TONY LUKE'S ITALIAN ROAST PORK SANDWICH (THE REAL DEAL ...
Make and share this Tony Luke's Italian Roast Pork Sandwich (The Real Deal) recipe from Food.com.
Total Time 3 hours 25 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Turn crock pot on high setting.
- If the roast comes in elastic-y netting remove the netting, but keep it intact, you’ll be stuffing it back in later.
- Mix the next 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread the pork roast out on a clean surface.
- If there are any large thick sections of meat, score them with a knife.
- Rub 3/4 of the mixture over all exposed surfaces.
- Roll the roast back up and place back in netting.
- (Or truss with kitchen twine if no netting was provided) Rub the remaining mixture on the outside of the roast.
- Place the roast in the crock pot and cook at high for 20 minutes.
- Turn down to low and cook at least 3 hours longer or until the pork is falling apart.
- Remove pork from truss or netting and shred into large chunks, removing any large pieces of fat that may be left.
- Return to juices which have accumulated in the crock pot.
- For the broccoli rabe: Wash thoroughly and cut about 1/2 inch off the bottom of the stems.
- Cut the florets off the top and set aside.
- Bring 3qts salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add broccoli rabe leaves and stems and cook about 1&1/2 minutes then add the florets and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove broccoli from boiling water and drain, but reserve about 1/4- 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a deep frying pan (which is cold) begin heat olive oil, red pepper flakes and garlic together over medium heat.
- Once the garlic begins to sauté, begin to time about two minutes (till very lightly browned) add drained broccoli.
- Sauté the broccoli rabe about 3-5 minutes longer and then add the cooking liquid from the pot.
- (This should look a little soupy).
- Assemble: Toast sliced roll if desired.
- Add provo to roll before hot meat. then the cheese can melt. After that top with broccoli rabe generously. manja!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 705.5, FatContent 55.8, SaturatedFatContent 19.9, CholesterolContent 160.4, SodiumContent 1659.9, CarbohydrateContent 5.1, FiberContent 2.4, SugarContent 0.6, ProteinContent 45
PORCHETTA (ITALIAN ROAST PORK) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
A tasty recipe from central Italy. Serve on a toasted crusty roll or with potatoes and spinach on the side.
Provided by vanny420
Categories World Cuisine European Italian
Total Time 5 hours 35 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 5 hours 0 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Combine sage, garlic, thyme, rosemary, fennel pollen, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Make ten 1/2-inch incisions all over the pork. Stuff the incisions with 1/3 of the sage mixture. Brush olive olive over the pork and rub on remaining 2/3 of the sage mixture. Transfer to a roasting pan.
- Roast pork, skin-side up, in the preheated oven until golden, about 2 hours.
- Pour wine into the roasting pan. Continue roasting pork, basting with wine at regular intervals, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), about 3 hours.
- Let pork rest, covered in aluminum foil, for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 2.8 g, CholesterolContent 78.2 mg, FatContent 22.2 g, FiberContent 0.5 g, ProteinContent 21.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.4 g, SodiumContent 390.5 mg, SugarContent 0.2 g
More about "italian hot roast pork sandwich recipes recipes"
CHICAGO ITALIAN BEEF (POT ROAST STYLE) RECIPE | JEFF MAURO ...
Giardiniera is a traditional Italian dish of mixed pickled vegetables- their tangy kick cuts the richness of the beef in Jeff Mauro's sandwich while adding satisfying crunch and spiciness.
Total Time 21 hours 25 minutes
Total Time 21 hours 25 minutes
- From Food Network Kitchens; after further testing and to ensure the best results this recipe has been altered from what was in the actual episode.
PORK ROAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See how to cook pork roast. Recipes, tips, photos, videos, and cooking times to help make a fantastic feast.
PHILLY ITALIAN PORK SANDWICH (DINIC'S COPYCAT RECIPE ...
12/2/2019 · A Philly-style Italian pork sandwich is a thing of beauty, heaped with pulled pork, smothered in drippy broccoli rabe (or spinach, depending on who you’re talkin’ to), topped with peppers, laden with a base of gooey provolone cheese, and served on a perfectly crisp yet soft Italian …
CLASSIC CHICAGO ITALIAN BEEF SANDWICH RECIPE DONE AT HOME
16/8/2016 · There’s no need for a special trip to Chicago when armed with this amazing Italian beef sandwich recipe. Created on the Sout Side of Chicago (they say Sout on the South Side), in the Italian enclaves around the now defunct Stockyards, the classic Chicago Italian Beef Sandwich …
22 BEST PORK LOIN ROAST RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
17/9/2020 · A perfectly cooked pork loin roast makes a delicious entree. Gone are the days of dry, overcooked pork. In 2011, the USDA lowered the recommended minimum temperature to 145 F; while the previous 160 F would be fine for fattier cuts such as ribs or shoulder, it produced tough and dry pork …
PORCHETTA (AUTHENTIC ITALIAN PORK ROAST) - CHRISTINA'S CUCINA
4/10/2020 · Porchetta is one of Italy’s most famous pork dishes. Use this authentic Italian porchetta recipe to recreate the flavors of this traditional sandwich (panino) from Italy. Don’t be afraid, it’s …
LEFTOVER PORK RECIPES: 15 WAYS TO USE UP LEFTOVER ROAST ...
29/3/2021 · Leftover chunks of pork are perfect for covering in breadcrumbs and frying. It really doesn't take long - just a little bit of seasoning and a drizzle of oil. Breaded pork is a great way of using up stale bread and your meat leftovers in one. Just remember cooked pork won't take as long to cook as recipes for fresh pork …
10 BEST ITALIAN CHOCOLATE COOKIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
16/1/2022 · The Best Italian Chocolate Cookies Recipes on Yummly ... hot dog buns, Italian dressing, boneless pork loin chops, pizza sauce and 1 more. ... Italian Stuffed Pork Meatball Sandwich Pork. garlic powder, kosher salt, bread crumbs, ground pork…