MR. JOHN'S MEAT-STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot of boiling water, parboil the peppers until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and dry on paper towels.
- In a large saute pan or skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and chopped bell peppers and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the beef, pork, garlic, parsley, salt, black pepper, and pepper flakes. Cook until the meat is browned, stirring with a heavy wooden spoon to break up the lumps, about 6 minutes. Add the rice and tomato sauce and stir well. Remove from the heat and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Pour enough water into a baking dish to just cover the bottom, about 1/8-inch deep. Stuff the bell peppers with the rice mixture and place in the baking dish. Bake until the peppers are very tender and the filling is heated through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330 calorie, FatContent 17 grams, SaturatedFatContent 5 grams, CholesterolContent 52 milligrams, SodiumContent 542 milligrams, ProteinContent 17 grams, SugarContent 6 grams
EASY PUMPKIN PUREE FROM SCRATCH - INSPIRED TASTE
Skip the can and make your own pumpkin puree at home. It’s easy, smells incredible and works perfectly in your favorite pumpkin recipes. Look for baking pumpkins often labeled “sugar pumpkins” or “pie pumpkins”. There’s lots of variety so if you are buying directly from the farmers at farmer’s markets, ask them which pumpkin works best for your needs. This method works with most winter squashes — think butternut, acorn or interesting varieties like honeynut.
Provided by Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Yield Makes 5 to 6 cups pumpkin puree
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and pat dry the pumpkin. Cut the squash from stem to end, but don’t try to cut through the stem (it’s too tough). When you’ve cut through the pumpkin, just pull each half apart. We do this in two parts. Cut one side from the stem down to the bottom of the pumpkin. Remove the knife, rotate the pumpkin to the opposite side then do the same. When there is a slit down both halves of the pumpkin, put down the knife and pull the halves apart. They should separate at the stem.
- Scoop out the seeds and most of the stringy bits. Lightly season the inside of the pumpkin halves with salt then place cut-side-down onto the baking sheet. Bake until the pumpkin can easily be pierced with a knife in several places and the flesh is pulling away from the skin, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Cool until you can safely handle the halves then scoop out the soft flesh into a food processor — depending on how large the pumpkin is, you may need to do this in two batches. Process until very smooth, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 cup, Calories 49, ProteinContent 2 g, CarbohydrateContent 12 g, FiberContent 3 g, SugarContent 2 g, FatContent 0 g, SaturatedFatContent 0 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg
More about "jack o lantern pie recipes"
COLORED SUGAR RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 5 minutes
Category Everyday Cooking
Calories 774 calories per serving
- Place sugar into a jar with a tight fitting lid. Drip the food coloring onto the sugar, close the lid, and shake vigorously for about 1 minute. Adjust color with additional food coloring and repeat if the color is too light.
70 SWEET AND SAVORY PUMPKIN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
CRAFTING RECIPES - CUBIC CASTLES
PUMPKIN PIE MUFFINS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
COOKING GAMES | PLAY FREE ONLINE GAMES ON PRIMARYGAMES
20 DELICIOUS RECIPES TO MAKE WITH LEFTOVER TURKEY BREAST ...
EASY DESSERTS - DONNA HAY
KIDS RECIPES - WOOLWORTHS
50 FUN AND HEALTHY SNACKS FOR KIDS - TASTE OF HOME
QUICK + EASY CHICKEN RECIPES AND CHICKEN MEAL IDEAS ...
MEAL IDEAS - TARGET
VEGETARIAN MEXICAN INSPIRED STUFFED PEPPERS | ALLRECIPES