LAKSA AUTHENTIC RECIPE | TASTEATLAS
The following recipe is by Rohani Jelani and is adapted from the Hungry Go Where Malaysia website (www.hungrygowhere.my).
Provided by TasteAtlas
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 26
- Add the fish, ginger, tamarind apple, and a teaspoon of salt into a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes, until the fish is cooked through. Turn off the heat, then take out the fish and reserve the cooking water.
- Debone the fish and weigh the meat (you should get about 200 g). Put the heads and the bones into a blender, add the cooking water, and blend. After straining the mixture, reserve the liquid and discards the solids.
- Add the strained liquid into a clean blender jug. Put the fish meat in, then blend until smooth.
- For the gravy, soak the dried chilies in hot water for about 15 minutes, until softened. Rinse and remove the majority of the seeds. In a blender, blend the softened chilies, shallots, shrimp paste, and 75 ml of water.
- Pour the chili mixture into a large saucepan, add 300 ml of water and slices of tamarind apple, daun kesum, and ginger. Season with salt and sugar, then bring to a boil. After simmering for approximately 10 minutes over a low flame, add the blended fish, then simmer for 10 more minutes. Add some more seasonings, if needed, and remove from the heat.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions, then strain. Slice, then nicely arrange the garnishes on a serving platter.
- When ready to serve, reheat the gravy. Add some noodles into shallow soup bowls and cover them with hot gravy. Garnish with the prepared ingredients and serve at once.
LAKSA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
I spent a considerable number of years an Asian expatriate in the Western world, mostly as a student. Back when I was in boarding school in Australia, one of the things I missed the most were the steamy dishes from back home served in some spicy fragrant gravy. On Saturdays my friends and I would walk down to Chinatown and order a large bowl of laksa. However, the chef inside me pushed me to come up with my own version of the dish. Entertain your tastebuds with the following recipe!
Total Time 31 minutes
Prep Time 1 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Boil chicken and/or seafood to make stock. If you're using tofu, then deep-fry tofu. Drain.
- Make laksa paste. Spices are best ground on the stone mortar and pestle to form laksa paste. It is best to start working from the coriander seeds and add one ingredient at a time once the spices form a smooth paste. Add dashes of salt to make the tougher ingredients (e.g. chili, lemongrass, garlic) easier to grind. If you don't have stone, you can also use the food processor. If possible, avoid adding water to the laksa paste.
- Heat enough oil in a saucepan to cover laksa paste. Stir-fry laksa paste, basil leaves, and knotted lemongrass till fragrant then add chicken/seafood/tofu.
- Add stock and slowly bring to boil over low heat.
- Add coconut milk, stir, and simmer.
- Boil noodles and drain. Add sesame oil and set aside.
- Serve immediately with noodles and garnish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1103.2, FatContent 21.7, SaturatedFatContent 10.8, CholesterolContent 252.2, SodiumContent 193.3, CarbohydrateContent 158.4, FiberContent 9.6, SugarContent 9, ProteinContent 70.7
More about "laska noodles recipes"
COCONUT "LAKSA" NOODLES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
Total Time 30 minutes
Category Recipes and Cooking
Calories 379 calories per serving
- Top servings with bean sprouts and cilantro. Serve with chili paste and lime wedges.
DRY LAKSA STIR FRIED NOODLES | ASIAN INSPIRATIONS
Total Time 30S
- To Prep Blanch the dried vermicelli, egg noodles, tofu puffs and bean sprout separately and set aside. To Cook Heat up a wok and add the cooking oil. Once the wok is hot, add the laksa paste and fry until it is slightly drier and very fragrant. Add the curry leaves and continue frying for 1 min. Add the coconut milk, mix it well and bring to boil. Add the prawns, fish cakes and tofu puffs and stir fry for 5 mins before adding in the blanched vermicelli, egg noodles, bean sprouts and then stir well. Season with brown sugar, fish sauce and lime juice. Serve hot with fresh chillies in soy sauce.
SINGAPORE LAKSA RECIPE BY TASTY
CHICKEN LAKSA RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Total Time 15 minutes
Calories 656 calories per serving
- Ingredients out • Kettle boiled • Griddle pan, high heat • Large lidded pan, high heat • Food processor (coarse grater & bowl blade) START COOKING On a large sheet of greaseproof paper, toss the chicken with sea salt, black pepper and the five-spice. Fold over the paper, then bash and flatten the chicken to 1.5cm thick with a rolling pin. Place on the hot griddle pan, turning after 3 or 4 minutes, until nicely charred and cooked through. Pour about 800ml of boiling water into the large pan and crumble in the stock cube. Trim the stalk off the squash, roughly chop the neck end (don't peel, and keep the seed end for another day), then grate and tip into the boiling stock. Peel the garlic and ginger. Swap to the bowl blade in the processor and add the garlic, ginger, chilli, turmeric, trimmed spring onions, peanut butter, lime leaves, coriander stalks (reserving the leaves), sesame oil, soy and fish sauces. Blitz to a paste, then tip into the stock and add the noodles. Trim the asparagus and cut in half. Add to the pan, pour in the coconut milk, and as soon as it boils, taste, correct the seasoning with soy sauce and lime juice, then turn the heat off. Drizzle the honey over the charred chicken, squeeze over the juice of 1 lime, scatter with the sesame seeds and toss to coat. Serve with the laksa and lime wedges, sprinkling everything with the coriander leaves and slices of fresh chilli.
SPICY NOODLE LAKSA RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
HOMEMADE LAKSA NOODLES - SOUTHEAST ASIAN RECIPES - NYONYA ...
LAKSA NOODLE SOUP: AUTHENTIC RECIPE! - THE WOKS OF LIFE
LAKSA NOODLE SOUP | RECIPETIN EATS
CURRY LAKSA NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LAKSA | EASY DELICIOUS RECIPES: RASA MALAYSIA
LAKSA | EASY DELICIOUS RECIPES: RASA MALAYSIA
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT LAKSA – RECIPE | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
THE ULTIMATE SINGAPORE LAKSA RECIPE - NOMADETTE
LAKSA NOODLES | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
PRAWN LAKSA WITH RICE NOODLES RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
SINGAPORE LAKSA RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE A COCONUT CURRY ...
LAKSA INSTANT RAMEN: 10 MINUTE RECIPE! - THE WOKS OF LIFE
LAKSA SHIRATAKI FRIED NOODLES
CLASSIC SHRIMP LAKSA WITH RICE NOODLES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK