CARIBBEAN COCONUT RUM CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
My take on those boozy treats that weigh down suitcases returning from Jamaica, this moist cake packs a rum punch. You may wish to card your guests before serving. The longer the rum soaks in, the better—overnight is best. —Jenn Hall, Collingswood, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 01 hours 25 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 60 minutes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. In a small bowl, combine rum and milk. In a large bowl, whisk flour, pudding mix, cornstarch, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with rum mixture, beating well after each addition., Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan briefly to prevent sticking; replace in pan. Cool on wire rack., Meanwhile, for syrup, heat butter, water, sugar and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add rum and extract., Using a small skewer, poke holes in cake. Slowly pour syrup over cake until it's all absorbed. Cover; let stand overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461 calories, FatContent 18g fat (10g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 104mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 823mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 58g carbohydrate (41g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 5g protein.
COCONUT RUM CAKE | ALLRECIPES
This buttery, coconut-flavored rum cake puts a tasty twist on a rum cake. For better results, let sit overnight to let the flavors meld.
Provided by Yoly
Categories Desserts Cakes Cake Mix Cake Recipes Coconut Cake
Total Time 1 hours 35 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Yield 1 fluted tube cake
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt®) with cooking spray.
- Stir pecans and coconut together. Spread evenly in the prepared Bundt® pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, rum, coconut milk, coconut oil, and coconut extract in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes, or until well incorporated, about 3 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Set on a wire rack until completely cooled, about 30 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges of pan to loosen cake. Invert carefully onto a serving plate.
- While cake is cooling make glaze. Combine butter, rum, sugar, brown sugar and water in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Using a skewer, poke holes throughout cake. Carefully spoon glaze over cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 45.1 g, CholesterolContent 70.8 mg, FatContent 20.3 g, FiberContent 0.8 g, ProteinContent 3.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 12.5 g, SodiumContent 309.1 mg, SugarContent 31 g
More about "coconut rum cake recipes"
COCONUT CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
RUM CAKE WITH STICKY MAPLE GLAZE AND COCONUT RECIPE | BON ...
- Cut cake into slices and serve topped with whipped coconut cream with lime and/or ground cherries if desired.
COCONUT CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
COCONUT RUM CAKE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE | SUGAR AND SOUL
24 COCONUT CAKE RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
COCONUT RUM CAKE - QUICHE MY GRITS
COCONUT RUM CAKE FOR CHRISTMAS DESSERT | FOX NEWS
10 BEST RUM CAKE WITH CAKE MIX RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY RUM CAKE RECIPE - AVERIE COOKS
MUST-HAVE MINI CAKE RECIPES | MYRECIPES
10 BEST DUNCAN HINES CAKE MIX POUND CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST CANNED COCONUT CREAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
RUM DESSERT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES