SPLIT PEA SOUP WITH HAM - SKINNYTASTE
- Wash the peas and drain.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, saute onions and garlic in 2 teaspoons of oil over medium heat until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the peas, carrots, ham hock and chicken broth, then cover the pot and let it come to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once it boils, reduce heat and cook for about 2 hours, or until the peas are soft and thickened.
- Make sure to check the liquid and consistency. You may need to add hot water if it becomes too thick.
- Remove ham hock, discard the skin and boned and serve with ham.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 1/3 cup, Calories 394 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 54.5 g, ProteinContent 27 g, FatContent 8.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.5 g, CholesterolContent 33.5 mg, SodiumContent 606 mg, FiberContent 18 g, SugarContent 7.5 g
GRANDMA'S SPLIT PEA SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
After any family ham dinner, my grandmother, and then my mother, and finally me, always use the hambone to make this hearty, home-y soup.
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil slowly.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thick.
- Remove bone, skin, and any fat.
- Chop meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Season to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200.4, FatContent 0.7, SaturatedFatContent 0.1, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 19.5, CarbohydrateContent 35.9, FiberContent 14.8, SugarContent 5.3, ProteinContent 14.1
More about "green pea soup with ham bone recipes"
OLD-FASHIONED SPLIT PEA SOUP WITH HAM BONE - TASTE OF HOME
Total Time 02 hours 45 minutes
Category Dinner, Lunch
Calories 202 calories per serving
- Sort peas and rinse with cold water. Place peas in a Dutch oven; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 to 4 hours or until peas are softened. Drain and rinse peas, discarding liquid., Return peas to Dutch oven. Add 2-1/2 qts. water, ham bone, onion, salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally., Remove the ham bone; when cool enough to handle, remove meat from bone. Discard bone; dice meat and return to soup. Add carrot and celery. Simmer, uncovered, for 45-60 minutes or until soup reaches desired thickness and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf.
LESLIE'S HAM LENTIL SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
NANA'S EPIC NAVY BEAN HAM BONE SOUP (VIDEO) - A SPICY ...
100+ RECIPES FOR LEFTOVER HAM | ALLRECIPES
CATEGORIES - LIFESTYLE - ALL 4
HAM AND SPLIT PEA SOUP RECIPE - A GREAT SOUP RECIPE ...
PIONEER WOMAN SPLIT PEA SOUP WITH HAM RECIPES
SPLIT PEA AND HAM SOUP I RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SPLIT PEA SOUP WITH HAM - ONCE UPON A CHEF
PEA AND HAM SOUP - RECIPETIN EATS
SPLIT PEA SOUP WITH HAM - BEST RECIPE!
10 BEST BEAN AND HAM SOUP SEASONING RECIPES - YUMMLY