HAM, POTATO, AND CHEESE SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This is especially good on a cold winter night along with hot rolls.
Provided by Donna
Categories Potato Soup
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place potatoes, onion, and cubed ham in large stockpot. Cover with water. Cook until potatoes are almost tender.
- Remove about one cup of the cooked potatoes and mash in a bowl with the back of a fork. Add some of the liquid from the pan (about a tablespoon at a time) along with the flour till you have a thick paste. Add this back to the pot.
- Place the cheese (either whole of cubed) in the pot. Let the soup simmer until the cheese melts and is thick. Add ground black pepper to taste and stir in the milk.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 39.6 g, CholesterolContent 41.8 mg, FatContent 9.4 g, FiberContent 3.9 g, ProteinContent 19.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.2 g, SodiumContent 1293.7 mg, SugarContent 7.6 g
BEST HAM AND POTATO SOUP — HOW TO MAKE CREAMY HAM AN…
Loaded with chunks of tender potatoes, salty-sweet ham, and tender vegetables, this creamy soup is the comfort food you know and love, with a little something extra.
Provided by Laura Rege
Total Time 0S
Prep Time 0S
Cook Time 0S
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant and light golden, about 2 minutes. Add the flour, and cook until lightly toasted, about 1 minute more. Turn heat to high and pour wine into pot. Bring to a boil, and cook until liquid is evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Pour broth into the pot and add potatoes, ham, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir half and half into the pot and season to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired. Remove bay leaf and discard. Serve warm topped with parsley and more pepper.
More about "creamy cheesy ham and potato soup recipes"
CREAMY HAM AND POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.C…
Total Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Calories 430 per serving
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until bubbly and hot. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
40 COZY, CREAMY SOUP RECIPES | MYRECIPES
CHEESY POTATO SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SLOW COOKER CREAMY SAUSAGE AND POTATO SOUP RECIPE | THE ...
CREAMY STEAK AND POTATO SOUP - DELICIOUS LITTLE BITES
POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CREAMY SLOW COOKER POTATO SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
DELICIOUS HAM AND POTATO SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
EASY CHEESY LOADED POTATO SOUP - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
EASY SLOW COOKER CHEESY POTATO SOUP WITH HAM - ALLRECI…
CREAMY POTATO, CARROT, AND LEEK SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CREAMY POTATO SOUP - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
CREAMY POTATO BACON SOUP - SPEND WITH PENNIES