HOW TO MAKE CAKE MIX WITH PUDDING | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Though I love to cook, I'm fairly new to baking "outside the box" lol. I've seen several wonderful sounding recipes I'd like to try, listing cake mix with pudding as an ingredient. Yay!! Right up my alley! =D But wait, I've never seen a cake mix with pudding. Hmmmm.... So I did a little internet digging and found this article/recipe. Thought I'd share it for anyone else out there who was scratching their heads. "You can use cake mix with an additional ingredient to make it taste moist and homemade: pudding. Adding an instant-pudding mix to your cake mix and altering the other ingredient amounts and bake time will produce a delicious cake--and no one will detect that it started with a mix. Difficulty: Moderately Easy" Source: http://www.ehow.com/how_4868568_add-pudding-cake-mix.html
Provided by Amanda Camden-Spina @MyKitchenIsMyCastle
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Additional items needed: Mixing bowl, electric beater, cooking spray/butter, 9x13 inch cake pan, toothpicks.
- Select identical flavors of cake mix and instant-pudding mix, such as chocolate cake mix and chocolate pudding. If you want a more complex cake flavor, select complementing cake and pudding mix flavors, such as yellow cake mix and lemon instant-pudding mix.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the cake pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter. (I flour my cake pans as well, but it's not required.)
- Combine the cake and pudding mixes with a spoon in a large mixing bowl.
- Add four eggs, 1 cup water and 1/3 cup vegetable oil. If you wish to make a denser cake (similar to a pound cake) add 1 cup sour cream.
- Beat all the ingredients until combined with an electric mixer on medium speed. The batter will be much thicker than regular cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and bake it for approximately 50 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake and remove it. If the toothpick comes out clean with no raw batter, the cake is done.
BLUE-RIBBON BUTTER CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
I found this buttercake recipe in an old cookbook I bought at a garage sale and couldn’t wait to try it. I knew it had been someone’s favorite because of the well-worn page. —Joan Gertz, Palmetto, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 01 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition., Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-70 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges and center tube of pan. Invert cake onto a wire rack over waxed paper. , For sauce, combine the sugar, butter and water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat just until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in extracts., Poke holes in the top of the warm cake; spoon 1/4 cup sauce over cake. Let stand until sauce is absorbed. Repeat twice. Poke holes into sides of cake; brush remaining sauce over sides. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410 calories, FatContent 19g fat (11g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 100mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 344mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 5g protein.
More about "how to make blue cake recipes"
KENTUCKY BLUE RIBBON ALL-BUTTER POUND CAKE - ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 50 minutes
Category Desserts, Cakes, Pound Cake Recipes
Calories 551.9 calories per serving
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
ROYAL BLUE VELVET CAKE RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Total Time 1 hours 35 minutes
Calories 390 per serving
- If necessary, trim rounded tops of 2 cake layers to flatten before assembling. Place 1 cake layer, top side down, on serving plate; spread with about 1/3 cup frosting. Top with second layer, top side down; spread with about 1/3 cup frosting. Top with untrimmed cake layer, top side up. Frost side and top of cake with remaining frosting. Store loosely covered.
29 AWARD WINNING CAKE RECIPES TO WIN THE BLUE RIBBON AT ...
OUR 20 BEST CRAB CAKE RECIPES TO MAKE ASAP | ALLRECIPES
25 EASY CAKE RECIPES THAT EVERY HOME BAKER SHOULD MASTER ...
MERRY CHRISTMAS 2021 CAKE RECIPES: HERE ARE 5 CAKE IDEAS ...
MAKE-AHEAD THANKSGIVING RECIPES - THE NEW YORK TIMES
CAKE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME