FRIED PIE PASTRY RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Combine egg and water, and sprinkle lightly over flour mixture. Add vinegar, and lightly stir with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened. Shape into a ball.
- Wrap dough in wax paper. Chill for at least one hour. Use as directed in any fried pie recipe.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233 calories, CarbohydrateContent 23.9 g, CholesterolContent 15.5 mg, FatContent 13.5 g, FiberContent 0.8 g, ProteinContent 3.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.4 g, SodiumContent 200.2 mg, SugarContent 0.1 g
FRIED APPLE HAND PIES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD ...
These pies are perfect for people who deep-fry their turkeys on Thanksgiving. Instead of wasting leftover oil, use it for dessert! These pies can be made days, weeks, even months ahead of time and just fried up after the big meal. It'll cut down on dishes too!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 45 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 18 hand pies
Number Of Ingredients 18
- For the pie dough: Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the shortening and butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add in the ice water and vinegar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse until the mixture just comes together. Turn the dough out onto a large piece of plastic wrap and press into a large disc. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- For the filling: Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat and then saute the apples, stirring, until just starting to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the sugar and stir. Add the cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg and cook, stirring, until some of the apples start to break apart (but most are still whole), about 4 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and remove from the heat. Set aside to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Fill a deep pot halfway with oil and heat to 365 degrees F. Roll the dough out 1/8-inch thick on a lightly-floured surface. Cut out eighteen 4 1/2-inch-diameter circles, gathering and re-rolling the dough if necessary. Beat the egg in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of water. Place about 1 heaping tablespoon of the apple filling into the center of each dough round. Brush the edge with some egg mixture and fold the dough over to make a half-moon shape. Press out the air and seal the edges with a fork. Repeat with the remaining filling and dough.
- Place 4 to 6 pies at a time into the hot oil and cook until golden brown, flipping as needed, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cook's Note: The pies can be frozen for up to 6 months before frying. Frozen pies will take about 8 minutes to fry. You can also refrigerate the pies for up to 2 hours before frying.
More about "how to make fried pies recipes"
FRIED APPLE PIES RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
- Mix the brown sugar, half-and-half, butter and a pinch of salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, whisking gently, until it thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the vanilla, cinnamon and a second pinch of salt and cook another minute to thicken further. Turn off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature before serving. Chill if not using immediately.
HOW TO MAKE FRIED CHICKEN - PILLSBURY.COM
DEEP-FRIED DELIGHT: MORE OHIOANS DISCOVERING UNIQUE AMISH ...
THE WORD IS OUT ON SANDRA D’S FRIED PIES | SMOKY MOUNTAIN ...
FRIED CANNED BISCUITS - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS - EASY DI…
SOUTHERN RECIPES EVERYONE SHOULD MAKE IN 2022 | SOUTHER…