life with aromatic South-Asian flavours and a touch of chilli.
Total Time 50 minutes
Calories 293 calories per serving
Total Time 50 minutes
Calories 293 calories per serving
- Peel the onion, garlic and ginger, and roughly chop.
- Heat a splash of olive oil and the butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and garam masala. Gently fry for 10 minutes or until the onions are soft and sweet.
- Meanwhile, peel the parsnips and chop into 3cm chunks. Stir them into the onion mixture until well coated.
- Pour in the milk and stock, season well and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes with a lid on.
- After half an hour, check that the parsnips are cooked by sticking a knife in. If you’re happy, remove them from the heat and blitz with a stick blender until smooth and creamy. Have a taste and adjust the seasoning as required.
- Deseed and finely chop the chilli, and scatter over the soup, if you like. Delicious served with crusty bread and an extra drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
RED LENTIL RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
2021-07-13 · This is a rustic red lentil soup that's packed with chunks of sweet potato, Italian sausage, and black beans, all simmered in a spicy tomato and coconut stock. One 5 star review by Allrecipes community member Gram of 4 says, "I've been making soup for 50 years and this recipe …
THE BEST VEGETABLE SOUP | VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE - HUM…
2022-02-10 · More healthy soup recipes to love. Don't miss my whole roundup of vegan soup recipes! Lasagna Soup ; Immune Boosting Soup; Vegan Cream of Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup; Golden French Lentil Soup; Please let me know how this yummiest vegetable soup recipe …
VEGAN SLOPPY JOES | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
2021-03-05 · If using red lentils: To a small saucepan, add liquid (water and/or vegetable broth) and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add rinsed red …
CHICKEN VEGETABLE BARLEY SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This recipe is a great start for a hearty winter soup. I used white wine & herb chicken broth for a bit more flavor. Didn't use any butter, but when serving covered top with fresh baby spinach and sprinkled the almonds on top. The spinach cooks when stirred into the soup. Additions make it a 5 star recipe.
VEGAN MINESTRONE SOUP - VEGAN HEAVEN
2021-12-27 · Why This Recipe Works . This vegan minestrone makes a great weeknight dinner for the whole family. It’s super filling, extremely comforting, and warming. Besides, it’s very rich in protein, vegetable-packed, and super healthy! There’s nothing better than a hearty soup on colder days! This soup …
GREEN LENTIL DAAL - AN EASY WEEKNIGHT ... - SLOW THE COOK …
2018-07-22 · I kept my green lentil daal fairly simple for this recipe, but I have also added in extra veg in other batches. Spinach can be stirred in just before serving, or kale if you are that way inclined. I love it with mushrooms, or you could try cauliflower or carrots. I also love stirring in parsley or coriander (cilantro) at the end of the recipe. This recipe …
SWEET POTATO, CARROT, APPLE, AND RED LENTIL SOUP RECIPE ...
Soup Recipes; Vegetable Soup Recipes; Sweet Potato Soup Recipes; Sweet Potato, Carrot, Apple, and Red Lentil Soup ; Sweet Potato, Carrot, Apple, and Red Lentil Soup. Rating: 4.5 stars. 1164 Ratings. 5 star values: 944 ; 4 star values: 158 ; 3 star values: 38 ; 2 star values: 15 ; 1 star values: 9 ; Read Reviews ; Add Review ; 1,164 Ratings ; 812 Reviews ; 44 Photos ; This winter pureed soup …