BIG SOFT GINGER COOKIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
These nicely spiced, big soft ginger cookies are perfect for folks who like the flavor of ginger but don't care for crunchy gingersnaps. —Barbara Gray, Boise, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. , Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° until puffy and lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111 calories, FatContent 5g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 19mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 98mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 1g protein.
BIG SOFT GINGER COOKIES | ALLRECIPES
These are just what they say: big, soft, gingerbread cookies. They stay soft, too. My oldest son's favorite.
Provided by AMY1028
Categories Desserts Cookies Spice Cookie Recipes
Total Time 50 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 21.1 g, CholesterolContent 7.8 mg, FatContent 6 g, FiberContent 0.4 g, ProteinContent 1.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.1 g, SodiumContent 147 mg, SugarContent 11.4 g
More about "ginger butter cookies recipes"
TRIPLE THE GINGER COOKIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Category Desserts, Cookies, Spice Cookie Recipes
Calories 197.8 calories per serving
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
BEST GINGERBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - EASY CHRISTMAS ...
Total Time 3 hours 15 minutes
Category nut-free, vegetarian, Christmas, baking, dessert
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and molasses until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, spices, baking soda, and salt until combined. With the mixer on low, gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, as well as fresh ginger, orange zest, and black pepper (if using), until dough just comes together. (Do not overmix!) Divide dough in half and create two discs. Wrap each in plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 2 to 3 hours. (Alternatively, divide dough in half and roll each piece of dough between two pieces of parchment to 1/4" thick. Chill until firm.) Preheat oven to 350° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Place one disc of dough on a lightly floured surface and roll until 1/4" thick. (Alternatively, peel off both sheets of parchment from dough, then replace one sheet of parchment back underneath dough.) Cut out gingerbread men with a 3" wide cutter and transfer to baking sheets. Bake until slightly puffed and set, 9 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of your cookie cutters. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining disc of dough. Decorate with icing and sprinkles as desired.
WORLD'S BEST BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 33 minutes
Calories 66.5 per serving
- Whatever you do, they will be delicious.
GINGER-TOUCHED OATMEAL PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE ...
Category Desserts, Cookies, Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes
Calories 508.6 calories per serving
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove from the baking sheet to cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container when cool.
BEST BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 63 calories per serving
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. , Divide dough into four 1-1/2 cup portions; mix and shape for each variety as follows. Yield: 4 portions (1-1/2 cups each)., To prepare Cutouts: Using one portion dough, divide into two balls; roll each ball directly on an ungreased baking sheet to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured cookie cutter, leaving at least 1 in. between cookies. Remove excess dough and reroll scraps if desired. Decorate with sprinkles, jimmies or colored sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 6-7 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen., To prepare Peppermint Balls: In a large bowl, combine one portion dough, peppermint candies and peppermint extract. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with red colored sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen., To prepare Spicy Fruit Balls: In a large bowl, combine one portion dough, currants, fruit and cinnamon. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute then roll in confectioners' sugar if desired. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen., To prepare Chocolate Slices: In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, mix melted chocolate into one portion cookie dough. Shape into a 1-1/2-in.-thick log; roll in nuts. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Unwrap and cut into 1/8-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Total Time 35 minutes
Calories 157 calories per serving
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture., Using a cookie press fitted with a heart disk, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until set but not brown, 6-8 minutes. Cool on wire racks., For frosting, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to reach a spreading consistency. If desired, tint with food coloring. Decorate cookies as desired.
EASY BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 59 minutes
Calories 318.7 per serving
- Prep time includes refrigeration time.
OLD-FASHIONED BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
Total Time 0 minutes
Category Shaped, Sugar, Butter, Butter, Sweet, Baking, Dairy, Cookie, Dessert, Cookie, Dessert, Cookie, Dessert
Calories 90 calories per serving
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to cooling rack.
WONDERFUL GINGERBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 2 hours 23 minutes
Calories 134.2 per serving
- I usually brush them with a powdered sugar glaze when I am in a hurry, but they look wonderful decorated with Royal icing.
GINGERBREAD GOOEY BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
ULTIMATE GINGER COOKIE RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
BUTTER COOKIES - COOKING CLASSY
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BUTTER COOKIES | THE BEST BUTTER ...
DANISH BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
20 COOKIE RECIPES WITHOUT BUTTER | MYRECIPES
COOKIE BUTTER RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
3-INGREDIENT BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE - THE COOKING FOODIE
BUTTER COOKIES (EXTRA BUTTERY AND CRUMBLY!) - RASA MALAYSIA