FRENCH ONION PIZZA AU GRATIN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
I love a hot bowl of French onion soup and am also a fan of pizza after busy workdays. This recipe combines classic onion soup ingredients with everyday pizza staples. —Bonnie Long, Lakewood, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 40 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 8 slices.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large skillet, saute onion with brown sugar in 1 tablespoon oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Stir in vinegar and garlic. Remove from the heat; add bourbon if desired. Continue cooking until liquid is nearly evaporated., In another skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining oil until tender; add roast beef and heat through., Place crust on a pizza pan; spread with French onion dip. Layer with mozzarella cheese, onion mixture, red pepper, mushroom mixture and Gruyere cheese., Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with rosemary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 calories, FatContent 15g fat (6g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 26mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 585mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 32g carbohydrate (8g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 15g protein.
FRENCH ONION SOUP GRATINEE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
About as good as it gets! This is the version of French Onion Soup that people seek when they go to restaurants. I have been making it for 30 years and it never fails to please. It makes an exquisite presentation, too!
Provided by Jersey Tomato
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Soup Recipes Vegetable Soup Recipes Onion Soup Recipes French Onion Soup Recipes
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir in salt, red onions and sweet onions. Cook 35 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are caramelized and almost syrupy.
- Mix chicken broth, beef broth, red wine and Worcestershire sauce into pot. Bundle the parsley, thyme, and bay leaf with twine and place in pot. Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove and discard the herbs. Reduce the heat to low, mix in vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Cover and keep over low heat to stay hot while you prepare the bread.
- Preheat oven broiler. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet and broil 3 minutes, turning once, until well toasted on both sides. Remove from heat; do not turn off broiler.
- Arrange 4 large oven safe bowls or crocks on a rimmed baking sheet. Fill each bowl 2/3 full with hot soup. Top each bowl with 1 slice toasted bread, 2 slices Gruyere cheese and 1/4 of the Asiago or mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle a little bit of paprika over the top of each one.
- Broil 5 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. As it softens, the cheese will cascade over the sides of the crock and form a beautifully melted crusty seal. Serve immediately!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 617.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 39.5 g, CholesterolContent 113.9 mg, FatContent 35.9 g, FiberContent 4.2 g, ProteinContent 29.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 20.8 g, SodiumContent 3335.7 mg, SugarContent 10.6 g
More about "french onion au gratin recipes"
ONIONS AU GRATIN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 30 minutes
Category Side Dish, Casseroles
Calories 228.3 calories per serving
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is golden brown and the sauce is bubbly.
ONIONS AU GRATIN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 40 minutes
Category Side Dishes
Calories 203 calories per serving
- Cut onions into 1/2-in. slices; saute in butter until tender. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. , In a small bowl, stir the flour, broth, cream, salt and pepper until smooth; pour over onions. Sprinkle with cheeses. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and mixture is bubbly.
FRENCH ONION POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
Total Time 0 minutes
Calories 210 per serving
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Sprinkle with additional cheese. To serve, cut into wedges if desired.
FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH CROUTONS AU GRATIN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 15 minutes
Calories 584.6 per serving
- Lightly toast baguette slices in a toaster; set aside. Preheat broiler. Place ovenproof soup bowls on baking sheet and ladle soup into bowls. Top each bowl with two baguette slices and sprinkle with Gruyère and blue cheeses. Broil for about 2 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly. Place bowls on serving plates with chopped chives. Be sure to warn your guests the bowl is ultra hot.
FRENCH ONION SOUP AU GRATIN RECIPE BY CLAIRE PEREZ - SOUTH ...
Total Time 1 hours 14 minutes59S
Calories 561 calories per serving
- Step 5: Sprinkle each serving with 2 ounces Gruyere and 2 ounces mozzarella cheese. Place under broiler until golden brown and bubbly, serve immediately.
FRENCH ONION SOUP AU GRATIN 7 | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Category Other Appetizers
- Soup can be frozen and served at a later date.
POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | ALEX GUARNASCHELLI | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 1 hours 40 minutes
- Place a 9-by-12-inch flameproof gratin dish on the stove over low heat. Brush the bottom and the sides with the melted butter. Spread the garlic around the bottom of the dish. Cook just long enough to toast the garlic in the butter, 3 to 4 minutes. Add a layer of the potato mixture. Combine the Gruyere and Parmesan in a bowl, then sprinkle a third of the cheese over the potatoes. Repeat the layering 2 more times, finishing with the remaining cheese. Pick the thyme leaves and sprinkle over the top, mixing with last layer of cheese. Place the gratin dish on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until bubbly and golden, 45 to 50 minutes (see Cook's Note).
FRENCH ONION POTATOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Category Side Dish, Potato, Scalloped Potato Recipes
Calories 452.2 calories per serving
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes and onions are tender, 40 to 50 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until nicely browned and bubbly, about 10 minutes more.
FRENCH ONION SOUP AU GRATIN RECIPE | NINJA® | NINJA® FOODI ...
TASTETORONTO | FRENCH ONION POTATO AU GRATIN
ONIONS AU GRATIN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH SIPPETS AND CHEESY AU GRATIN POTATOES
FRENCH ONION MOZZARELLA STUFFED MEATBALLS - CUPCAKES ...
CLASSIC FRENCH SPINACH AU GRATIN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TRADITIONAL FRENCH BROCCOLI GRATIN RECIPE
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | ONION & FENNEL SOUP GRATIN | RECIPES
FRENCH ONION SOUP AU GRATIN - F-FACTOR
POTATOES AU GRATIN | KITCHN