CRAB CAKE RECIPE | BALTIMORE STYLE CRAB CAKES RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
This is the best crab cake recipe you will ever find. If you don’t overmix, and don’t pack your mounds too tightly, you will experience pure, unadulterated crab cake heaven. Seriously, they are that good. Follow the steps to the letter and you will be making these cakes every opportunity you have. For years I searched for a great crab cake recipe. I wanted one that didn’t have a lot of filler, had no minced red pepper, no parsley—none of the usual crap that chefs typically ruin a good crab cake with. There is, in fact, a right and a wrong way to cook some foods, and putting a lot of junk in a crab cake is one of the biggest transgressions I find in American cookery. Anyway, one night about 20 years ago, my best friend’s wife (who is from Baltimore) shared her mother’s secret "country club" recipe for crab cakes. This is it, verbatim. I make these in double batches and put the leftovers in the fridge. If you haven’t eaten a cold crab cake on toast with sliced tomato and Russian dressing, then you are really missing out.I also make these as a master batch: Instead of just eight, I make 24 to 26 mini donut-hole-size crab cakes for parties.Team these with homemade slaw, a warm potato salad and some fruit salad, and watch your family go to it like a swarm of locusts. Guaranteed. —Andrew ZimmernIn 2018, Food & Wine named this recipe one of our 40 best. Related: Guide to more appetizers.
Provided by Andrew Zimmern
Total Time 1 hours 25 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, lightly toss the crabmeat with the cracker crumbs. Gently fold in the mayonnaise mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Scoop the crab mixture into eight 1/3-cup mounds; lightly pack into 8 patties, about 1 1/2 inches thick. In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the crab cakes and cook over moderately high heat until deeply golden and heated through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the crab cakes to plates and serve with lemon wedges.
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES II RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Mix together crabmeat, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Beat together egg, mayonnaise, hot sauce and mustard. Combine with other ingredients and mix well. Form into patties and place on a lightly greased broiler pan or baking sheet.
- Broil for 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211 calories, CarbohydrateContent 2.6 g, CholesterolContent 184.8 mg, FatContent 13 g, FiberContent 0.2 g, ProteinContent 20.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.5 g, SodiumContent 372.6 mg, SugarContent 0.3 g
More about "crab cake meals recipes"
CRAB RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
17 IMITATION CRAB RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
PHILLIPS SEAFOOD RECIPES | CRAB RECIPES
CRAB DIP RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
CLASSIC SPONGE CAKE | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
RECIPES - DELIA ONLINE
CRAB CAKES RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
HEALTHY RECIPES: THOUSANDS OF PERFECT MEALS FROM HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE