LEMONY SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH ORZO AND ARUGULA - FOOD NETW…
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water.
- For the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the shrimp, salt and pepper. Cook until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the skillet. Increase the heat to high. Add the wine and arugula. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up the brown bits that cling to the bottom of the pan. Cook for 1 minute until most of the liquid has evaporated and the arugula has wilted. Add the cooked pasta, cooked shrimp and vinaigrette to the skillet. Toss until all the ingredients are coated, adding the reserve pasta water, if needed, to loosen the pasta.
- Transfer to a large bowl and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525, FatContent 19 grams, SaturatedFatContent 3 grams, CholesterolContent 122 milligrams, SodiumContent 285 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 59 grams, FiberContent 3 grams, ProteinContent 26 grams, SugarContent 4 grams
LEMON PARMESAN CHICKEN WITH ARUGULA SALAD TOPPING RECIPE ...
- Combine the flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper on a dinner plate. On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. On a third plate, combine the bread crumbs, the 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, the lemon zest and thyme, and set aside.
- Pound the chicken breasts between two sheets of parchment paper until they are 1/4 inch thick. You can use either a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the prepared flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Place the arugula in a large bowl. In a 1-cup glass measure, whisk together the 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour enough dressing on the arugula to moisten. Toss well.
- Pile some arugula on top of each hot chicken breast. With a very sharp knife or a vegetable peeler, shave the chunk of Parmesan into large shards and arrange them on top of the arugula.
More about "cook with arugula recipes"
ARUGULA PESTO RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 10 minutes
Calories 851 per serving
- Turn on a food processor fitted with the steel blade, and drop in the garlic cloves. When they are chopped and adhering to the sides, stop the machine, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the walnuts. Turn on the machine, and process until they are finely ground. Scrape down the bowl again, and add the arugula and the salt. Pulse until the arugula is finely chopped, then turn on the machine and run while you slowly drizzle in the olive oil. When the mixture is smooth, stop the machine, scrape down the sides and process for another 30 seconds or so. Scrape out into the bowl of a mortar and pestle. Grind the mixture with the pestle for a smoother texture. Work in the cheese and combine well.
ROASTED POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NET…
Total Time 2 hours 10 minutes
- Reduce the heat to low, add the shallots, and cook for 30 to 40 minutes, until they are a rich golden brown. The temperature should stay below 260 degrees F. Stir the shallots occasionally to make sure they brown evenly. Remove them from the oil with a slotted spoon, drain well, and spread out to cool on paper towels. Once they have dried and crisped, they can be stored at room temperature, covered, for several days.
SKILLET MAC & CHEESE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories 600 calories per serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain., Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted., Add macaroni; cook and stir until heated through. Top as desired.
EASY ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
30 RECIPES TO USE UP FOOD SCRAPS - THE SPRUCE EATS
WHAT IS ARUGULA? - THE SPRUCE EATS
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | ARUGULA WITH PARMESAN | RECIPES
PROSCIUTTO RECIPES - HOW TO COOK PROSCIUTTO | PARMACROWN.…
RECIPES THAT WORK | RECIPES FEATURED ON TV | COOK'S COUNTRY
THE BEST RECIPES TO COOK IN A CAST IRON SKILLET | ALLRECIPES
RECIPE OF THE DAY: WHAT TO COOK TODAY | RECIPES, DINNERS ...
WHAT IS FENNEL? (AND HOW TO COOK IT) - RECIPES BY LOVE AND ...