HOT GERMAN POTATO SALAD III RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 30 minutes. Drain, cool and slice thin.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside, reserving drippings.
- Saute onions in bacon drippings until they are golden-brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, celery seed, and pepper. Add to the sauteed onions and cook and stir until bubbly, then remove from heat. Stir in water and vinegar, then return to the stove and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for one minute. Carefully stir bacon and sliced potatoes into the vinegar/water mixture, stirring gently until potatoes are heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 32.9 g, CholesterolContent 9.5 mg, FatContent 6.5 g, FiberContent 2.8 g, ProteinContent 4.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.1 g, SodiumContent 512.4 mg, SugarContent 3.7 g
GERMAN POTATO SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
I'd always loved my grandmother's German potato salad. So when I married a potato farmer—and had spuds in abundance—I played with several recipes that sounded similar and came up with this salad that reminds me of hers. — Sue Hartman, Parma, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 25 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp; remove and set aside. Drain all but 2-3 tablespoons of drippings; cook onion until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Add water and vinegar; cook and stir for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. , Stir in sugar until dissolved. Crumble bacon; gently stir in bacon and potatoes. Heat through, stirring lightly to coat potatoes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119 calories, FatContent 8g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 9mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 399mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 2g protein.
More about "how to make hot potato salad recipes"
BEST CLASSIC POTATO SALAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY POTATO ...
Total Time 25 minutes
Category gluten-free, birthday, Father's Day, feed a crowd, Fourth of July, Summer, lunch, side dish
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and season generously with salt. Bring water to a boil and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a knife, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, red onion, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, pickles and paprika. Stir until well combined. Fold in cooked potatoes, eggs, and chives, then season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve over butterhead lettuce.
HOW TO MAKE POTATO SALAD | BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE | INA ...
Total Time 30 minutes
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in quarters or in half, depending on their size. Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl. While the potatoes are still warm, pour enough dressing over them to moisten. Add the celery and red onion, 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Toss well, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. Serve cold or at room temperature.
HOT GERMAN POTATO SALAD RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 110 per serving
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in potatoes and cook, stirring gently to coat potatoes, until hot and bubbling. Top with bacon. Serve warm.
BEST RED POTATO SALAD RECIPE- HOW TO MAKE RED POTATO SALAD
Total Time 1 hours 25 minutes
Category comfort food, side dish
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Season with salt. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes, then let cool slightly and cut in half or quarters (depending on the size of the potatoes). Let cool completely, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk to combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add the celery, dill, and cooled potatoes to the bowl with the dressing. Stir gently to combine. Top with crispy bacon right before serving.
HOW TO MAKE POTATO SALAD | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST HOT GERMAN POTATO SALAD WITH BACON RECIPES | YUMMLY
OLD-FASHIONED HOT GERMAN POTATO SALAD RECIPE – UNSOPHISTICOOK
SOUTHERN STYLE POTATO SALAD RECIPE | I HEART RECIPES
BEST 19 POTATO SALAD RECIPES - MAKE YOUR BEST MEAL
10 PERFECT POTATO SALAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
26 POTATO SALAD RECIPE IDEAS | TYPES OF POTATO SALAD ...
EASY POTATO SALAD RECIPE: COOL, CREAMY AND MAKE-AHEAD-ABLE!
POTATO RECIPES | 100+ AMAZING RECIPES USING POTATOES
PERFECT POTATO SALAD RECIPES | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
10 BEST POTATO SALAD WITH MAYONNAISE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SOUTHERN STYLE MUSTARD POTATO SALAD | EASY BUDGET RECIPES ...
63 BEST SALAD RECIPES FOR EVERY SEASON | EPICURIOUS