CRISPY PORK BELLY RECIPE (SIU YUK) | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
Crispy pork belly is one of my favorite Cantonese dishes for the years in Guangdong province.
Provided by Elaine
Categories Main Course
Total Time 780 minutes
Prep Time 720 minutes
Cook Time 60 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the pork belly in a large pot with clean water, add cooking wine, scallion, ginger and sichuan peppercorn. Continue cook for 3 minutes after boiling.
- Transfer the pork out and pat dry the water. Then pork as many holes on the rind. Back and forth and repeat several times. This is the most important step.
- After the hard pork process, apply a small pinch of salt on the rind.
- Cut two shallow lines on the pork (only the lean part, not deep to touch the fat) and then sprinkle the dry rub evenly.
- Wrap the pork belly with foil wrappers and place in fridge overnight.Uncovered please, we need the rind to be dry before roasting.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C. Brush a thin layer of vinegar and spread salt evenly to form a protecting layer. Roast for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove the salt and place the pork belly on the middle rack. Remember to use a tray to catch the dropping oils. Use upper fire only at the temperature of 220 degree C, and roast until the rind is golden brown and well crackled.
- Let the pork belly stay in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until slightly cooled down. Transfer out and cut into small bites.
- Cutting tips: when cutting the pork belly, place the skin side down. Cut the meat part firstly and then press the knife to break the crispy rinds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 5268 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 15 g, ProteinContent 96 g, FatContent 531 g, SaturatedFatContent 193 g, CholesterolContent 720 mg, SodiumContent 3193 mg, FiberContent 3 g, SugarContent 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CRISPY PORK BELLY | ALLRECIPES
Thanks to social media, food bloggers, and celebrity chefs with too much time on their hands, pork belly was/is all the rage. It's a common sight on menus across the land, and you can't channel-surf past a food show without seeing it. It also helps that people are no longer terrified to eat a little fat.
Provided by Chef John
Total Time 14 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 6 hours 5 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Season pork belly all over with smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Wrap pork in parchment paper; wrap a second time in aluminum foil, and a third time in another sheet of aluminum foil. Place pork packet in a baking dish.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender for 6 hours. Let cool in wrappings to room temperature; place cooled packet in refrigerator and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap chilled meat. Save any rendered fat that falls away when unwrapping pork.
- Cut meat into 6 equal-size portions. Cut 1/8-inch by 1/8-inch slashes in the fat-side of the pork. Season with salt.
- Heat 2 tablespoons reserved pork fat in a skillet over medium heat. Place pork belly, fat side down, in hot fat; cook until well-browned on all sides and heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer pork belly to a plate, drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 87.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 0.3 g, CholesterolContent 13.6 mg, FatContent 7.4 g, ProteinContent 4.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 2 g, SodiumContent 351.7 mg
More about "crispy skin pork belly recipe recipes"
CRISPY ROAST PORK BELLY RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Category Dinner, Main course, Supper
Calories 531 calories per serving
- Bring the pork out of the fridge 30 mins before you want to cook it and heat oven to 240C/220C fan/ gas 9. Nestle the fennel and onion underneath the meat. Roast for 40 mins, turning the roasting tin halfway so that it cooks evenly. Turn the oven down to 160C/140C fan/ gas 3, add the apple, apple juice and sherry to the tin and cook for 1 hr. Turn the oven up to 220C/200C fan/ gas 7 and roast for a further 10-15 mins until the crackling is crisp. Remove from the oven and rest for at least 15 mins, keeping the juices and apple, onion and fennel warm in a low oven. Flip the pork over and use a very sharp knife to cut it up into chunks, in line with the rib bones. Spoon over the juices. Use any leftovers in Rosie's pork & black bean tacos or spicy Singapore noodles.
CRISPY SLOW-ROASTED PORK BELLY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CRISPY ROASTED PORK BELLY RECIPE | ROAST RECIPES | SBS FOOD
NATURAL KETO RECIPES - HOW TO COOK PORK BELLY (CRISPY PORK BELLY RECIPE) | WHOLESOME YUM
CHINESE CRISPY PORK BELLY | RECIPETIN EATS
SLOW-ROASTED CRISPY PORK BELLY | RECIPETIN EATS
INSTANT POT CRISPY PORK BELLY (SIU YUK) - TESTED BY AMY + JACKY - INSTANT POT RECIPES & PRESSURE COOKER RECIPES BY AMY + JACKY
CRISPY GOLDEN PORK BELLY - KIRBIE'S CRAVINGS
CRISPY PORK BELLY RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK - EASY RECIPES, HEALTHY EATING IDEAS AND CHEF RECIPE VIDEOS | FOOD NETWORK
CRISPY PORK BELLY RECIPE - I'D RATHER BE A CHEF
ROAST PORK BELLY WITH CRISPY CRACKLING RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
CRISPY ROAST PORK BELLY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SALT AND PEPPER PORK BELLY WITH PERFECT CRISPY CRACKLING - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CRISPY ROAST PORK BELLY IN AIR FRYER - SCRUFF & STEPH
PAN FRIED CRISPY PORK BELLY - ROTI N RICE
HONEY GLAZED CRISPY PORK BELLY | KEVIN IS COOKING
21 EASY PORK BELLY RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
10 BEST PORK BELLY RECIPES | YUMMLY