EASY VEGAN CAKE RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
We've taken classic British cakes and made them vegan friendly. Our decadent chocolate cake, moist carrot cake and tangy lemon loaf are just as moist and moreish without the dairy
Provided by Janine Ratcliffe
Number Of Ingredients 1
EASY CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Need to make a celebration cake at short notice? This foolproof, showstopping caramel cake uses storecupboard ingredients and is quick to whip up
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert
Total Time 1 hours
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield Serves 12-14
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter two 20cm springform tins and line the bases with baking parchment.
- Beat the butter and both sugars in a bowl with an electric whisk for a few mins until lighter in colour and fluffy. Add the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, adding a spoonful of flour and beating in between each egg. Add the remaining flour and milk. Divide between the cake tins and bake for 25-30 mins until they’re golden, spring back when pressed, and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle. Cool in the tins for a few mins, then tip out and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for the icing, put the butter and icing sugar in a bowl and whisk for a few mins until light and airy. Whisk in the caramel briefly, adding 1 tbsp of boiling water to loosen, if needed. Set aside until the sponges are completely cool before assembling, or the icing will melt.
- Use half the icing to sandwich the cakes together, then spread the remainder over the top, smoothing it out with a knife or the back of a spoon. Leave in a cool place until ready to serve. Drizzle with the 3 tbsp extra sauce (warm briefly in the microwave if it’s a little stiff), allowing some to drip down the sides if you like, and scatter over the toffee, chocolate or caramel pieces to serve. Edible glitter, birthday candles or sparklers, optional.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 517 calories, FatContent 28 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 17 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 62 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 49 grams sugar, FiberContent 1 grams fiber, ProteinContent 5 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.8 milligram of sodium
More about "easy cake recipe ideas recipes"
EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 55 minutes
Category Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Calories 523 calories per serving
- Shake the tray gently to level the mixture then leave to set somewhere cool. Chop into shards.
EASY SHAKSHUKA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
EASY LOAF CAKE RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
EASY VANILLA CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
QUICK RECIPES & EASY RECIPE IDEAS - TABLESPOON.COM
QUICK AND EASY RECIPES | ALLRECIPES