PEANUT BUTTER CUP BROWNIES | KAREN'S KITCHEN STORIES
With their decadent dark chocolate filling, these peanut butter cup brownies are the perfect dessert for chocolate lovers.
Provided by Karen's Kitchen Stories
Total Time 50 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Spray a 12-cavity muffin tin with spray oil.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed for about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg yolk, the vanilla, and beat for about 2 more minutes on medium.
- Add the flour and salt and beat on low until just combined.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces, about 38 grams each (2 tablespoons).
- Press the dough into the cavities of the muffin tin to line the bottom and up the sides.
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the chocolate, butter, and peanut butter in the top of a double boiler and cook over simmering water, stirring regularly, until melted. Remove the top pan and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs on medium. Slowly pour in the sugar and salt in a steady stream and beat until pale yellow, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture and the vanilla until fully combined. Fold in the cocoa powder.
- Add about 3 tablespoons (50 grams) of the mixture to the molded cookie cups.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. The tops should be round, and possibly cracked.
- Let the pan cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn the brownies out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add the peanut butter and milk to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the mixture in 10 second intervals, whisking in between.
- Continue until the mixture is creamy, smooth, and shiny.
- Drizzle over the brownies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.59, FatContent 21.34, SaturatedFatContent 10.77, CarbohydrateContent 39.01, FiberContent 4.69, SugarContent 19.68, ProteinContent 7.93, SodiumContent 165.63, CholesterolContent 74.43
ORANGE CURD BROWNIES | KAREN'S KITCHEN STORIES
Deeply fudgy brownies with a swirl of delicious homemade orange curd on top... because chocolate and orange are such a delicious combination of flavors.
Provided by Karen's Kitchen Stories
Total Time 1 hours
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, eggs, zest, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk in the orange juice. Set the heat to medium low and cook, stirring contantly, until the mixture begins to bubble and thicken, and reaches 170 degrees F. This should take about 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and strain the mixture into a heat proof bowl. Add the butter, a tablespoon at a time, and stir until incorporated.
- Once all of the butter has been incorporated, cover the top of the curd with plastic wrap (pressing it against the mixture) and let cool. Refrigerate up to one week.
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F and line an 8 inch square cake pan with parchment paper and spray it with spray oil.
- Melt the chopped bittersweet chocolate in a double boiler along with the butter until smooth. Remove the chocolate butter mixture from the heat and stir in granulated and brown sugar and let the mixture cool.
- While the mixture is cooling, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, and expresso powder.
- After that, add four eggs to the chocolate mixture, one at a time, and whisk them in, along with the vanilla extract.
- Finally, fold in the flour mixture to form the batter.
- Pour 835 grams (3 cups) of the batter into the pan and smooth over the top.
- Add the rest of the batter to a pastry bag with a 1/2 inch tip.
- Add the curd to another pastry bag with a 1/4 inch tip.
- Take the pastry bag with the batter and pipe it all around the edges of the pan. Next, draw 7 lines, one inch apart, perpendicular to each other. Fill in between the 7 lines of batter with 8 lines of the curd with the curd pastry bag.
- Use a toothpick and draw a line perpendicular to the piped lines about one inch from the edge of the pan. Lift the toothpick, move over one inch, and draw another line in the opposite direction. Continue to draw the lines, one inch apart, in opposite directions.
- Bake the brownies for 40 to 45 minutes. Under baking is better than over baking.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 524.45, FatContent 25.74, SaturatedFatContent 15.04, CarbohydrateContent 68.75, FiberContent 1.43, SugarContent 52.55, ProteinContent 6.64, SodiumContent 194.41, CholesterolContent 163.74
10 BEST SIMPLE COCKTAILS WITH VODKA RECIPES | YUMMLY
GREY GOOSE® VODKA FLAVORS | GREY GOOSE
BELVEDERE VODKA | COCKTAILS | BELVEDERE VODKA
10 MOST POPULAR PREMIUM VODKA BRANDS - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO INFUSE VODKA AND OTHER LIQUORS WITH FLAVOR
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
AN A TO Z LIST OF POPULAR LIQUEURS AND CORDIALS
FRUIT RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
40 WEDDING RECEPTION SIGNATURE COCKTAIL IDEAS FOR ... - BRIDES