VEGAN SCONES RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Enjoy our vegan version of scones, which uses soy milk and vegan vegetable spread to replace the dairy. Serve with vegan cream and your favourite jam
Provided by Liberty Mendez
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Total Time 40 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield Makes 6
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Rub in the vegetable spread until you have fine breadcrumbs. You can also gradually pulse it in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Gradually stir the milk into the flour mixture until you have a smooth dough.
- Lightly dust your surface with flour and gently roll out the scone dough until 2cm thick. Transfer onto a baking tray lined with parchment and put it in the fridge for 30 mins to firm up.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and using a 7cm cutter, cut out the scones. Put them, top side down, onto another baking sheet lined with paper, leaving a 2cm gap between each one. This gives the scones an even top. Brush with the extra milk, making sure that it doesn’t drip onto the sides (otherwise they will rise unevenly). Put the scones in the freezer for 15 mins. Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Remove from the freezer and bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Serve with jam and vegan cream, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345 calories, FatContent 11 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 3 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 55 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 11 grams sugar, FiberContent 3 grams fiber, ProteinContent 6 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.02 milligram of sodium
TRADITIONAL SCONES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk until blended; add to crumb mixture just until moistened. , Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead 10 times. Divide dough in half; pat each portion into a 5-in. circle. Cut each circle into six wedges. , Separate wedges and place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm, with jam if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144 calories, FatContent 6g fat (4g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 33mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 170mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 3g protein.
More about "english cream scones recipes"
AFTERNOON TEA RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
BUTTERMILK SCONES WITH WEST COUNTRY CLOTTED CREAM AND ...
ENGLISH STYLE SCONES - INCREDIBLY FLUFFY AND DELICIOUS ...
SIMPLE SCONES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
PLAIN SCONES | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
SCONE - WIKIPEDIA
ENGLISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SCONES - RECIPETIN EATS
14 BEST SCONE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
LEMONADE SCONES RECIPE - AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
PUMPKIN SCONES WITH SPICED PUMPKIN GLAZE - ONCE UPON A …
BRITISH FOOD: 20 BEST DISHES | CNN TRAVEL
LIGHT AND TENDER CREAM SCONES - ONCE UPON A CHEF
APPLE SCONES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES