RIBS RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
A cheap cut of meat that's best served in a tasty, sticky marinade and slow-cooked until tender. Try one of our favourite pork and beef rib recipes.
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 1
OVEN BAKED BBQ RIBS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine onions, ketchup, water, salt, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and mustard. Split ribs down the center between the bones.
- Heat a large lightly oiled skillet over medium-high heat. Add ribs and sear until browned. This may have to be done in several batches.
- Place ribs in a single layer in two baking pans or casserole dishes. Pour half of the sauce over the ribs, reserve remainder.
- Bake ribs in preheated oven for 3 hours. Turn and baste meat every twenty minutes with remaining sauce, using all sauce by two hours. Continue turning and basting ribs using sauce in the pan during the last hour of baking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 684.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 38.3 g, CholesterolContent 159.9 mg, FatContent 41.1 g, FiberContent 0.9 g, ProteinContent 40.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 14.7 g, SodiumContent 2773 mg, SugarContent 32.9 g
More about "how to make spare ribs in oven recipes"
MAPLE-GLAZED PORK SPARE RIBS | PORK RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
Total Time 2 hours 20 minutes
Cuisine https://schema.org/LowLactoseDiet, https://schema.org/GlutenFreeDiet
Calories 416 calories per serving
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- Season the ribs with sea salt and black pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a lidded, ovenproof dish over a medium-high heat. Add the ribs, and brown in 2 batches, on all sides for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Peel and finely dice the onions. Peel the garlic.
- Drain any excess oil from the pan, add the onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for around 4 minutes, or until the onion begins to brown.
- Add the maple syrup and bring to the boil, then reduce until the bubbles become slow and thick.
- Add the vinegar and cook for about 3 minutes, until well reduced. Add the chicken stock, return the ribs to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Put the lid on and place in the oven for 2 hours, or until the ribs are tender and flake with a fork, turning halfway through, and removing the lid for the last 30 minutes. Check on the ribs regularly to make sure the pan has enough liquid, adding 50ml of water at a time to keep the juices from running dry and burning.
- Serve the maple-glazed pork with your favourite vegetables.
CHAR SIU-STYLE OVEN BAKED RIBS - THE WOKS OF LIFE
SIMPLE COUNTRY RIBS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
NO-FUSS CROCKPOT SPARE RIBS - FOOD FOLKS AND FUN
HONEY GARLIC RIBS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES