JAMAICAN OXTAIL RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Place oxtail in a shallow dish. Combine Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, salt, sugar, garlic and herb seasoning, browning sauce, paprika, cayenne pepper, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Rub both sides of oxtail with marinade; pour out excess.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Sear oxtail in hot oil until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a small plate.
- Saute carrots, celery, onion, and garlic in the same skillet until softened, about 5 minutes. Add beef broth, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Add oxtail, with its juices, and butter. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until oxtail is fork tender, about 3 hours.
- Uncover skillet and increase heat to high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 9.4 g, CholesterolContent 114.1 mg, FatContent 22 g, FiberContent 1.9 g, ProteinContent 32.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 8.7 g, SodiumContent 1583.3 mg, SugarContent 4.9 g
JAMAICAN STYLE OXTAIL RECIPE | CLEO TV
[caption id="attachment_773098" align="alignnone" width="1024"] Source: Culture Kitchen / CLEO TV[/caption] Don’t knock it until you try it: Chef Bren teaches us which surprising ingredient she adds to her Afro-Cuban inspired oxtail recipe! [theplatform account="L9TCEC" media="odGXarOd6UJd" player="t5o6PIxok0Rt"]
Provided by jlwhitecw
Number Of Ingredients 24
- <div class="page" title="Page 2"> <div class="section"> <div class="layoutArea"> <div class="column"> <strong><span style="text-decoration: underline">Oxtail Instructions</span></strong> Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a Dutch oven over high heat. Season the oxtails with salt and pepper and sear in oil on each side until golden brown. In the meantime make the brown sugar sauce in a separate small pot. Add the brown sugar to the pot over medium heat until it melts and begins to caramelize for about 2-3 minutes. It should almost caramelize into a golden brown color. Make sure it doesn’t get too dark and burn. Carefully add stock to the caramel continuously stirring with a wooden spoon as it will bubble quickly. It will harden due to temperature change (cold stock to hot caramel) or you can heat the stock up prior to adding. Add the brown sugar liquid to the oxtails making sure they are submerged and bring up to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Add the cumin, Worchestershire sauce, onion, garlic, bay leaves, ginger, honey, scotch bonnet, allspice berries, and scallions. Give it a good stir to marry the flavors. Adjust for salt to taste. Continue to simmer the oxtails on the stove for about 90 minutes to 2 hours until the oxtails are tender and falling off the bone. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><strong>White Rice Instructions</strong></span> <div class="page" title="Page 1"> <div class="section"> <div class="layoutArea"> <div class="column"> Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Make sure your salted water is boiling before you add rice. Add rice and onion (optional) Reduce the heat to medium low. Add in the olive oil, put the lid on and cook for about 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat, uncover and allow for any additional moisture to evaporate. Fluff with a fork and serve right away. </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div>
More about "jamaican style oxtails recipe recipes"
JAMAICAN OXTAIL STEW RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 2 hours 40 minutes
Calories 1029 per serving
- Add remaining onions, garlic and ginger to the pot, along with another third of the scallions. Add sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine and continue to cook until the meat is yielding and loose on the bone, approximately one hour longer. Remove approximately one cup of liquid from pot and place in a small bowl. Add flour to this liquid and stir to combine, working out any lumps with the back of a spoon. Add this slurry to the pot along with ketchup, then stir to combine and allow to cook a further 15 minutes or so. Remove Scotch bonnet pepper and thyme stems. Fold butter beans into the stew and allow these to heat through. Scatter remaining scallions over the top. Serve with white rice or rice and peas.
BEST JAMAICAN OXTAIL STEW RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE JAMAICAN ...
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Category nut-free, winter, dinner, main dish, meat
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Season oxtails all over with salt and pepper. Working in batches, sear all pieces of oxtail until golden on all sides. Remove oxtails from pot and set aside in a large bowl. Add half the onion and half the green onion and cook until soft, 6 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, tomato paste, thyme, and allspice berries and cook until mixture is fragrant and tomato paste has darkened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring frequently, until no longer raw, 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove pot from heat and return oxtail to pot. Add chiles and 4 cups water to the pot and return to medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cover and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Skim fat occasionally if desired. After 1 hour of cooking, add remaining onion and green onion. Stir in brown sugar, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender and falling off the bone, 45 minutes to an hour longer. Remove chilis, fold in butter beans, and garnish with green onion. Serve over rice.
TRY THIS AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN OXTAIL RECIPE | SANDALS BLOG
10 BEST JAMAICAN OXTAILS RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST JAMAICAN STYLE OXTAILS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE ...
AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN OXTAIL RECIPE - JAMAICAN FOODS AND RECIPES
JAMAICAN OXTAILS RECIPE | MYJAMAICANRECIPES.COM
JAMAICAN STYLE OXTAILS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE THE BEST ...
TRADITIONAL JAMAICAN OXTAIL RECIPE - TASTE THE ISLANDS
JAMAICAN OXTAILS AND BEANS RECIPE - HOME - JAMAICANS.COM
SLOW COOKER JAMAICAN STYLE OX TAILS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN OXTAIL RECIPE – JAMAICAN FOODS AND ...
JAMAICAN OXTAILS AND BEANS RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
INSTANT POT AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN OXTAIL RECIPE - THE SOUL ...
SLOW COOKER JAMAICAN OXTAIL STEW - MEALS BY MAVIS
JAMAICAN OXTAIL (PRESSURE COOKER METHOD) - SERENITY FOOD
JAMAICAN OXTAIL STEW RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
EASY SOUTHERN STOVETOP OXTAILS RECIPE | I HEART RECIPES
JAMAICAN OXTAIL RECIPE - GRANDBABY CAKES