CRISPY FRIED CARP [BEST RECIPE!] | POLONIST
There’s no Polish Christmas Eve without this dish. Carp gets lightly coated in batter and fried until golden. We finish it off with a big spritz of lemon and served both hot or cold.
Provided by Kasia
Total Time 1 hours
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- [The night before] Portion the carp into fish steaks (cutting crosswise, cutting through the bone) or fillet pieces. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Peel and slice the onions.
- Place the fish pieces into a large container, layering it with onion slices. Cover with a lid or cling film and leave in the fridge overnight.
- [On the day] Squeeze the juice out of 3 lemons, cut the last one into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, cover the fish pieces in lemon juice and lemon slices. Make sure each piece of fish has a chance to get friendly with that lemon juice. Covet the bowl with cling film and set aside for 30 minutes.
- After that time, dry carp pieces with paper towels.
- Cover a large plate with five tablespoons of flour and five tablespoons of breadcrumbs, combine them together.
- Grease a large frying pan/skillet with some cooking oil. Set the heat on a medium-high.
- Grab one carp piece at a time and coat it with batter. Make sure each side of the fish is covered well.
- If the pan is hot, we’re ready to fry. Place the fish onto the frying pan and fry until golden. It usually takes 5-6 minutes per each side; but the exact time will depend on how thick your pieces are. Continue until you’re out of fish.
- Serve immediately with some fresh lemon wedges on the side, or wait for it to cool and serve as a cold appetizer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169 calories, CarbohydrateContent 14 grams carbohydrates, CholesterolContent 27 milligrams cholesterol, FatContent 9 grams fat, FiberContent 2 grams fiber, ProteinContent 9 grams protein, SaturatedFatContent 2 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, SodiumContent 120 grams sodium, SugarContent 3 grams sugar, TransFatContent 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFatContent 6 grams unsaturated fat
BAKED CARP - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
If you`ve never had Baked Carp stuffed with walnuts and mushrooms then you have no idea what a truly delicious fish tastes like!
Provided by Efrosia
Total Time 85 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 60 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Wash the cleaned carp, salt and sprinkle it with some of the crushed black pepper.
- Finely chop the onions and sauté them along with the mushrooms in some of the butter, then add some of the finely chopped tomatoes, crushed walnuts, finely chopped parsley, remaining black pepper, wine and salt.
- Fill the carp with the mixture, place it in greased baking dish and cover with the remaining slices of tomatoes.
- Pour on the remaining melted butter and 1/2 cup water over it.
- Bake at moderate temperature until ready.
More about "how to cook carp fish recipes"
FRIED CARP - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
Total Time 40 minutes
Cuisine Bulgarian Cuisine
- Put them to fry until golden on both sides. Serve the fried carp with lemon slices.
SHORT REPORTS - HOW TO COOK A CARP - TEXAS
HOW TO CLEAN, PREPARE & COOK CARP IN 6 EASY STEPS
CATCH AND COOK CARP - HOW TO COOK CARP - CARP FISHING TIPS ...
HOW TO COOK CARP - PAINLESS COOKING
EAT THE INVASIVE: 7 SIMPLE ASIAN CARP RECIPES | OUTDOORHUB
HOW TO CLEAN AND PREPARE FRESH CARP - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO COOK CARP - PAINLESS COOKING
HOW TO CATCH CLEAN & COOK CARP - SIMPLE CARP RECIPE & CARP ...
CARP RECIPE - SICHUAN CRISPY FRIED CARP | HANK SHAW
HOW TO COOK THE WHOLE CARP IN THE OVEN - 7 DELICIOUS RECIPES
HOW TO COOK GRASS CARP | EHOW
CARP OR BUFFALO CANNED FISH - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
HOW TO COOK CARP FISH CAKES DELICIOUSLY
THE BIG APPLE: “THROW AWAY THE FISH, EAT THE PLANK” (JOKE)
HOW TO CLEAN, PREPARE, AND COOK CARP FISH IN EASY STEPS ...
HOW TO COOK FISH CAKES FROM CARP - PROMOBONUSDEPOSIT.COM
HOW TO SMOKE CARP FISH - ULTIMATE GUIDE TO PREPARE, BRINE ...
FAQ: HOW TO COOK CARP FILLET? - RECIPES FOR EVERY TASTE