More about "grilling rotisserie recipes"
ROTISSERIE TURKEY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
To properly grill a turkey using a rotisserie the unit must be positioned so the heat source is never directly under the bird. The indirect heat will allow the interior portions of the meat to cook thoroughly before the exterior becomes overdone. Preheating must be done before rotisserie grilling your turkey. A 12 to 14 pound bird is the maximum weight that can be accommodated on a standard rotisserie unit. The turkey must be attached securely to the spit assembly making sure it does not slip on the spit as the rotisserie rotates. The turkey must be trussed properly so the wing and legs don't get caught as it turns. The turkey must be balanced on the rotisserie unit for if not it will not turn and burn out the motor. A turkey intended for rotisserie grilling can not be bread stuffed. The slower cooking time may not kill harmful bacteria as rapidly as with oven roasting. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer before removing the turkey from the heat source.
Total Time 3 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix together seasonings and rub inside and on the surface of cleaned and dried turkey. Can be done the night before to let the seasoning permeate the meat.
- Stuff turkey with the apple and onion and place securely on rotisserie skewer.
- Slide one pair of prongs onto the spit and then push the spit and prongs into the turkey. Slide the other set of prongs on the opposite side of the spit and insert the prongs into the turkey.
- Tighten the wing nuts to keep the turkey firmly in place on the spit.
- Now truss the turkey. Tie the ends of the legs together with string.
- Tie a string close around the turkey at the meaty part of the legs to keep them close to the body.
- Again tie a string around the wings and breast section of the bird to prevent them from flopping about as the rotisserie rotates.
- Preheat the grill by setting all of the burners on high for a few minutes.
- The spit is then attached to the brackets of the rotisserie assembly. One end of the spit slides into the motor unit.
- Start the motor and observe the rotation to ensure that the spit is balanced and there are no obstructions.
- Place the drip pan under the turkey a size larger then the turkey to prevent flare ups.
- Place liquids in drip pan.
- The lid of the grill should be lowered and remain closed to ensure even roasting. But do check quickly that it is rotating. Adjust if needed. About 10 to 15 minutes cooking time per pound, which means that a 14 pound turkey may require 2 to 4 hours on the rotisserie.
- DON`T rely on time estimates to determine proper doneness. Always use a meat thermometer to be sure it is done.
- The internal temperature of the turkey for the breast meat must reach an internal temperature of 170ºF and the thigh meat must reach an internal temperature of 180ºF.
- Carefully remove the spit from the grill with oven mitts. Remove the spit from the turkey. Cover the turkey with foil and allow it to rest for a few minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 78.6, FatContent 2.4, SaturatedFatContent 0.7, CholesterolContent 18.8, SodiumContent 409.5, CarbohydrateContent 5.6, FiberContent 1, SugarContent 2, ProteinContent 6.2
BBQ & GRILLING - ALLRECIPES
ROTISSERIE MEAT IDEAS | GRILLING INSPIRATION | WEBER GRILLS
WEBER KETTLE ROTISSERIE PRIME RIB ROAST - GRILLING 24X7
TOP 10 ROTISSERIE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
BARBECUEBIBLE.COM - BARBECUE AND GRILLING RECIPES FROM ...
30-MINUTE RECIPES WITH ROTISSERIE CHICKEN | ALLRECIPES
10 FAVORITE CHARCOAL GRILL RECIPES | GRILLING INSPIRATION ...
ROTISSERIE CHICKEN MARINADE TIPS AND TECHNIQUES
TOP 25 RECIPES TO MAKE WITH ROTISSERIE CHICKEN
ROTISSERIE CHICKEN RECIPES | SHORTCUT WEEKNIGHT DINNERS ...
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PICNIC AND ... - GRILLING 24X7
ROTISSERIE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
ENTHUSIASTIC HOME COOKING AND PRESSURE COOKING ...
ROTISSERIE DUCK, PEKING STYLE - DADCOOKSDINNER