BEST SHEET PAN PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ... - DELISH
There's no need for a pie dish with this Sheet-Pan Pumpkin Pie from Delish.com.
Provided by Lena Abraham
Categories nut-free vegetarian autumn feed a crowd Thanksgiving baking dessert
Total Time 4 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 0S
Yield 20 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place flour and butter into freezer for 30 minutes before starting crust process. In a large food processor, pulse flour, sugar, and salt until combined. Add butter and pulse until pea-sized and some slightly larger pieces form. With the machine running, add vinegar, then ice water into feed tube, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough starts to come together and is moist but not wet and sticky (test by squeezing some with your fingers). Mixture will be crumbly. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Remove 1/4 of the dough and flatten into a disk (making sure there are no/minimal cracks), and reshape remaining 3/4 dough into another disk. Cover each disk with plastic wrap and refrigerate until dough is very cold, at least 2 hours or up to overnight. Preheat oven to 425º and grease a 12"-x-17" baking sheet with cooking spray. Roll out larger portion of pie dough into a large rectangle, slightly larger than the prepared baking sheet. Roll up dough on your rolling pin and drape over sheet pan. Gently press dough to fit pan, and trim any overhang. Prick bottom with a fork and refrigerate 30 minutes or freeze 10 minutes. Line crust with parchment and fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake 10 minutes, then remove parchment and weights. Reduce heat to 350º. Meanwhile, prepare filling: In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, cream, brown sugar, eggs, flour, spices, vanilla, and salt. Pour filling over crust and bake until set and only slightly jiggly in the middle, 40 minutes. Meanwhile, make decorations: On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining dough. Cut out small decorations of your choice and place on a small parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes. When pie comes out of the oven, add decorative crust and let cool completely. Slice into squares and serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
WARWICK DAVIS’ STEAK & STILTON PIE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
In my mind, a pie like this with melt-in-the mouth crumbly pastry on the top, sides and bottom immediately hits heavenly status. For the filling, I’m using chuck steak and brisket, cooked until dark and caramelized. Let quality wine clean the pan, then bubble away for maximum depth and deliciousness. What a treat!
Total Time 4 hours 35 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Slice the beef into 2.5cm chunks, then toss with the flour and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil into a large pan on a medium heat, then brown the beef all over. Remove to a plate, leaving the pan on the heat.
- Peel and roughly chop the onions, carrots and celery. Add to the pan with the bay leaves and cook for 5 minutes, or until starting to soften, stirring occasionally. Remove to the plate with the meat.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and chop into 1cm cubes. Pour the wine into the empty pan and leave it to reduce by half, then add the meat and softened veg back to the pan, along with the potatoes.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then reduce to medium-low and simmer for 2 hours 30 minutes, or until the meat is tender, adding splashes of water to loosen, if needed. Once cooked, season to perfection and leave to cool.
- For the pastry, put the flour and a good pinch of sea salt into a food processor, cube and add the butter, then pulse until just combined. Pick and roughly chop the herb leaves, add to the processor with 100ml of ice-cold water, and pulse again until it forms a rough dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/325ºF/gas 3 and lightly oil a 20cm loose-bottomed round cake tin.
- Roll out two-thirds of the pastry on a clean flour-dusted surface to 2mm thick. Loosely roll it around the rolling pin and unroll it over the cake tin, gently easing it into the shape of the tin. Patch up any holes and trim the edges.
- Spoon in two-thirds of the cooled filling (freeze the rest and serve as a stew another day). Crumble over the Stilton and brush the pastry edges with beaten egg.
- Roll out the remaining pastry so it’s slightly bigger than the tin and top the pie, crimping the edges to seal. Make a small incision in the centre so steam can escape. Use any spare pastry to decorate the pie, if you like.
- Eggwash the top, then bake at the bottom of the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the pastry is golden and the pie is piping hot. Leave to stand for 30 minutes, then serve up. Delicious with creamy mash, extra gravy and steamed seasonal greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 608 calories, FatContent 35 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 17.6 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 25.4 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 45.2 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 3.6 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.5 g salt, FiberContent 3.4 g fibre
More about "how to remove pie from pan recipes"
FOUR-FLAVOR SHEET PAN PIE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
Total Time 2 hours 0 minutes
- Bake until all pies are set and the crust on the apple pie and cherry pie is golden brown and crisp, 55 minutes to 1 hour 5 minutes.
FANTASTIC FISH PIE | JAMIE OLIVER FISH & SEAFOOD RECIPES
Total Time 1 hours
Calories 539 calories per serving
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/450°F/gas 8.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into 2.5cm chunks, then put into boiling salted water and bring back to the boil for 2 minutes.
- Carefully add the eggs to the pan and cook for a further 8 minutes, or until hard-boiled, by which time the potatoes should also be cooked.
- At the same time, steam the spinach in a colander above the pan. This will only take a minute. When the spinach is done, remove from the colander and gently squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Drain the potatoes in the colander. Remove the eggs, cool under cold water, then peel and quarter them. Place to one side.
- Peel and finely chop the onion, then peel, halve and finely chop the carrot.
- In a separate pan, slowly fry the onion and carrot in a little oil for about 5 minutes, then add the double cream and bring just to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and finely grate in 2 good handfuls of cheese, then squeeze in the lemon juice and stir through the mustard.
- Pick and finely chop the parsley and stir into the cream mixture.
- Slice the fish into strips then place in an earthenware dish with the spinach and eggs and mix together, pouring over the creamy vegetable sauce.
- The cooked potatoes should be drained and mashed – add a bit of oil, sea salt, black pepper and a touch of nutmeg (if using). Spread on top of the fish. Don’t bother piping it to make it look pretty – it’s a homely hearty thing.
- Place in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden.
- Serve with some nice peas or greens, not forgetting your baked beans and tomato ketchup. Tacky but tasty, and that’s what I like.
LAMB AND LENTIL SHEPHERDS PIE | SAINSBURY'S RECIPES
Total Time 115 minutes
Calories 479 calories per serving
Into a heated, large pan, add the oil or Frylight and add the lamb, and fry for approx 8-10 mins, until browned, stirring occasionally to break any lumps
Remove the meat, drain off any fat, and set aside. Spray the pan with the other squirt of spray, reduce the heat, add the diced onion, carrot, celery, and garlic, and cook over a medium heat for 8 mins, until the onion is softened
Add the herbs, tomato puree & Worcestershire sauce, and fry for a minute or so, before adding the lamb back in
Pour over the stock, bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 30 mins. After 15 mins, remove the lid, and add the drained lentils
Heat the oven to 180c/ 160 fan, gas 4.
Meanwhile, in a pan of boiling water, boil the potatoes, until cooked, approx 15 mins
Once cooked, drain, add the skimmed milk, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, mash well
Spoon the mince into an oven proof baking dish, remove the bay leaf, and rosemary, (if left whole).
Spread the mash over the top, fluffing with a fork if desired. Bake for 20-25 mins, until golden brown and bubbling
Allow to stand for 5 mins before serving. Garnish with parsley immediately before serving
SPECIAL SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
Total Time 1 hours 45 minutes
Cuisine British recipes
Calories 662kcals per serving
- Spoon the meat mixture into a 2 litre ovenproof dish or 6 x 300ml individual ovenproof dishes. Top with the mashed potato (you can pipe this if you want to be cheffy), then sprinkle with the cheese. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until golden and piping hot.
NURSERY FISH PIE | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO PIE PAN SIZES
SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | COMFORT FOOD RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
GIRDLEBUSTER PIE | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
THE ULTIMATE FISH PIE - RECIPES - HAIRY BIKERS
PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE | DESSERT | THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
POTATO AND TURKEY POT PIE | HOLIDAY RECIPES | POT PIE RECIPES
SHEET PAN PECAN PIE FOR A CROWD - AN ALLI EVENT
MAKE THANKSGIVING EASIER WITH SHEET-PAN PIE AND 5 MORE ...
KETO PUMPKIN PIE (CRUSTLESS) - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE - EASY DESSERT RECIPES
CHRISTMAS PIE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
COTTAGE PIE | COMFORT FOOD RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
EASY PECAN CHEESECAKE PIE ~ SIMPLE SWEET RECIPES