CHINESE CRISP - FRIED SALT AND PEPPER SQUID RECIPE - FOOD.COM
This is one of my all time favourite Chinese dishes. Baby squid are best for this recipe as they cook quickly and are tender.
Total Time 25 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Slit each squid body open along one side with a sharp knife then score the inside of each in a criss cross pattern.
- Set aside with the tenticles.
- Heat 5 cm of Vegetable oil in the base of a deep frying pan.
- Place the sea salt and the peppercorns in a pestle and mortar and crush coarsely together.
- stir into the cornflour, then toss with the squid to coat.
- Cook the chillies and salad onions in the hot oil for 30 seconds then scoop them out with a mesh spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Cook the squid body and tentacles in the pan for 2 minutes until it rolls up and turns crisp and lightly golden.
- Transfer the squid to a plate, scatter over the crispy chilli and salad onions and serve with soy sauce for drizzling and lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1594.5, FatContent 165.4, SaturatedFatContent 21.6, CholesterolContent 175.1, SodiumContent 1780.8, CarbohydrateContent 19.7, FiberContent 2.3, SugarContent 0.9, ProteinContent 13.6
SALT AND PEPPER SQUID | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
- Clean the squid and remove the dark skin on the surface.
- Trim the squid and then slice the tubes into 1/2 inch square pieces. Then rinse well and dry with kitchen paper.
- Chop the fresh peppers into small circles. Marinate with salt and pepper for around 10 minutes. And then add starch and egg. Mix well.
- Heat up enough oil in a deep pot until 170 degree C. You can test the oil temperature by adding one piece. The squid should be floating seconds after touching the oil. Deep fry all the squid by small batches.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cooking oil again and then fry garlic, fresh pepper and green onion until aroma. Then return squid and sprinkle salt and pepper. Turn off the fire and mix everything well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 30 g, ProteinContent 32 g, FatContent 17 g, SaturatedFatContent 2 g, CholesterolContent 463 mg, SodiumContent 1664 mg, FiberContent 3 g, SugarContent 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
More about "chinese salt and pepper squid recipe recipes"
SALT-AND-PEPPER SQUID WITH CHINESE FIVE-SPICE POWDER RECIPE
Total Time 35 minutes
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the scallions, garlic, onion and jalapeño and stir-fry over high heat until fragrant, 2 minutes. Add the squid and stir-fry until just heated through. Sprinkle with the five-spice mixture. Transfer to a platter or shallow bowl and serve right away with lime wedges.
CHINESE SALT & PEPPER SQUID - MARION'S KITCHEN
- Dry roast the peppercorns in a frying pan over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant. Use a mortar and pestle to grind the peppercorns and the salt to a fine powder. Transfer to a small bowl. Pour enough oil to deep fry into a wok or saucepan over high heat. Combine the plain flour and rice flour in a large bowl. Pat the squid pieces with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Generously season the squid pieces with the salt mixture. Coat pieces of squid in the flour. When the oil is hot, fry the squid in batches for 2-3 minutes or until light golden in colour. Drain on paper towel. Heat 1 tsp of vegetable oil in a clean wok or frying pan. Add the garlic, spring onion and chillies and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the squid pieces and a little more of the salt mixture and stir-fry until well combined. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with lime wedges.
FRY SQUID RECIPE: CHINESE SALT AND PEPPER | RECIPES JOURNEY
Total Time 40 minutes
Category Single Dish
Calories 375 kcal per serving
- Once ready, salt them, mix and add the coriander leaves. Serve with white rice.
QUICK SALT & PEPPER SQUID RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 17 minutes
Category Dinner, Lunch, Main course
Calories 109 calories per serving
- Mix together 2 tsp sea salt, Chinese five-spice and 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle on both sides of the squid just before cooking, according to taste. You may not need it all. Heat the griddle pan to hot and cook about 1 min each side, until it starts to curl. Remove with tongs to a serving plate and drizzle with a little sesame oil. To serve, garnish with coriander leaves and serve with small bowls of sweet chilli sauce to dip into.
SZECHUAN PEPPERED CALAMARI (SALT AND PEPPER SQUID) RECIPE ...
Total Time 15 minutes
Calories 2274.2 per serving
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce – we like garlic chile sauce, but cocktail sauce or aioli is nice, too.
SALT AND PEPPER PORK CHOPS (????) | MADE WITH LAU
Total Time 50 minutes
- Finally, taste to adjust the flavors of the pork chops to your liking! This is usually served on a large serving plate at the center of the table. Everyone can take the amount they want in smaller individual plates.
SALT AND PEPPER SQUID | SEAFOOD RECIPES | WEBER BBQ
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories calories per serving
- Serve the squid immediately with the chilli sauce and lime wedges. Tips: Sichuan peppercorns can be found at large supermarkets or Asian grocers. If you like peppery heat, add an extra ½ teaspoon of Sichuan and ½ teaspoon of black peppercorns. It is important that your cooking grill is preheated, hot and cleaned for best results. If the squid has turned golden but is sticking a little, use a metal spatula to ease it off the cooking grill.
SALT AND PEPPER SQUID - RECIPES - FAXO
Calories 295 cal per serving
- Rinse squid. Cut along each side of the body so it opens out flat. Dry well with paper towels. Score the skin with a sharp knife and cut into either side 1/2 inch wide strips. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, sea salt, pepper, chilli powder and chopped chilli. Dip the pieces of squid into the flour mixture and toss to coat. Remove any excess coating. Pour vegetable oil into a large frying pan or wok to a depth of 3/4 inch. Heat the oil to 350 ° F (180 ° C). Cook the squid in batches of the hot oil for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove with tongs when the are ready and drain with paper towels to remove excess oil. Taste and season with extra salt and pepper if required. The squid should taste salty and spicy. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
SALT AND PEPPER SQUID (CHINESE FRIED CALAMARI!) - THE WOKS ...
HOW TO COOK SALT AND PEPPER CALAMARI (SQUID) IN CHINESE ...
CHINESE SALT AND PEPPER SQUID | SINGAPORE FOOD - RECIPES
SALT AND PEPPER SQUID - RASA MALAYSIA
SALT AND PEPPER SQUID RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SALT AND PEPPER SQUID | CHINA YUMMY FOOD
CHINESE SQUID RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
10 BEST CHINESE SQUID RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHINESE SALT AND PEPPER SQUID ~ SINGAPORE FOOD | RECIPES ...
SALT AND PEPPER SQUID (CHINESE) RECIPE - YOUTUBE
SALT & PEPPER AIR FRYER CALAMARI RECIPE | SIMPLIFY CREATE ...
BEST SALT AND PEPPER CALAMARI NEAR ME - STAGWATERPRISE