HOW TO MAKE BONE BROTH (PLUS, A BIG SHORTCUT) – ANCIENT ...
Wondering how to make bone broth to get all the beneficial qualities of this super substance? Look no further for key ingredients, tip and shortcuts!
Provided by Dr. Josh Axe
Total Time 24 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 24 hours
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place bones into a large stockpot or slow cooker and cover with water.
- Add apple cider vinegar to water prior to cooking. This helps pull out important nutrients from the bones.
- You can also add in sea salt, peppercorns, vegetables — such as onions, garlic, carrots and celery — and herbs like parsley and thyme for added nutrient value.
- Fill stockpot or slow cooker with filtered water to cover. Leave room for water to boil.
- Heat slowly. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for at least six hours. Remove any scum as it arises.
- Cook slow and at low heat. Chicken bones can cook for 24 hours. Beef bones can cook for 48 hours. A low and slow cook time is necessary in order to fully extract the nutrients in and around the bone.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Discard solids and strain remainder in a bowl through a colander.
- Let stock cool to room temperature, cover and chill.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 20
3-STEP FALL OFF THE BONE RIBS---- EASY! RECIPE - FOOD.COM
NOTE THE TEMPERATURE CHANGE HALF WAY THROUGH THE COOKING! The "three steps" to this involve browning the ribs with your favorite seasonings, then with the sauce, then covering with foil and forgetting about them. The ingredient amounts are completely flexible and are all done to personal taste. I couldn't post the recipe without a measurement, but really... it's your own preference. Don't be afraid of the long list of directions, I tried to be exact. Thankfully, my dad taught me his recipe before he passed away. This is a good recipe to start the cooking, then turn the oven down and forget about it. The house will smell amazing!
Total Time 3 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Do NOT boil ribs, but cut away any large amounts of silver skin or some of the fat. Generously season both sides of the ribs with salt, pepper and Season-All.
- Line a cookie sheet (with a lip on all sides) with heavy duty foil. Spray foil with cooking spray lightly.
- Put ribs in 350 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes, until meat starts to brown on both sides, flipping as needed.
- Brush on your favorite BBQ sauce (both sides of ribs) and put back in the 350 degree oven until BBQ sauce starts to caramelize but not burn, approximately 20 minutes. Flip them half way through.
- Once sauce is caramelized and cooked into the meat add another good amount of sauce to the tops of the ribs. Try not to let too much sauce fall to the foil, but it's okay if some gets on it.
- With top of ribs facing up, cover with a low-tented aluminum foil (tented just enough to not let it touch the tops of the ribs) and seal ALL sides TIGHTLY by curling foil under the lip or under the cookie sheet itself. The goal is to not let the steam out as it cooks.
- TURN OVEN DOWN TO 250 DEGREES! VERY IMPORTANT OR THE SAUCE WILL BURN! (As you can tell, I've made this mistake before.).
- Put ribs back in at 250 degrees and set a timer for approx 2 hours. Take cookie sheet out and pull back one corner of the foil (careful of the steam!). Poke a fork at one of the ribs -- the meat should easily come off the bone. If it doesn't, put back in the 250 degree oven and check every 20 minutes or so to see if the steam worked its magic.
- I've done two full sheets of ribs for a total of 4 long slabs of baby back ribs (two slabs per cookie sheet) in around 4 hours total cooking time (time includes browning and steaming).
- You will not believe how easy and tasty these are! Once the browning part is over you basically forget about them. There's really no wrong way to season them or sauce them.
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
- *** Special note: I have done the browning part (with seasoning, then the first part of the sauce caramelizing) on the grill for a smokey flavor, but prefer just doing everything in the oven. If you grill them, make sure you only put them in the oven for 250 degrees with foil tent on the ribs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380.8, FatContent 0.8, SaturatedFatContent 0, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 4443.4, CarbohydrateContent 92.1, FiberContent 2.1, SugarContent 65.2, ProteinContent 0.2
More about "how to get meat on your bones recipes"
SMOKED SPARE RIBS THAT LITERALLY FALL APART - SMOKING-MEAT.COM
Cuisine Hot Smoking
- Follow this cooking schedule:
BEEF BONE VEGETABLE SOUP | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Category Beef Soups
- do not give cooked bones to dogs.... they could splinter, when cooked. it will hurt or kill a dog. a dog [put in the garbage)
3 VEGETABLE RECIPES TO PUT MEAT ON YOUR BONES. | ELEPHANT ...
GET COOKING: HOW TO COOK WITH LAMB AND BEEF BONES
41 GET SOME MEAT ON YOUR BONES! IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES ...
HOW TO GAIN WEIGHT FAST- HAVE SOME MEAT ON BONES » YOUR ...
BEEF BONES AND RIBS: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE - MEATHACKER
MOUTH-WATERING TRADITIONAL BEEF BONES - ZIMBOKITCHEN
8 DELICIOUS HAM BONE RECIPES - HOW TO USE UP LEFTOVER HAM ...
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BROTH FROM BONES 4 EASY WAYS + BONE ...
HOW TO ROAST BONES FOR BONE BROTH, HOMEMADE STOCK, AND MARROW
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY STOCK FROM THE BONES - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
HOW TO MAKE BONE BROTH: INSTANT POT, CROCKPOT & STOVE ...
HOW TO COOK WITH A SOUP BONE | EHOW
HOW TO MAKE BONE BROTH TO HEAL YOUR GUT | FAT-BURNING MAN
BEST TURKEY BONE BROTH RECIPE TO MAKE WITH A FINISHED BIRD
HOW TO MAKE EASY TURKEY STOCK | MARTHA STEWART
WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR LEFTOVER CHRISTMAS HAM BONE | BON APPETIT
HOW TO COOK MELT IN YOUR MOUTH ROAST BEEF (EASY RECIPE ...
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BONE BROTH | CHICKEN BROTH RECIPE