DARN GOOD CHOCOLATE CAKE ( CAKE MIX CAKE) RECIPE - FOOD.…
This recipe is adapted from "The Chocolate Cake Mix Doctor" by Anne Byrn. It was originally a bundt cake with chocolate chips, but I prefer the look of layer cakes (so much more homey looking) so I switched the cake pan size AND I left out the chocolate chips (because there's nothing worse than ruining the velvety texture of a layer cake than by adding hard chocolate chips to it). This is a dense, moist layer cake. I cut each layer in half so I get 4 layers and slather them with "perfect chocolate frosting" (recipe #86768). The end result is a fudgy chocolate layer cake with tons of frosting (and yes, it is going to be sweet). It is KEY to cut the layers in half. It ends up being a much moister cake this way because the frosting kind of melts into the cake layers forming a kind of fudgy filling in between the thin cake layers. I hope you enjoy it :)
Total Time 45 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 1 layered cake, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 2 9-inch round cake pans.
- Dust with flour and tap out the excess; set pans aside.
- Place the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, water, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- On medium low speed, continue to blend for 2-3 minutes more.
- The batter will be very thick and should look well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and smooth it out.
- Bake for 27-32 minutes (since I switched pans, I started checking the cakes at 25 minutes-- it was like gooey chocolate pudding-- then 3 minutes later it was perfect.
- Another couple of minutes and I think it would have been dry, so keep an eye on your cakes.
- Allow to cool in the pans on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Now is the time to start preparing your frosting.
- Run a knife along the edges on the cakes pans and carefully remove cake by inverting it; allow to cool for 20 minutes more on the wire rack right side up.
- When the cake layers are completely cool, cut layers in half (save a domed layer for the top-- it makes your cakes look homemade) and frost.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271.2, FatContent 16, SaturatedFatContent 4, CholesterolContent 54, SodiumContent 397.9, CarbohydrateContent 30.4, FiberContent 1, SugarContent 17.8, ProteinContent 3.9
CHOCOLATE & RASPBERRY BIRTHDAY LAYER CAKE RECIPE | BBC ...
Who could resist our chocolate and raspberry cake? Like a Victoria sponge but better, try budget-friendly frozen raspberries for the cream
Provided by Anna Glover
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Total Time 1 hours
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Oil and line two round 20cm springform cake tins with baking parchment. Whisk the oil, sugar, eggs and milk in a bowl until smooth. Sieve the flour, cocoa and bicarb into another large bowl, then gradually mix in the wet ingredients.
- Divide the mixture between the tins and bake for 35-40 mins until the cakes are risen and spring back when pressed. Leave to cool in the tins for 10 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the raspberry layer, stir the jam and the defrosted raspberries together. Once the cakes are cool, whip the cream with the sugar to soft peaks, then gently fold half the raspberry mixture through the cream to create a ripple effect.
- Spoon most of the reserved raspberry mixture over one of the cakes, then dollop on half of the cream. Smooth over with a palette knife, then place the other sponge on top. Swirl over the remaining cream and swirl the last of the raspberry mixture through it. Will keep in the fridge for two days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 549 calories, FatContent 36 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 12 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 49 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 33 grams sugar, FiberContent 2 grams fiber, ProteinContent 6 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.6 milligram of sodium
More about "layer cake recipe chocolate recipes"
MEGA MAGICAL 7 LAYER CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - FOO…
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
- Pipe a scalloped border around the edge with the chocolate royal icing. Pipe little rosettes of the white chocolate ganache around the cake and press 1 hazelnut truffle onto each. Continue to pipe and decorate with the royal icing, white chocolate ganache and hazelnut truffles to your liking.
BIG CHOCOLATE BIRTHDAY CAKE RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOO…
Total Time 1 hours 45 minutes
- Frost the cake in between each layer, on the top and around the sides.
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 01 hours 20 minutes
Calories 738 calories per serving
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line three greased 9-in. round baking pans with waxed paper and grease paper; set aside. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Combine buttermilk, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat 2 minutes. Gradually add coffee (batter will be thin)., Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes . Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For filling, in a small saucepan, whisk together flour and milk until smooth. Cook over medium heat 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let stand until cool. , In a large bowl, cream shortening and butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and mix well. Gradually add cooled milk mixture; beat until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in liqueur, salt and, if desired, food coloring., Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread half the filling to within 1/4 in. of edge. Drizzle half the jam over filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Refrigerate until filling is set, about 30 minutes. , In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in cocoa and liqueur. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Frost top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator.
GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE III RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
INA GARTEN CHOCOLATE LAYER CAKE RECIPE > CALL M…
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
LITTLE LAYER CHOCOLATE CAKE - SOUTHERN LIVING
WHITE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES