LEMON CILANTRO CHICKEN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
This fall-off-the-bone chicken with lemony gravy is very easy to prepare and is a wonderful way to cook a whole chicken in the slow cooker. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 04 hours 25 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 04 hours 00 minutes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and lemon zest. Loosen skin around the chicken breast, leg and thigh. Rub the cilantro mixture under and over the skin. Rub any remaining mixture into the cavity. Drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with paprika and pepper., Place in a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker. Add wine to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°. Remove chicken to a serving platter; cover and let stand 15 minutes before carving. Skim fat and thicken juices if desired. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328 calories, FatContent 21g fat (4g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 88mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 864mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 28g protein.
LEMON-CILANTRO CHICKEN SCALOPPINE (SCALLOPINE OR ...
I searched 'Zaar for this and did not find a recipe like this. The spelling of "scaloppine" is per the original recipe. Hopefully people can still find it if the other spellings (scallopine and scallopini) fit in the title. :) My sister sent me the link for this; it's from myrecipes.com but I'm posting here because 'Zaar is really the only place I like to go for recipes. Also I wanted to streamline this a bit. On myrecipes.com, the recipe is posted in two parts; Basic Chicken Scaloppine and the lemon-cilantro addition. My favorite part about this is that it contains ingredients that are safe for my IBS. My second fave part, my sister says her 5-year old daughter (my first niece!) loves this stuff. Copied from the site, but reworded as necessary for 'Zaar's preferences. Serving size per original recipe, but I've approximated prep and cook times. I couldn't figure out how to separate the ingredient list for the Basic Chicken Scaloppine and the Lemon-Cilantro part, so I noted it in the directions. I hope to try this tomorrow. Please let me know how it turns out for you. It appears to be different from other scaloppine recipes posted here. ETA: I just made this tonight; bf really loved this. For the 2 of us, I used only 2 chicken breasts and just over half the amt of flour and a bit less oil, but I kept all other ingreds the same. Bf thought it wasn't nice of me to not make him 2 breasts, that's how much he enjoyed this! I loved this too, and will make this often. I did leave off lemon wedge, and it wasn't really missed. The flavors were wonderful!
Total Time 22 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Yield 4 breast halves, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- BASIC CHICKEN SCALOPPINE (first three ingredients).
- Rinse 4 boneless, skinned chicken breast halves (5 to 6 oz. each); pat dry.
- Sprinkle both sides lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place halves between sheets of plastic wrap; with a mallet or a rolling pin, gently pound chicken to an even 1/4 inch thick. Peel off wrap.
- Put about 1/2 cup all-purpose flour in a shallow container. Turn each piece of chicken in flour to coat lightly.
- Set a 10- to 12-inch nonstick pan over medium-high heat; when hot, add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Lay 2 pieces of chicken in pan; cook, turning once, until no longer pink in the center (cut to test), 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a platter or plates and keep warm in a 200° oven.
- Repeat to cook remaining chicken in 2 more teaspoons oil.
- LEMON-CILANTRO CHICKEN SCALOPPINE (last 9 ingredients).
- You'll need to use the Basic Chicken Scaloppine (see above) and then continue with remaining directions below.
- Keep basic chicken scaloppine warm in a 200° oven.
- Add olive oil and garlic to hot pan used to cook chicken (don't wash) and stir over high heat until garlic is slightly limp, about 15 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, lemon peel, lemon juice, and chile flakes to pan; stir until mixture is boiling. Boil, stirring occasionally, until juices are slightly reduced, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, then stir in fresh cilantro.
- Spoon sauce evenly over chicken. Add salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251.4, FatContent 9.1, SaturatedFatContent 1.5, CholesterolContent 75.5, SodiumContent 262.4, CarbohydrateContent 13, FiberContent 0.6, SugarContent 0.3, ProteinContent 27.6
More about "lemon cilantro chicken recipes"
QUICK CILANTRO CHICKEN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 30 minutes
Cuisine North America, Southwest
Calories 260 calories per serving
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, cumin and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the chicken in 2 tablespoons butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. , In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining butter until tender and golden brown. Return chicken to the pan. Stir in lemon juice and cilantro; bring to a boil. If desired, serve with rice.
CILANTRO-LEMON GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Total Time 8 hours 22 minutes
Calories 211 calories per serving
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt, pepper, and cumin. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done.
BEST CILANTRO-LIME CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CILANTRO ...
Total Time 55 minutes
Category healthy, low-carb, easy chicken, weeknight meals, dinner, main dish
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve over rice drizzled with pan drippings.
CILANTRO GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 35 minutes
Category World Cuisine, Asian, Indian
Cuisine Asian, Indian
Calories 345.6 calories per serving
- Spoon yogurt into pot, cooking and stirring until yogurt is blended into sauce, 4 to 5 minutes. Sauce will be thick and edged with oil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until chicken is tender and no longer pink inside, 10 to 15 minutes. If sauce seems too thick, thin with 1 tablespoon water or as needed.
DOUBLE LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
- Transfer the chicken breasts (cut them into strips, if you like) to a large serving platter with a lip and pour the sauce all over. Sprinkle with the remaining cumin. In a small bowl, toss together the spring onion, cilantro and remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and spoon this all over.
LEMONGRASS-CILANTRO CHICKEN WITH HONEY DIPPING SAUCE ...
Total Time 35 minutes
- Slice the chicken crosswise 1/3 inch thick and transfer to plates. Sprinkle the chicken with the mint leaves and serve with lime wedges. Pass the dipping sauce at the table.
LEMON CILANTRO CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
GRILLED LIME CHICKEN WITH CILANTRO AND LEMON – TASTY OVEN
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN WITH CILANTRO~PREPARED TWO WAYS - LA ...
CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN THIGHS - DAMN DELICIOUS
EASY ONE SKILLET CREAMY CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN | GIMME ...
LEMON CILANTRO CHICKEN RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
EASY BAKED CILANTRO LEMON CHICKEN - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
LEMON CILANTRO CHICKEN RECIPE
LEMON CILANTRO ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
LEMONGRASS CILANTRO CHICKEN - RASA MALAYSIA
EASY ONE SKILLET CREAMY CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN | GIMME ...
LEMON GARLIC CILANTRO CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS – MY FAVOURITE ...
LEMON-CILANTRO CHICKEN RECIPE BY NISA BURNS
CHICKEN WITH CILANTRO - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...