CREAMY CORN SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This soup is really easy to make, lower in fat than most cream soups, and delicious—especially if you are fighting off a cold! Try adding a chopped green chile pepper sautéed in the initial onion mixture or some small slices of chicken stirred in.
Provided by Abby
Total Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, parsley and butter or margarine. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Add the flour, stirring well, to make a pasty mixture. Whisk in the milk and the broth. Add the corn and the cream cheese and allow to heat through. Add the garlic salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste. Stir together and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 46.4 g, CholesterolContent 22.2 mg, FatContent 10.9 g, FiberContent 3.9 g, ProteinContent 12.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.8 g, SodiumContent 1275.1 mg, SugarContent 13.2 g
CORN SOUP RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
The base for this soup, corn stock, can be frozen and used in all kinds of vegetable soups. It is also a good poaching stock for fish. You can play around with different flavors: Add savory vegetables such as celery and onions, and herbs such as parsley and cilantro. Recipe copyright 2012 by Eugenia Bone.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Soup Recipes
Total Time 1 hours 40 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place cobs in a large soup pot with just enough water to cover (about 2 quarts). Add bay leaf, halved onion, and thyme, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl (you should have 1 quart). Stock can be refrigerated 3 days or frozen up to 3 months.
- Heat oil in a deep pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic, and saute until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add corn kernels, and saute 2 minutes.
- Add stock, and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Add half-and-half, and return to a simmer. Puree half the liquid in a blender until partially or completely smooth. (To prevent spattering, remove cap from hole in lid, and cover lid with a dish towel). Return to pot, heat, and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Divide among 4 bowls, and garnish with scallion and more pepper.
More about "corn soup recipes"
EASY CHINESE CORN SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 15 minutes
Category Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes, Soup Recipes, Vegetable Soup Recipes
Calories 120.8 calories per serving
- In a saucepan, combine the cream style corn and chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. In a small bowl or cup, mix together the cornstarch and water; pour into the boiling corn soup, and continue cooking for about 2 minutes, or until thickened. Gradually add the beaten egg while stirring the soup. Remove from heat and serve.
CREAM OF CORN SOUP | RICARDO
Total Time 35 minutes
Calories 240 calories per serving
- Cream of Corn Soup
SWEET SUMMER CORN SOUP RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
- Turn off the heat for the soup and stir in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish each one with some of the red bell pepper. Serve immediately.
CORN CHOWDER RECIPE + VIDEO
Total Time 40 minutes
Category Main Course
Calories 550 kcal per serving
- Whisk in grated cheese and sour cream, stir until cheese has melted.
10 BEST SIMPLE CORN SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
CORN SOUP RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
CORN SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CORN SOUP RECIPES
CORN CHOWDER RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
CORN SOUP WITH FRESH HERBS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SWEET CORN SOUP RECIPE | SWEET CORN VEG SOUP | CHINESE SWEET CORN SOUP
CORN SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
10 BEST CANNED CORN SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
SWEET CORN SOUP RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
BEST CREAMY CORN SOUP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CORN SOUP
SWEET CORN SOUP RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE SWEET CORN SOUP
CREAMY SWEETCORN SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
WAWA CORN CHOWDER SOUP - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES