Most people boil their eggs, scramble them or fry them. Very few people know how to cook an egg sunny side up. But, before you learn how to cook sunny side up eggs, you need to understand what this term means. Most restaurant/diners use this term for hard cooked, unbroken yolks which are usually not visible when the egg is served. The white part of these types of eggs mostly surrounds the yolk and it is also visible on top of the dish. Not many people use this term to refer to a particular style of preparing an egg and most people don't know how to make sunny side up eggs.
Eggs are a super food!Eggs contain protein and essential nutrients such as choline, vitamin B12, riboflavin, folate, selenium, iron and other vitamins. Even eating just one egg daily can have a really positive impact on your health! PRECAUTIONS: Wait 24 hours after consuming raw eggs before drinking unpasteurized milk as the two may have been cross-contaminated. Pasteurization kills the harmful germs in raw eggs that cause salmonellosis, which can be deadly if not treated immediately. For infants and children: Cook eggs thoroughly before giving them to your little ones, or if you go the raw route, make sure they are well-mashed so there are no chunks. Eggs contain a significant amount of protein and can be the only source of food for infants and children under the age of 1 year. Make sure to cook eggs thoroughly so there's no risk of food poisoning from salmonella.
How to cook perfect sunny side up eggs in the oven
- Two Eggs · Prepared Dish/ Plate or Container for serving the egg with white visible as much as possible · Oven Proof Dish (Pyrex, Metal, Ceramic etc.) · Butter (optional)
How to cook sunny side up eggs in the microwaveYou Will Need
- Eggs (as many as you want)
- Microwave safe plate/dish
- Spatula for turning eggs
- Crack as many eggs into the bowl as you want sunny side up eggs.
- If doing optional pre-prep stage, whisk the egg mixture well.
- Pour beaten egg mixture through center of dish (optional)
- Might take 30 seconds per egg (do 2 at a time), but you might need to experiment with your microwave. If doing pre-prep stage, skip this step and go straight to next.
- Use spatula to gently flip the yolks up, like shown in video (optional)
- Microwave until whites look cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste 8. Enjoy!