More about "demi baguette recipes"
DEMI BAGUETTES WITH YECORA ROJO WHEAT – BREADTOPIA
Demi baguettes are the perfect solution for the home baker who wants the airy, crispy deliciousness of baguettes without the traditional length.
Provided by Melissa Johnson
Total Time 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield 4 demi baguettes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- MIXING AND BULK FERMENTATION
- Mix all of the ingredients in a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment for 5-10 minutes, scraping down the sides if necessary. If you don't have a stand mixer, mix in a bowl by hand, and then transfer to a floured countertop and knead for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover and let it rest about 30 minutes.
- Lift the entire dough out of the bowl with both hands, stretch it until it is long (without tearing it) and roll it up. Then turn it 90' in your hands and repeat this stretching and rolling. Repeat until the dough is too tight to stretch and roll. Return the dough to the bowl, cover and let it rest again for about 30 minutes.
- Repeat the stretching and rolling followed by a 30 minute rest at least 1-3 more times. (I was only able to do 2 rounds for the bread photographed above, but I usually do 4 rounds total.)
- Let the dough continue to rise until it is puffy and aerated. (For this batch of baguettes, it was about 5 hours from the initial mixing in room temp of about 75F. A later batch was 7 hours at 69F.)
- PRESHAPE AND BENCH REST
- Scrape the dough out onto a lightly floured counter and divide it into four pieces about 280g each.
- Pre-shape into four rounds and cover with a large bowl or slightly damp towel.
- Let the dough rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare a linen couche or a couple of tea towels by rubbing flour into them and making four channels for the baguettes to lie in.
- Lightly flour your counter and flip a dough ball onto the flour. Shape your dough into four demi baguettes using the technique depicted in the video at the end of this recipe. (Stretch the dough into a small square. Fold down about an inch of the top of the square, pat the seam down, then fold the sides in about an inch. Repeat until you have a tube, then roll and pinch the two edges of the tube.)
- Transfer the demi baguettes to the channels in the couche and cover with a slightly damp tea towel.
- PROOFING AND OVEN PREP
- Let the dough proof at room temperature for 30-60 minutes, while you prep your oven.
- Baking Stone or Steel or Baking Sheet (not non-stick): Put the stone, steel or baking sheet in the oven middle shelf, and put an aluminum pan with a pinhole in it on the oven shelf under the stone or steel. This creates a drip system for steam. When making the pinhole, test over your sink that water drips through it about 1-2 drops a second.
- Challenger Bread Pan (baking vessel with a flat base, fits two demi-baguettes): Put the pan(s) in the oven. If you have two pans, you'll bake all four baguettes at once. If you have one pan, you'll do two bakes, back-to-back (more below). Steam is trapped inside the vessel and no drip pan (or spraying) is needed.
- Preheat your oven at 500F for 30 minutes.
- When proofing is complete, flip the baguettes onto parchment paper (two per parchment works well).
- Score the baguettes 2-3 times on the diagonal.
- Baking Stone or Steel or Baking Sheet (not non-stick):
- Using a peel or upside down baking sheet, slide the parchment sheets onto the stone and immediately pour a cup of boiling water onto the aluminum tray below. Quickly close the oven door to trap the steam.
- Bake at
- 500F for 15 minutes (rotate if needed)
- Turn off the oven, prop open the door with a wooden spoon, and leave the baguettes in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Challenger Bread Pan:
- Remove the hot pan base(s) from the oven.
- Lay doubled over aluminum foil rectangles onto the bases of your pans.
- Using a peel or upside down baking sheet, slide the parchment onto the aluminum foil.
- Cover the pans and put them in the oven.
- Immediately lower the oven temperature to 450F.
- Bake at
- 450F for 12 minutes lids on.
- Remove the lids and bake an additional 6 minutes. If you have only one pan, make sure you leave the lid in the oven after you remove it so it doesn't cool down for your second batch.
- Add a baking sheet under the bases and bake an additional 6-10 minutes, depending on the crust color you prefer.
FRENCH DEMI BAGUETTES - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
Cover baguettes with a greased sheet of plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) until puffed and nearly doubled in size, 8 to 16 minutes. Remove plastic wrap; using a lame or a very sharp paring knife, score bread with 6 long diagonal cuts. Place baguette pan on top of tray in preheated oven. Press Start.
DEMI BAGUETTES | KAREN'S KITCHEN STORIES
04/08/2015 · On a lightly floured counter, roll each piece of dough into a 4 inch cylinder. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rest for another 30 minutes. Dust a couche with a mixture of wheat and rice flour. Take one of the pieces of dough and press it gently into a 6 inch by 4 inch rectangle.
KAMUT DEMI-BAGUETTES | THE PERFECT LOAF
13/09/2017 · Continue placing shaped baguette one after the other, seam side up, on the couche while folding it until all pieces have been set (see the above photo). At the ends, you can then drape the couche up and over the dough to keep everything in shape and covered. Freshly Milled Kamut Demi-Baguette Formula
HOW TO MAKE A BOUCHON BAKERY DEMI BAGUETTE – THE COMPLEX ...
03/05/2020 · Release the dough from the bowl onto a lightly floured work surface. Pat into a rectangle to get out any bubbles, only add flour to stop the dough from sticking to the surface. Divide the dough into 3 pieces, roughly 190 grams each. The dough might not look like a lot, but it all works out in the end. Demi baguettes are smaller baguettes.
CLASSIC BAGUETTES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
To make demi baguettes: Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Shape each piece as you would for a classic baguette, rolling them into 7" to 8" long loaves. We recommend our unbleached all-purpose flour for this recipe, as its protein level and other attributes closely mimic the flour used by French bread bakers.
MINI BAGUETTES - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
16/01/2008 · Put the baguettes in the oven, spray again into the bottom and sides of the oven, and quickly close the door to trap the steam. Reduce the oven temperature to 475°F. Bake the baguettes for 6 minutes and then quickly turn them over on their baking sheets. Swap the sheets’ positions and bake for another 5 minutes.
15 RECIPES THAT START WITH A BAGUETTE | TASTE OF HOME
BAGUETTES 4 WAYS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
29/02/2016 · 1) Classic Baguettes. Divide the dough into three equal pieces. Shape each piece into a rough, slightly flattened oval, cover with greased plastic wrap, and let rest for 15 minutes. Working with one piece of dough at a time, fold the dough in half lengthwise, and seal the edges with the heel of your hand.
HOW TO MAKE A BOUCHON BAKERY DEMI BAGUETTE – THE COMPLEX ...
03/05/2020 · Have the linen or sil pat on a baking sheet, lightly flour. Release the dough from the bowl onto a lightly floured work surface. Pat into a rectangle to get out any bubbles, only add flour to stop the dough from sticking to the surface. Divide the dough into 3 pieces, roughly 190 grams each.
SOURDOUGH DEMI BAGUETTES - THE SPIFFY COOKIE
13/05/2015 · Directions: In a large bowl, combine the water and yeast and let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes*. Add 1 cup of starter and mix until smooth. Stir in the salt, sugar, and an additional 1 cup of flour. Stir until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl but is still slightly sticky, adding only enough additional flour as necessary.
DEMI BAGUETTE ARCHIVES - AMAZING SANDWICHES | SANDWICH RECIPES
02/02/2010 · Corned Beef Coleslaw With Avocado on Demi Baguette Sandwich February 2, 2010 Andy Leave a comment Well, well, it seems we are to be featured in the upcoming Costco Connection magazine (March), with one of our recipes.
BOUCHON BAKERY BOOK PROJECT: DEMI BAGUETTES AND DEMI EPIS
06/04/2014 · Demi Baguettes and Demi Epis. After last week's introduction to breadmaking, it's time to make everyone's favorite: the baguette. However, it is impossible to make a full-length baguette in a home oven, so we're making demi-baguettes instead. These little half-sized baguettes are still just as satisfying as their full-sized counterparts.
SOURDOUGH BAGUETTES | THE PERFECT LOAF
30/07/2018 · Sourdough Baguettes. Similar to my Kamut demi-baguette recipe, I utilized a short warm, and long cold, two-step bulk fermentation for this dough.When I tested cold proofing these baguettes in shape the results always yielded a slightly thicker crust compared to a warm final proof.
CRUSTY FRENCH BAGUETTE RECIPE: PERFECT RESULTS & SO EASY ...
29/01/2019 · HOW TO MAKE A CRUSTY FRENCH BAGUETTE. This recipe has just 4 ingredients: water, yeast, flour, and salt. But the results are magical. And it’s all because of the technique! Start by dissolving the yeast in warm water. While that is doing its magic, combine the flour and salt. Create a little well in the center, and add in the yeast.
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH BAGUETTES - TASTE OF ARTISAN
15/05/2019 · This baguette recipe uses baker’s yeast and is influenced by the method used by Anis Bouabsa, winner of the 2008 Best Baguette in Paris contest. In an interview, Anis mentioned using baguette dough that has 75% hydration (meaning the ratio of water to flour), very little yeast, hardly kneaded, folded three times in one hour then placed in the ...
HOW TO MAKE TRADITIONAL FRENCH BAGUETTES AT HOME - YOUTUBE
02/03/2019 · These sourdough baguettes are some of the best that you can bake at home. They take a lot of patience, but once you hear that crunch, and taste they're incre...
BAGUETTES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7 in a non-fan oven. Just before baking, slash the top of each baguette three times. Bake the baguettes for 30 minutes. Then drop the temperature to 200C/400G/Gas ...