DATE NUT PINWHEEL COOKIES II RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Sift the cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and flour together in a second mixing bowl. Slowly stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture until evenly blended.
- Divide the dough evenly into three portions and place each on a square of waxed paper. Wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the filling by combine the dates, pecans, water and white sugar in a saucepan set over low heat. Cook and stir until the filling has a paste-like consistency. Cool slightly.
- Working with one portion at a time, roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to make a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Spread 1/3 of the filling evenly over the dough; roll up to make a log. Repeat the process with the remaining dough. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Using a sharp, serrated knife, cut the rolls into 1/4 inch slices. Place the slices on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until set and lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Cool on racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 19.1 g, CholesterolContent 17.4 mg, FatContent 4.7 g, FiberContent 0.7 g, ProteinContent 1.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.1 g, SodiumContent 47.8 mg, SugarContent 11.3 g
CANDIED FRUIT COOKIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
These no-fuss candied fruit cookies are both nutty and fruity, so they're always a hit at holiday time. —Florence Monson, Denver, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 25 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 7 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in fruits and nuts. , Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59 calories, FatContent 3g fat (1g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 5mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 35mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 1g protein.
OVER 40 KETO MONK FRUIT-SWEETENED RECIPES - REAL BALA…
NUT DESSERT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
COUPONS - BETTYCROCKER.COM
HEALTHY COOKIES FOR KIDS | LOW SUGAR EASY RECIPES
FRUIT BREAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BAR COOKIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MACADAMIA NUT COOKIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CRANBERRY-NUT OATMEAL COOKIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
FEEL GOOD FOOD RECIPES FEATURING OUR FRUIT PRODUCTS - …
HOME - FEASTING ON FRUIT - HEALTHY & EASY RECIPES
RECIPES - ANITA BEAN