SUPER EGGS BENEDICT RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
I do love eggs Benedict. Hot fluffy muffins are important, but really good wafer-thin smoked ham is essential. For fun, I’ve given you a simple method for creating a double-yolker egg, which also helps you achieve the perfect shape. There’s more hollandaise here than you need, but the reality is it’s really hard to make a smaller batch because you’re emulsifying the butter. However, you can refrigerate what you don’t need and use it almost like a mayonnaise over the next few days. Feel free to swap out the ham for beautiful smoked salmon, or even a slow-roasted portobello mushroom, if you prefer.
Total Time 40 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Trim and finely chop the spring onions and put them into a large frying pan on a medium-low heat with a little drizzle of oil.
- Add the spinach with a grating of nutmeg and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Cook down until dark and delicious, and any excess water has cooked away, then add a squeeze of lemon juice to taste, and keep warm.
- To make the hollandaise, melt the butter in a small pan. Put the egg yolks into a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and whisk with a tablespoon of lemon juice and the mustard.
- Whisking constantly, very slowly (otherwise it will split) pour the melted butter into the egg mixture, until well combined, adding a splash of water to loosen, if needed. Whisk in a splash of vinegar and season to perfection.
- Turn the heat off and keep warm over the pan of water, stirring occasionally, and loosening with an extra splash of water if needed (or see tip).
- Warm the muffins in the oven.
- Meanwhile, simply press an oiled sheet of good-quality clingfilm into an oiled teacup, then crack 2 eggs into it to cheat a double-yolker. Bring the sides up, ease out any air, twist together and tie a tight knot to pouch the egg into a parcel – it’s very easy.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs (a drizzle of truffle oil, a shake of Tabasco or a few fresh soft herbs can be added to your parcels for extra flavour).
- Poach the parcels in a pan of gently simmering water for 8½ minutes. To check they’re done, lift one out with a slotted spoon and gently squeeze – use your instincts.
- Halve the warm muffins, then divide over the spinach and waves of delicate ham. Unwrap the poached double-yolker eggs and balance on top, spoon a tablespoon of hollandaise over each one, then bust the eggs open and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 418 calories, FatContent 22.7 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 8.2 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 26.7 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 30.6 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 3.9 g sugar, SodiumContent 0 g salt, FiberContent 0 g fibre
PERFECTLY COOKED EGGS – INSTANT POT RECIPES
Steaming eggs in the shell gives you the very best results, whether you want soft-, medium-, or hard-cooked eggs. An extra benefit of steaming: Your hard-cooked eggs will never acquire a green ring around the yolk—a sign of overcooking.
Provided by Instant Pot Miracle
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Yield 2-4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot. Place a steamer basket or the trivet in the pot.
- Carefully arrange eggs in the steamer basket. Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve.
- For soft-cooked eggs, select manual and cook at low pressure for 3 minutes. When cooking time is complete, use a natural release to depressurize. (For medium-cooked eggs, cook for 4 minutes; for hardcooked eggs, cook for 5 minutes.)
- Remove the lid from the pot and gently place eggs in a bowl of cool water for 1 minute to serve warm.
More about "how to keep eggs warm recipes"
EGGS BENEDICT RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 30 minutes
Category Breakfast and Brunch, Eggs
Calories 879 calories per serving
- Spread toasted muffins with softened butter, and top each one with a slice of bacon, followed by one poached egg. Place 2 muffins on each plate and drizzle with hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve immediately.
THE PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS – INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Let soak in ice water bath for 5 minutes for fast cooling and easy peeling.
7 HEALTHY CHILI RECIPES TO KEEP YOU WARM ALL SEASON
KEEP YOURSELF WARM WITH THESE 5 HEALTHY FAT FOODS
CLASSIC EGGS BENEDICT RECIPE | GET CRACKING
CLASSIC EGGS FLORENTINE RECIPE MADE EASY
BOUGATSA - CRISPY FILO PASTRY FILLED WITH WARM CUSTARD ...
40 RECIPES TO MAKE WITH HARD-BOILED EGGS | SOUTHERN LIVING