GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH COCONUT-PECAN FROSTING RECIP…
Serve up a winner to the chocolate lovers in your family. This towering German chocolate cake needs three layers to show off its sweet chocolate cake and creamy coconut-pecan frosting. It's a tower of delicious homemade German Chocolate Cake that will make eyes go wide when you add it to the table. This dessert reaches new heights as the must-make cake for every celebration.
Provided by Pillsbury Kitchens
Total Time 2 hours 50 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 3 (9-inch) round cake pans with shortening; lightly flour. In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate with water over low heat, stirring frequently. Cool.
- In large bowl, beat 2 cups sugar and 1 cup butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 4 eggs, one at a time, beating and scraping well after each addition. Beat in chocolate mixture. On low speed, beat in remaining cake ingredients until well blended, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter evenly into pans.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans; place on wire racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook 1 cup sugar, the evaporated milk, 1/2 cup butter and 3 eggs over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to bubble. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in coconut, pecans and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Place 1 cake layer, top side down, on serving plate. Spread with 1/3 of frosting. Repeat with remaining cake layers and frosting, ending with frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 560 , CarbohydrateContent 63 g, CholesterolContent 145 mg, FatContent 6 , FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 8 g, SaturatedFatContent 14 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 340 mg, SugarContent 46 g, TransFatContent 1 g
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING - TASTE OF HOME
I once sent this rich chocolate cake to my kids' teachers, and it vanished, so I had to make another one. (Who swipes a whole cake?) —Megan Moelbert, Springville, NY
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 01 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of 2 greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment; grease parchment., In a large bowl, beat sugar, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla until well blended. In another large bowl, whisk flour, sifted cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until smooth., Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove parchment. Cool completely., For frosting, sift confectioners' sugar and cocoa together. In a large bowl, beat butter and vanilla until blended. Beat in confectioners' sugar mixture alternately with enough milk to reach desired consistency. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491 calories, FatContent 22g fat (8g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 31mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 399mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 74g carbohydrate (53g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 3g protein.
More about "frosting for chocolate cake recipes"
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH PEPPERMINT FROSTING RECIPE - …
Total Time 1 hours
- Top the cooled cake with an even layer of frosting, then use the tip of a toothpick to dot the frosting with a few small dots of gel food coloring, if using. Use a spoon or offset spatula to swirl the food coloring into the frosting to create candy cane-like stripes — just a few swipes will do the trick. If you mix it in too much, the frosting will turn pink. Top the cake with sprinkles and shaved chocolate, if desired. Store leftover cake loosely covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
CHOCOLATE FROSTING FOR DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE RECIPE | ALTON ...
Total Time 15 minutes
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 hours or refrigerate for up to a week. Bring to room temperature before using chilled frosting.
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH AMERICAN BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE ...
Total Time 1 hours 35 minutes
- Variation: The water/coffee combo in this recipe can be switched up, but remember, coffee is to chocolate like salt is to beef. Coffee brings out the flavor of chocolate without making it taste like coffee, just as salt brings out the flavor of meat without making it taste salty. The liquid you use can be all water, or it can be a full cup of coffee for more of a mocha-flavored cake. And if you're feeling really bold, go ahead and use a cup of a dark stout beer instead. Get creative and experiment a little — after all, it is a science project.
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING | JUST A PINCH
- Frost cake after it has cooled completely.
FROSTING FOR GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE FROSTING II RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH MOCHA FROSTING | RECIPES
TEXAS SHEET CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING - PA…
SWIRLED CARAMEL SHEET CAKE WITH FUDGY CHOCOLATE FROSTING ...
CAKE FROSTING RECIPES | MYRECIPES