CLASSIC TAPIOCA PUDDING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
A classic tapioca pudding recipe that requires a lot of attention, but it's worth it. Tapioca pudding is a great comfort food and can be served warm or cold.
Provided by Nicole
Total Time 25 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Stir together the milk, tapioca, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 5 minutes longer.
- Whisk 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the beaten eggs, 2 tablespoons at a time until incorporated. Stir the egg mixture back into the tapioca until well mixed. Bring the pudding to a gentle simmer over medium-low heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer until the pudding becomes thick enough to evenly coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. The pudding may be served hot or poured into serving dishes and refrigerated several hours until cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 33 g, CholesterolContent 74.2 mg, FatContent 5.6 g, ProteinContent 7.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.8 g, SodiumContent 169.1 mg, SugarContent 22.3 g
OLD-FASHIONED TAPIOCA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
My family loves old-fashioned tapioca, but I don’t always have time to make it. So I came up with this simple recipe that lets us enjoy one of our favorites without all the hands-on time. —Ruth Peters, Bel Air, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 04 hours 40 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 04 hours 30 minutes
Yield 18 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a 4- to 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the milk, tapioca, sugar and salt. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours., In a large bowl, beat the eggs; stir in a small amount of hot tapioca mixture. Return all to the slow cooker, stirring to combine. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Stir in vanilla., Serve with strawberries and whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149 calories, FatContent 3g fat (2g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 55mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 86mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 5g protein.
More about "happy tapioca recipes"
NAAN (GLUTEN FREE) RECIPE |
These soft and garlicky naans are gluten free and perfect for a gluten free curry and naan dinner. With this recipe, Naan comes out SO good that you will not believe it is gluten free. I'm sharing my tried and tested recipe including tips for which gluten free flour to use and how to cook naan gluten free yet soft and delicious just like regular naan served in restaurants.
This Naan recipe is also yeast free. (Can be dairy free when served without butter).
Gluten Free Naan
With this Naan recipe, I'm so glad to have fulfilled one more recipe request. I received so many GF Naan requests in emails, on Facebook, Recipe Request page. It took me sometime to find the right kind of gluten free flour and ingredients that will make Gluten Free naan taste just like a regular naan.
I can 100% certify that this gluten free naan tastes just as good as my Yeasted Garlic Naan recipe. My husband loved my gluten free naans which is a big A+ for me. He even sneaked in kitchen and ate a second naan. lol!
Friends, this Gluten Free naan recipe is my family approved, have been tested multiple times. You will love the flavor!
Served with: Today, I served Naan with Chickpea Curry from blog (Vegan and Gluten Free).
What Do You Need To Make Gluten Free Naan?
For this Gluten Free Naan recipe, I used pre-mixed Organic All Purpose Gluten Free flour from the Arrowhead Mills. I wanted to make sure ingredients for Naan are easily available in-store and online. As per my research, you can find the listed flour in most of the grocery stores in US. Otherwise, flour is also available at Amazon.
Here are all of the ingredients to make Naan (Gluten Free):
- Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (Pre-Mixed Rice Flour)
- Baking Powder
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Black Pepper
The most important ingredient to make Naan gluten free is gluten free flour. I used many brands of flours to finally rest my case to use pre-mixed GF All Purpose Rice Flour. Pre-mixed means flour comes pre-mixed with binding ingredients. As you know, GF flour can be otherwise hard to bind/roll. By using pre-mix, I don't have worry about buying or measuring binding agent.
Due to good binding, Naans are easy to roll, do not break apart.
Follows the brand name of GF flours that I have used.
- Arrowhead Mill's Organic All Purpose Flour (Gluten Free). I used it for this naan recipe. It substitutes 1 to 1 for any all purpose flour. It is made with organic rice flour, brown rice flour, tapioca flour, millet flour, and xanthan gum.
- Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Baking Flour. You can also use this flour. It is made with garbanzo flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, Sorghum flour, and fava bean flour. I did not use this flour yet. But per my experience, it should work perfectly for naan. For best results, add 1 tsp Xanthan Gum per cup of flour.
Here is link to my Gluten Free pantry collection - GF flour on Amazon (affiliate links)
If you can't find suggested brand of gluten free flour. Use any other brand of gluten free flour with premixed binding agent. Most common binding agents are: Potato starch, Tapioca Flour, Xanthan Gum. For best results, add 1 tsp Xanthan Gum per cup of flour.
To make the dough, start by mixing the dry and wet ingredients separately. Then mix together and add water until dough comes together. Dough should be soft, should have no dry flour streaks but not at all sticky. I use 3-4 tablespoon water in total for 2 cups of flour.
Tip: Don't be tempted to add more water. Sticky dough can get tricky to roll.
Rolling Gluten Free Naan Bread
Due to moisture and oil in dough, this recipe's dough can be rolled without flour. But if you have never rolled a flat bread before then I recommend dusting the flour board with thin layer of gluten free flour before start rolling.
To make even size naans, transfer dough to work board. Form an even log, then cut the log into even size 8 pieces. This ensures even looking naan when rolled.
If using tortilla press to roll naans, then use two layers of parchment paper, dust with gluten free flour. Place a piece of naan dough. Press firmly to flatten it. If it does not flatten fully. Take it out on work board and roll slightly to flatten to 1/8 inch thickness.
Note: Don't worry about getting the perfect round or oval shape. Only even thickness is important as to ensure even cooking of the naan.
Cooking Gluten Free Naan
For best results, cook gluten free naan on dry skillet (flat bottom or a pancake cooking sheet). Once skillet is hot, place a rolled naan on the hot skillet one at a time. Wait until surface shows tiny bubbles (naan bread rises).
Flip and cook other side until brown spots appear all over on the naan bread.
Tip: For restaurant style, charred texture, after cooking second side briefly on the flat top, use tong to move naan to the direct stove flame. Cook until slightly charred.
Keep cooked naans warm by placing in tortilla warmer or wrapping in clean kitchen towel.
Naan Dough can be made up-to 2 days ahead. To store, cover dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate in a Ziploc bag (or in a container with lid.) Gluten Free Naan are best when cooked and served fresh.
I hope you will like this Gluten Free Naan as much as we did.
Can't wait to hear more of your recipe requests. If you want a recipe, send me a recipe request here.
Happy Cooking! -Savita x
Total Time 25 minutes
Category Bread, Side Dish
- Apply melted butter and garlic mixture immediately on the hot cooked naan. Keep stacking cooked naans in a plate lined with large clean kitchen towel. Fold towel onto naan stack to keep them warm. Or use a tortilla warmer. Serve hot and enjoy!
35+ BEST TAPIOCA FLOUR RECIPES (PALEO, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN ...
10 BEST MINUTE TAPIOCA PUDDING RECIPES | YUMMLY
JAMAICAN ME HAPPY WITH TAPIOCA | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY ...
TAPIOCA PEARLS RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BOBA ...
HOMEMADE TAPIOCA PUDDING - COPYKAT RECIPES
KAPPA (TAPIOCA) RECIPE BY MANISH KUSUMWAL - BERGGRUEN ...
TAPIOCA MASALA RECIPE - HAPPY'S COOK
TAPIOCA WITH LEMON - OH HAPPY DANE
HAPPY TAPIOCA DAY! CELEBRATE WITH COCONUT CHIA TAPIOCA PUDDING
MANGO & TAPIOCA PEARLS DESSERT (HAPPY ... - DELICIOUS RECIPES
INSTANT POT TAPIOCA PUDDING - CULINARY SHADES
HAPPY TAPIOCA PUDDING DAY! -
39 BEST TAPIOCA PUDDING RECIPES IDEAS | TAPIOCA PUDDING ...
CHOCOLATE TAPIOCA PEARLS PUDDING - BAKE MY DAY HAPPY ...
HAVE A HAPPY TAPIOCA (IDK IF THIS IS A REPOST) : SUDDENLYGAY
RECIPES - DINNER, APPETIZERS, SNACKS, DESSERTS & MORE FROM ...
VEGAN MARSHMALLOWS - HAPPY FOOD, HEALTHY LIFE
WHAT IS TAPIOCA FLOUR? | BOB'S RED MILL
SUPER GREEN COCONUT TAPIOCA SMOOTHIE (VEGAN ... - HEATHER ...