CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Enjoy the classic combination of orange and chocolate in these brilliant bakes. Our chocolate orange cake recipes include simple sponges, loaf cakes and showstoppers.
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 1
CHOCOLATE, ORANGE & HAZELNUT CAKE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
You'd never guess that this spectacular dessert is dairy-free, decorated with a zesty ganache using orange juice instead of cream
Provided by Edd Kimber
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Total Time 1 hours 40 minutes
Prep Time 50 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Make the candied orange slices a day ahead if you can. Put the sugar and 300ml water in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a gentle simmer, add the orange slices and cook for 1 hr-1 hr 10 mins or until the pith is translucent, turning occasionally. Line a baking tray with parchment. Carefully remove the slices from the syrup, place on the prepared tray and set aside to dry (at least 8 hrs) before cutting in half. Reserve the syrup.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Lightly grease a loaf tin (mine was 900g) with olive oil and line with a strip of baking parchment.
- Grind the hazelnuts in a food processor until they resemble coarse breadcrumbs (do not blitz them too much or they will become oily), then add to a bowl along with the orange zest, a pinch of salt and the flour, baking powder and cocoa. Mix together until evenly combined.
- Pour the oil and the orange juice into a jug and mix together. Put the eggs and sugar in a tabletop mixer or large bowl and whisk together for 5-10 mins or until the mixture has tripled in volume and holds a ribbon on the surface when the beaters are lifted out. Slowly pour the oil mixture into the egg mixture and fold together until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture in 3 or 4 additions, folding together until combined. You can’t sieve this mixture over the eggs because of the hazelnuts, but try not to dump the flour in one place – you need to be careful and fold the batter to retain its lightness. Once fully combined, pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 50-55 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Prick the top of the cake all over, then pour over 5 tbsp of the reserved orange syrup. Cool in the tin for 15 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Trim the top of the cake (keep this for a mini trifle) and turn out, cut-side down, onto a serving platter.
- To decorate, pour the orange juice into a small pan and bring to a simmer. Put the chocolate in a small bowl, pour the orange juice over and stir together to form a smooth ganache. Set aside in the fridge until thickened, about 20-25 mins. Tip the hazelnuts into a small bowl and add the gold powder with a dash of water, stirring together to coat. Put the ganache in a piping bag fitted with a small round piping tip. Pipe in peaks over the top of the cake, decorating with the golden hazelnuts and the orange slices. Will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 635 calories, FatContent 37 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 7 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 65 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 53 grams sugar, FiberContent 4 grams fiber, ProteinContent 9 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.4 milligram of sodium
More about "chocolate orange loaf cake recipes"
SWEET POTATO LOAF CAKE WITH DARK CHOCOLATE GANACHE RECIPE ...
- Pour ganache over cake (it should flow over the sides) and, using a small offset spatula, smooth it evenly over surface. Chill cake until ganache is set, 20–30 minutes. Bring cake to room temperature before serving. Do ahead: Unglazed cake can be baked 3 days ahead. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.
MARY BERRY'S CHOCOLATE AND ORANGE CAKE RECIPE | DELICIOUS ...
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 643kcals per serving
- To finish, spread the tops of both sponges with the apricot jam. Spread the top of one sponge with half the icing and put the other sponge on top. Cover the top of the cake with the remainder of the icing, then, with a small palette knife, make large S shapes in the icing to give a swirl effect. Scatter the top liberally with the chocolate curls (see our /how-to-make-chocolate-curls-video/how to make chocolate curls video) and enjoy!
ORANGE GLAZED LOAF CAKE | READY SET EAT
Total Time 120 minutes
Calories 319 per serving
- ICING: Whisk together confectioners’ sugar, orange juice and butter in small bowl. Pour over cooled cake. Let stand 10 minutes, until glaze is hardened. Slice and serve.
ORANGE LOAF RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 25 minutes
Category Bread, Quick Bread Recipes, Fruit Bread Recipes
Calories 277.3 calories per serving
- Combine 1/2 cup orange juice with 1/4 cup sugar in a small saucepan. Heat and stir to dissolve sugar. Spoon glaze over hot loaf. Let stand in pan for 10 minutes before removing loaf to rack to cool.
TERRY’S CHOCOLATE ORANGE ROCKY ROAD - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
Total Time 15 minutes
Cuisine American recipes
Calories 591kcals per serving
- Spread evenly in the prepared tin, then spread over the icing and arrange the Chocolate Orange wedges on top. Chill for at least an hour, then slice into squares to serve.
TERRY'S CHOCOLATE ORANGE LOAF CAKE! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
THE BEST CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE - SWEETEST MENU
CHOCOLATE CHIP LOAF CAKE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
CHOCOLATE LOAF CAKE RECIPE WITH EASY CHOCOLATE GLAZE
CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
11 SIMPLE LOAF CAKE RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
20+ LOAF CAKE RECIPES THAT ARE SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE ...
ORANGE AND CRANBERRY CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GLAZE FOR ...
CLASSIC CHOCOLATE CAKE | DONNA HAY
CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
CHOCOLATE-ORANGE MARBLE POUND CAKE - TEA
CHOCOLATE CAKE - WIKIPEDIA
CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX RECIPES FOR DELICIOUS, EASY DESSERTS ...