CANCHA (TOASTED CORN NUTS) RECIPE BY MATT SULEM
A popular snack in South America, think of cancha liked seasoned, inside-out popcorn kernels. But don't worry, this won't hurt your teeth like those other ones.This recipe is courtesy of About.com.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add corn kernels and heat, shaking pan from time to time, until kernels start to pop.
- Cover the pan loosely with a large lid so that the corn kernels don't fly out of the pan as they "pop", and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the kernels have stopped popping and are deep golden brown — or about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss the toasted corn with salt.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 103 calories, SugarContent 2 g, FatContent 5 g, CarbohydrateContent 12 g, FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 2 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.4 g, SodiumContent 120 mg
HOMEMADE CARAMEL CORN 'N NUTS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
- Heat oven to 200°F. Place popcorn in large ungreased roasting pan; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 12-14 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 4-6 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 238°F or small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a soft ball.
- Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Carefully (mixture will be hot)pour over popcorn; sprinkle nuts over caramel mixture. Stir until well coated.
- Bake 45 minutes; stirring after 20 minutes. Remove from oven; immediately place caramel corn on waxed paper. Cool completely. Break into pieces. Store in container with tight-fitting lid.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140 calories, FatContent 7 grams, SaturatedFatContent grams, TransfatContent grams, CholesterolContent 15 milligrams, SodiumContent 130 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 19 grams, FiberContent 0 grams, SugarContent grams, ProteinContent 1 grams
More about "how to make corn nuts recipes"
AIR FRYER CORN NUTS - HOME COOKING MADE EASY - MEALTHY.COM
You will never eat store-bought corn nuts again after you taste these crunchy homemade corn nuts cooked in the air fryer. All you need is three ingredients: hominy, oil, and salt and about 45 minutes and you are set. Make them for game day, happy hour, or just a quick snack in the afternoon!
Total Time 44 minutes
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F (200°C). Place soaked hominy in a large bowl. Add oil and salt; stir until evenly coated. Place hominy in the air fryer basket in an even layer, working in batches as needed. Cook in air fryer for 12 minutes. Shake basket and cook until lightly browned, about 12 minutes more. Transfer corn nuts to paper towel-lined plate and let cool until crisp, about 15 minutes. Repeat with remaining hominy.
EASY HOMEMADE CORN NUTS RECIPE - CHOWHOUND
CORN NUTS RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
MAKING CORN NUTS - YOUTUBE
EASY HOMEMADE CORN NUTS BAKED OR FRIED SNACK RECIPE
AIR FRYER CORN NUTS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CORN NUTS | LEAFTV
CORN NUTS , SALTY CORN NUTS , FRIED CORN NUTS , TOASTED ...
ROASTED CORN NUTS - HOMEMADE AND HEALTHY SNACK!
HOMEMADE CORN NUTS | CONFIDENT COOK, HESITANT BAKER
ROASTED CHICKPEAS... OR HOMEMADE CORN NUTS! | SWEET ANNA'S
HOW TO MAKE MUTAKURA – CORN AND NUTS (VERSION 2 ...
RECIPE FOR CORN NUTS? - HOME COOKING - CHOWHOUND
WEEKEND SNACK: BAKED, SPICED ‘CORN NUTS’ | KITCHN
MAKE YOUR OWN SPICED NUTS | FOOD NETWORK HEALTHY EATS ...
9 CARAMELIZED AND CANDIED NUT RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS