PANFORTE | UNCATEGORISED RECIPES | JAMIE MAGAZINE
This traditional Italian cake originates in the Tuscan city of Siena. It keeps quite well, so seal one in a nice tin as a present for a friend.
Total Time 1 hours
Yield 20 slices
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Line the base of a 22cm round tin or a 20cm square cake tin with rice paper.
- Toast the nuts in a dry pan and add to a bowl. Chop and stir in the candied peel along with the flour.
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC/300ºF/gas 2.
- Blitz the figs in a food processor, then transfer to a saucepan with 1 splash of the booze, the honey and sugar. In a pestle and mortar, bash the cardamom pods, remove the seeds and crush, then add to the pan with the cinnamon, cloves and a good grating of nutmeg.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, then pour onto the nut mixture. Mix well, adding a splash of booze if it’s very dry.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully press down a layer of rice paper on top. Return to the oven for 10 minutes, then remove and leave to cool in the tin.
- Thinly slice and dust with icing sugar, then serve with espresso.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233 calories, FatContent 8.5 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 0.7 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 4.6 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 32.2 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 29.1 g sugar, SodiumContent 0 g salt, FiberContent 0 g fibre
VEGAN CHRISTMAS CAKE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Substitute eggs for chia seeds in this vegan take on a traditional Christmas cake. The coconut oil adds a great background flavour and keeps the cake moist
Provided by Sophie Godwin – Cookery writer
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Total Time 2 hours 40 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours 10 minutes
Yield cuts into 12 -15 slices
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Put the dried fruit, zests and juice, rum, coconut oil and sugar into a large pan set over a medium heat. Give it a good mix, bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 mins until the sugar has dissolved. Tip the mixture into a large bowl and leave to cool for 30 mins.
- Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. Line a deep 20cm cake tin with a double layer of baking parchment, then wrap a double layer of newspaper around the outside, tying it with string to secure. Mix the chia seeds with 150ml water. Leave to sit for 5 mins until gel-like and thick.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the fruit mixture, along with the chia seed mix, and stir well, making sure there are no pockets of flour. Tip into your prepared tin, level the top with a spoon and bake in the centre of the oven for 2 hrs.
- Remove the cake from the oven, poke holes in it with a skewer and spoon over 2 tbsp of rum. Leave the cake to cool completely in the tin.
- To store, peel off the baking parchment, then wrap well in cling film. Feed the cake with 1-2 tbsp alcohol every fortnight, until you ice it. Don’t feed the cake for the final week to give the surface a chance to dry before icing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 550 calories, FatContent 25 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 15 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 67 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 57 grams sugar, FiberContent 3 grams fiber, ProteinContent 6 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.15 milligram of sodium
10 BEST OVEN ROASTED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH RECIPES | YUMMLY
DRY BRINE TURKEY BREAST • HOW TO DRY ... - TWO PURPLE FIGS
WOOD-FIRED RECIPES | FORNO BRAVO COMMUNITY COOKBOOK
FIGS NUTRITION: ANTICANCER, FIBER-RICH, ANTIBACTERIAL ...
FIGS: HEALTH BENEFITS, NUTRIENTS PER SERVING, PREPARATION ...
20 REAL OLD-FASHIONED SOUTHERN FRUITCAKE RECIPES ...
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | EASY PARMESAN "RISOTTO" | RECIPES
RECIPES & COOKING INSTRUCTIONS | TEXAS QUAIL FARMS
FIG JAM (WITH DRIED FIGS) - SAVOR THE BEST
4 SIMPLE WAYS TO DRY GINGER - WIKIHOW
10 FRESH FIG RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
CHRISTMAS: DESSERTS RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
SIMPLY HOLIDAYS | SCHNUCKS
RECIPE ARE PERFECTS – FREE DAILY RECIPES
ITALIAN FIG COOKIES I RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
OATCAKES RECIPES - BBC FOOD
RECIPES OF LONGEVITY - VALTER LONGO
INA GARTEN BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPES