BEEF BRISKET RECIPE | TYLER FLORENCE | FOOD NETWORK
For dinner tonight, serve Tyler Florence's Beef Brisket recipe from Food Network with crispy potato latkes.
Provided by Tyler Florence
Total Time 4 hours 35 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours 0 minutes
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- On a cutting board, mash the garlic and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt together with the flat-side of a knife into a paste. Add the rosemary and continue to mash until incorporated. Put the garlic-rosemary paste in a small bowl and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil; stir to combine.
- Season both sides of the brisket with a fair amount of kosher salt and ground black pepper. Place a large roasting pan or Dutch oven over medium-high flame and coat with the remaining olive oil. Put the brisket in the roasting pan and sear to form a nice brown crust on both sides. Lay the vegetables all around the brisket and pour the rosemary paste over the whole thing. Add the wine and tomatoes; toss in the parsley and bay leaves. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and transfer to the oven. Bake for about 3 to 4 hours, basting every 30 minutes with the pan juices, until the beef is fork tender.
- Remove the brisket to a cutting board and let it rest for 15 minutes. Scoop the vegetables out of the roasting pan and onto a platter, cover to keep warm. Pour out some of the excess fat, and put the roasting pan with the pan juices on the stove over medium-high heat. Boil and stir for 5 minutes until the sauce is reduced by 1/2. (If you want a thicker sauce, mix 1 tablespoon of flour with 2 tablespoons of wine or water and blend into the gravy).
- Slice the brisket across the grain (the muscle lines) at a slight diagonal. Serve with potato pancakes.
- Using a box grater or food processor, coarsely grate the potatoes and onions. Put the grated potatoes and onions together in cheesecloth or a tea towel and twist it to squeeze out the excess liquid. Put the dry potatoes and onions in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the egg whites and chives to bind the mixture together.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and coat with 1/4-inch of oil. For each pancake, take about 2 tablespoons of the potato mixture and drop into the hot oil; gently flatten with a spatula so they fry up thin and crispy. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden. Remove to paper towels to drain; season with salt while the potato pancakes are still hot. Continue frying, adding more oil as needed, until all of the mixture is used up. Serve immediately with apple sauce, if desired.
FROM SCRATCH CORNED BEEF BRISKET RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Plan ahead about a week ... you won't be sorry. This from-scratch corned beef is better than any commercial corned beef you could ever eat, and you'll wonder why you never tried doing it yourself before. I do not add salt and peter to my corned beef, so this is not going to have that familiar pink color, but you won't care -- and it's healthier this way.
Total Time 172 hours
Prep Time 168 hours
Cook Time 4 hours
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine all of the brine ingredients and bring to a boil, then cool.
- In a huge plastic roasting bag (do NOT use a garbage bag), place the beef brisket, the cooled brine, and the 4 garlic cloves.
- Make sure that all of the meat is covered by the brine (cutting the brisket in pieces if you need to), tie off tightly, place in a pot large enough to hold it all, and refrigerate for 6 to 7 days, turning occasionally.
- After the 6 to 7 days, remove brisket from the brine and discard the brine.
- Rinse the meat thoroughly, then place in a Dutch oven or other large pot and add enough water to come up 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up the side of the meat.
- Add the rest of the Simmering Liquid ingredients (peppercorns, mustard seeds, allspice, cloves and garlic), bring to a boil and skim off any foam.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook, covered, for at least 3 hours, but 4 hours doesn't hurt anything. Meat will be SO tender and delicious!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 985.1, FatContent 44.8, SaturatedFatContent 15.7, CholesterolContent 375, SodiumContent 19351.9, CarbohydrateContent 10.8, FiberContent 0.5, SugarContent 8.5, ProteinContent 125.8
More about "dutch oven beef brisket recipe recipes"
THE ULTIMATE BRAISED BRISKET RECIPE | TYLER FLORENCE ...
Total Time 3 hours 30 minutes
- Slice brisket across the grain and serve over parsnip puree with roasted red onions and garnish with parsley.
BASIC BEEF BRISKET IN A DUTCH OVEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
30 DELICIOUS DUTCH OVEN RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
BRAISED CORNED BEEF BRISKET RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SMOKED CORNED BEEF BRISKET RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
THE BEST RUMP ROAST RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE TENDER OVEN ...
10 BEST OVEN BAKED BEEF RIBS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST BEEF BRISKET OVEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
OVEN BAKED CHUCK ROAST RECIPE - BEST BEEF RECIPES
ONE-POT MEALS YOU CAN MAKE IN A DUTCH OVEN | MARTHA STEWART
DUTCH OVEN RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK
EASY OVEN-ROASTED BEEF BRISKET - FINDING ZEST
CLASSIC BEEF POT ROAST RECIPE | MYRECIPES
24 BEST DUTCH OVEN RECIPES THAT ARE EASY TO MAKE
58 DUTCH OVEN RECIPES FOR PASTAS, BRAISES, BREADS, AND ...
SLOW ROASTED BEEF BRISKET RECIPE (SUPER TENDER!) - CHEF S…
22 BEST DUTCH OVEN RECIPES - WHAT TO COOK IN A DUTCH OVEN
HEALTHY RECIPES FOR DUTCH OVEN | EATINGWELL