MOM'S FRIED POTATOES & ONIONS | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
While we were cooking these potatoes, we thought there was too much oil. But, once the potatoes are softened they absorb all the flavor from the butter and oil and caramelize beautifully. This is an old-fashioned recipe that reminds us of cooking in the kitchen with Grandma. They're almost like hash browns but without shredding or dicing the potatoes. Once fried, the potatoes are a little crisp outside and soft inside. Onions add tons of flavor. A delicious side dish you could serve at breakfast or dinner.
Provided by Fran Murray @franmurray
Categories Other Breakfast
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Melt the butter with the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the potatoes and spread them evenly in the pan. Cook undisturbed until the potatoes are golden brown on one side, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn the potatoes to ensure even browning and add the onion to the skillet.
- Continue cooking, turning the potato and onion mixture every few minutes, until the potatoes are well browned and the onion is softened and caramelizing, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
CRISPY FRIED ONION RINGS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
We use this onion rings recipe as a burger topper to add an extra element to already fantastic burgers. These onion rings are also perfect for giving your salads a little crunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Total Time 25 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients. Separate onion slices into rings. Dip rings into batter. In a deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. In batches, fry onion rings until golden brown, 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 71 calories, FatContent 5g fat (0 saturated fat), CholesterolContent 16mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 153mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 1g protein.
V'S FRIED MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
FRIED POTATOES AND ONIONS/PEPPERS WITH SMOKED …
PAPAS RELLENAS (FRIED STUFFED POTATOES) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
FRIED ONION RINGS - THE BEST DEEP FRIED ONION RINGS
FRIED SKILLET POTATOES RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
FRIED EGGS INSIDE AN ONION RING - SIMPLE COMFORT FOOD
10 BEST PAN FRIED PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPES - YUMMLY
PAN FRIED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SPAM FRIED POTATOES - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
ONION SIDE DISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES