PUFF PASTRY HOLLY LEAVES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
These elegant appetizers get rave reviews at my office holiday party. The pastry leaves look as if they require hours in the kitchen, but the prep work takes just 30 minutes. —Angela King, Walnut Cove, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 45 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. From each sheet, cut out 12 leaves with a floured 3-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets. With a toothpick, score veins in leaves. In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over pastry. , Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. , In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, parsley and pesto. Slice each pastry leaf in half. Spread 1 tablespoon cheese mixture over bottom half; replace top. Add a pimiento piece on each for a holly berry. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 151 calories, FatContent 10g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 15mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 191mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 3g protein.
CHRISTMAS HOLLY TREATS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Someone brought this in to work and I thought I could copy it without a recipe, and did! Have never worked with marshmallows before, WOW (suggestions appreciated)!! Work fast, it's hot! Hint 1: Buy generic corn flakes at the $1 store! Hint 2: If the "berries" don't stick on the "holly", put the cold holly in the microwave for 20 sec. (on waxed paper) and then add the berries.
Total Time 20 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Yield 36 pieces, 18 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Melt butter in a 3 quart saucepan on Low.
- Add the marshmallows and melt completely - keep stirring.
- Add the green food coloring - keep stirring.
- Lower heat to Warm.
- Add corn flakes and mix until they are all green.
- Drop by teaspoons onto waxed paper to create the "holly".
- While each holly is still warm, add 3 Red-Hots as the berries (see Hint 1 at top if berries don't stick).
- Repeat until all the holly is on the waxed paper.
- Let cool and remove from waxed paper. Put on a party plate and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 95.5, FatContent 2, SaturatedFatContent 1.2, CholesterolContent 5.1, SodiumContent 85.8, CarbohydrateContent 19.7, FiberContent 0.2, SugarContent 9.9, ProteinContent 0.8
More about "holly leaf recipes"
BEST CHEDDAR HOLLY CRACKERS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHEDDAR ...
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Category Christmas, appetizers
- Beat butter and Cheddar with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add rosemary, salt, and pepper, and beat to combine. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually beat in flour, then 1 tablespoon cold water, mixing just until incorporated, 30 seconds (add an additional tablespoon water, 1 teaspoon at a time, if needed). Roll the dough between two sheets of parchment to 1/4-inch thickness. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or up to 3 days. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut out cookies with various-sized small floured holly leaf cookie cutters; transfer to prepared baking sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart. Bake until firm and lightly golden around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets 1 minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
BROWN SUGAR HOLLY LEAVES - RECIPE IDEAS, PRODUCT REVIEWS ...
Total Time 1 hours 40 minutes
Category low-calorie, Christmas, baking, dessert
Calories 110 calories per serving
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until melted and lightly browned. Pour browned butter into small bowl and refrigerate until cold but not firm, about 1 1/2 hours. Meanwhile, on waxed paper, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat browned butter and sugars until creamy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in flour mixture until blended. (Dough will be crumbly; gather together with hand to form a ball.) Divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Between two 12-inch sheets of waxed paper, roll 1 piece of dough 1/8 inch thick. (If paper wrinkles during rolling, peel it off, then replace it to remove wrinkles.) Repeat with remaining 2 pieces of dough. Refrigerate dough 2 hours or until firm enough to cut. (Or, place dough in freezer 30 minutes.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove 1 piece of dough from refrigerator. Peel off top sheet of waxed paper and replace. Turn dough over and remove top sheet of waxed paper. With 3-inch holly-leaf-shaped cookie cutter, cut out as many cookies as possible, reserving trimmings. (If dough is too firm and cracks, let stand 5 minutes to soften slightly.) Place cookies, 1 inch apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Wrap and refrigerate trimmings. Using back of paring knife, draw lines on cookies to resemble veins. Sprinkle green sugar along lines and press some cinnamon candies at one end to resemble holly berries if you like. Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned at edges. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool. Repeat with remaining dough and trimmings. Store cookies in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 2 weeks, or in freezer up to 3 months.
FESTIVE HOLLY CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 01 hours 20 minutes
Calories per serving
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. , Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For frosting, in a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and meringue powder. In a large bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer, combine the shortening, milk, extracts and flavoring. Beat in sugar mixture (mixture will be stiff)., Using a serrated knife, level tops of cakes if necessary. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. In a small bowl, combine 1 cup frosting and 2 teaspoons water; spread over cake. Spread with raspberry filling. Top with remaining cake layer., In a small bowl, combine 2 cups frosting and 4 teaspoons water; frost cake top and sides., For shell border: In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup frosting and 1/2 teaspoon water. Using shell tip #21, pipe shell border along bottom edge of cake., For holly leaves: Combine 1/2 cup frosting, corn syrup and 1/2 teaspoon water; tint desired color of green with leaf and forest green food coloring. Gently press a 1-1/2-in. holly leaf cookie cutter into frosting. Using round tip #2 with green frosting and working one leaf at a time, outline leaf indentation. Using a dampened clean paintbrush, immediately brush leaf outlines toward center. Moisten brush as needed. Repeat., For pine branches: Combine 1/4 cup frosting and 1/4 teaspoon water; tint forest green. Using round tip #2, pipe branches., For holly berries and trim: Combine 1/2 cup frosting and 1/2 teaspoon water; tint red. Using round tip #2, pipe holly berries. Add a red scalloped line above shell border; pipe dots of green frosting if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
STAINED GLASS HOLLY CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Note: Find little tubes of decorating gel at the grocery store near the baking section. You'll be surprised how easy it is to draw these holly leaves.
GLUTEN FREE HOLLY LEAF BISCUITS RECIPE - ALL RECIPES UK
Calories 326.3 calories per serving
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and bananas. Pour into pastry shells. Spread with pie filling. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving, garnish with blueberries, mint and bananas if desired.
HOLLY LEAVES (NO BAKE) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HOLLY LEAVES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HOLLY LEAVES CUPCAKES RECIPE - (4.3/5)
HOLLY COOKIES - RECIPE GIRL
NO-BAKE HOLLY COOKIES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY RECIPES
PUFF PASTRY HOLLY LEAVES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
HOLLY LEAF GLAZE - DIERBERGS MARKETS
CHRISTMAS CORNFLAKE HOLLY LEAF COOKIES RECIPE
EASY CHRISTMAS HOLLY CUPCAKES RECIPE
EATING HOLLYLEAF REDBERRY - HANK SHAW'S WILD FOOD RECIPES
HOLLY LEAF TEMPLATE - 25 PRINTABLES - NORTHPOLECHRISTMAS.COM
HOLLIES: CAFFEIN & ANTIOXIDANTS - EAT THE WEEDS AND OTHER ...
HOLLY LEAVES CUPCAKES - PILLSBURY BAKING
HOLLY CUPCAKE DECORATIONS - SIMPLY SATED
PUFF PASTRY HOLLY LEAVES RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME