HEALTHY FISH RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
From lighter pies to makeover fish & chips, nothing's off the menu with our healthier fish dishes...
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 1
BEST FISH SOUP RECIPE IN THE WORLD | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Throwing butternut squash into this gorgeous mixed fish soup gives a lovely colour and sweetness
Total Time 1 hours 5 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Grating the butternut squash into the soup is a little trick I saw in Sicily. It gives it good colour and sweetness.
- Finely chop the onion, celery, fennel, garlic and chilli. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, celery, fennel, garlic and chilli and sweat gently until soft. Add the wine, tomatoes or passata, squash and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes. Season and gently break up the tomatoes.
- Roughly chop the salmon and halibut and add to the pan. Add the prawns or langoustine tails, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until just cooked.
- Taste the soup and season it again with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice, if necessary.
- Serve drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with the chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265 calories, FatContent 11 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 1.6 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 24.2 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 13.2 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 9.4 g sugar, SodiumContent 1.52 g salt, FiberContent 3.7 g fibre
More about "fish red recipes"
THAI RED CURRY RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
FISH TACOS WITH CABBAGE SLAW AND PICKLED RED ONIONS
Total Time 1 hours 50 minutes
- Top each tortilla with 1/2 fillet of fish, tomatillo salsa and slaw. Garnish with sliced avocado, Cotija, remaining cilantro and lime wedges. Serve!
JAMIE OLIVER FISH PIE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Total Time 2 hours 20 minutes
Calories 510 calories per serving
- Buy your lobster on the day you want to cook it. Ask your fishmonger to kill it for you, or if you’re happy doing it yourself, place the live lobster in the freezer for 30 minutes, so it’s docile.
- When ready to cook, carefully and swiftly place the lobster in a large pan of boiling water head first, pop the lid on and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove, cool, and carefully halve the lobster, then remove the meat to a bowl – save the claws to decorate, if you like, or, even better, crack, pull out the meat and add it to the bowl.
- Put all the shells back into the empty pan you cooked the lobster in and bash with a rolling pin, then pour in the milk and simmer on a low heat for 15 to 20 minutes to impart unbelievable flavour.
- Meanwhile, peel the onion and carrot, trim the fennel, wash the leek, finely chop it all and place in a large casserole pan on a medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil and half the butter. Cook for 15 minutes, or until soft and sticky, stirring regularly.
- Stir in the flour, followed by the mustard and Prosecco. Let the alcohol bubble and cook away, then strain and gradually stir in the milk and simmer until you have a nice, loose, silky consistency.
- Remove from the heat, grate in the Lancashire cheese, taste, season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper and leave to cool.
- Peel the potatoes, cutting up any larger ones so they’re all a similar size, then cook in a large pan of boiling salted water for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Drain in a colander and leave to steam dry, then return to the pan and mash well with the remaining butter and the grated Red Leicester. Season to perfection with sea salt and cayenne, loosening with a splash of milk, if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Remove any tough stalks from the greens, then finely chop and sprinkle into a baking dish (30cm x 35cm).
- Slice all the fish into bite-sized pieces and add to the dish, halve and add the prawns (deveining, if needed), then dot the lobster meat in and around. Pour over the sauce, top with the mash, then drizzle lightly with oil and poke in your lobster claws (if using).
- Bake for 1 hour, or until golden, bubbling and the fish is cooked through.
FISH RECIPES | MYRECIPES
FISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST QUICK FISH SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST OVEN BAKED FISH FILLET RECIPES | YUMMLY
FISH SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FISH RECIPES AND SEAFOOD RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
19 BAKED FISH RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY FISH TACOS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
THAI RED FISH CURRY RECIPE | CURRY RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
40 EASY FISH RECIPES READY IN 30 MINUTES | TASTE OF HOME
10 BEST KING FISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
FISH SOUP RECIPES - EASY RECIPE FOR FISH SOUP
10 BEST CREAMY SAUCE FOR FISH RECIPES | YUMMLY