RECIPES - CINCINNATI DOG - APPLEGATE
Cincinnati Dog: Cincinnati Chili, Cheddar Cheese and Onions Cincinnati-style chili—mildly spiced and very meaty—makes an ideal hot dog topper. Keep some in the freezer and pull it out any time you need a fix.
Total Time 60 minutes
Yield Makes 8
Number Of Ingredients 28
- Hot Dogs Grill hot dogs to desired doneness. Arrange hot dogs in toasted buns and top each with chili, grated cheese, and onions. Cincinnati Chili Traditionally served over spaghetti, Cincinnati-style chili gets its deep flavor from cocoa powder, cinnamon, cloves, and a long, gentle simmer. Like most stewed foods, this chili tastes better the day after you make it, so plan ahead (it also makes it easier to remove and discard any fat that rises to the top). Makes about 8 cups Combine the ground beef and water in a heavy 4-quart pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until the ground beef has broken up into very small, even pieces. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to simmer, uncovered, over low heat, until chili is thickened and deeply flavored, about 3 hours. Stir the chili from time to time, to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Add a drop of water if chili becomes too thick. Remove from heat, discard bay leaf, and let chili cool completely. Refrigerate the chili, covered, overnight. Before reheating and serving, remove the layer of fat from the top and discard. Reheat the chili over medium-low heat until hot.
CINCINNATI CHILI DOGS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
My in-laws are from Ohio, so we have Cincinnati chili at many of our family gatherings. I spiced up this family classic with cinnamon and cocoa powder and then ladled it over hot dogs. It's perfect for game day, tailgates and potlucks. —Jennifer Gilbert, Brighton, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 04 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 04 hours 00 minutes
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir ground beef until no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain., In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine beef with 1 chopped onion; add the next 8 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low about 2 hours; add hot dogs. Continue cooking, covered, on low until heated through, about 2 hours longer., Serve on buns; top with shredded cheese and remaining chopped onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419 calories, FatContent 24g fat (9g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 67mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 1135mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, FiberContent 3g fiber), ProteinContent 23g protein.
More about "cincinnati style hot dog recipes"
CINCINNATI CHILI HOT DOG SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Calories 634.9 per serving
- Serve over hot dogs with onions and cheddar cheese.
CINCINNATI CHILI DOGS RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Total Time 1 hours
Category Ground Beef Recipes
- Meanwhile, bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add franks, reduce heat to low, and simmer until plump and hot, about 5 minutes. Drain franks and place in rolls. Top each with chili, sprinkle with onion, drizzle with mustard, and top with cheese. Serve immediately.
CINCINNATI CHILI I RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Category Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes, Chili Recipes, Chili Without Beans Recipes
Calories 427.4 calories per serving
- Remove the bay leaf. Reheat gently over medium heat. Serve over hot, drained spaghetti. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
THE CINCINNATI CHEESE CONEY IS PURE HOT DOG BLISS
CINCINNATI CHILI DOG | NXSTAGE KIDNEY CARE
CHICAGO- AND CINCINNATI-STYLE HOT DOGS
10 OF AMERICA'S BEST REGIONAL HOT DOG RECIPES
COLD BEER & MEAT SWEATS - CINCINNATI CHILI CHEESE HOT DOGS
CINCINNATI CHEESE CONEY RECIPE - BLOGCHEF
CINCINNATI HOT DOG CHILI SAUCE RECIPE - BEST COOK IDEAS
CINCINNATI CHILI DOG | NXSTAGE KIDNEY CARE
HOT DOG RECIPES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
EASY CINCINNATI CHILI - HOT ROD'S RECIPES
ROBBIE'S RECIPES: CINCINNATI STYLE CONEY DOG CHILI
LOW SODIUM CINCINNATI STYLE CHILI - TASTY, HEALTHY HEART ...
SKYLINE GOLD STAR CINCINNATI CHILI RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
COPYCAT SKYLINE CINCINNATI CHILI - THE CHUNKY CHEF
WHITE STAR HOT DOG RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CINCINNATI STYLE CHILI RECIPE | I HEART RECIPES | RECIPE ...
ROBERT IRVINE'S CINCINNATI-STYLE SPAGHETTI CHILI RECIPE