CHINESE RICE BALLS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
The Chinese Rice Balls recipe out of our category Meat! EatSmarter has over 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online. Try them out!
Total Time 50 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring around 550 ml water to the boil with 2 tbsp soy sauce. Add the rice, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until not quite cooked. Remove the lid and leave to cool.
- Put the minced meat in a bowl. Mix in the garlic and ginger and season with soy sauce and cayenne pepper. Form the mixture into small balls and coat in the rice. Press the rice on well and place the balls in a steamer basket. Cover and steam for around 10 minutes until cooked.
- Garnish each ball with a goji berry and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 508.04 kcal, FatContent 18.86 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.01 g, ProteinContent 29.88 g, CarbohydrateContent 50.76 g, SugarContent 0 g, CholesterolContent 85.29 mg
TANG YUAN: CHINESE GLUTINOUS RICE BALLS ARE THE PERFECT ...
Chinese tang yuan is my sweet-tooth comfort food. While store-bought versions are affordable and convenient, you get to make your own filling with this recipe and stuff the mochi balls with whatever you'd like.
Provided by June Xie
Total Time 3 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 0S
Yield 2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Make the filling: In a small food processor, add sugar, sesame or peanuts, and salt and pulse until mixture resembles coarse sand. Add in oil and water and continue blending until fully combined and smooth. Transfer to a bowl and freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Scoop and portion chilled filling into 24 balls, about ½ tablespoon each. Transfer to a plate and freeze until completely hardened, about 2 hours. Meanwhile, make dough: In a large bowl, whisk together rice flour and salt. Drizzle in condensed milk and boiling water, then stir to evenly distribute. Drizzle in room-temperature water and stir until fully combined. Knead until dough is smooth and pulls away from the bowl. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes. On a clean surface lightly dusted with more rice flour, roll dough out into a long rope. Cut rope into 24 equal pieces, then flatten each piece into a 2”-wide round. Place a ball of filling in the middle of each round, then gently guide and coax the wrapper to fully seal the filling inside the dough. In a medium pot of boiling water over medium-low heat, add tang yuan in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pot. Boil until the tang yuan floats, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Continue cooking for 1 minute more, then transfer to a bowl to serve. Serve tang yuan hot, with a few ladles of cooking broth in each bowl.
More about "chinese rice ball recipes"
STICKY RICE PORK BALLS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 3 hours 55 minutes
Category Appetizers and Snacks, Meat and Poultry, Pork
Calories 358.4 calories per serving
- Place steamer in the wok and steam until pork is cooked through and rice is tender, about 30 minutes. Remove balls and garnish with goji berries.
CHINESE RICE BALLS SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 1059.3 per serving
- Spoon the mixture into the bowl and garnish with green onion and parsley. Let each quest season with sesame oil and soy sauce.
RICE BALL RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
Total Time 5 minutes
- Put the duck egg yolk on it, roll it up, and cut it open.
FRUIT GLUTINOUS RICE BALLS RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
Total Time 2 hours
- Pour in various fruit pieces
ITALIAN RICE BALLS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 2 hours 0 minutes
Category Side Dish, Rice Side Dish Recipes
Calories 683.4 calories per serving
- In a small, deep skillet, heat olive oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). (Should have enough oil to completely cover rice balls.) Fry rice balls 6 at a time, turning as needed to ensure even browning. Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
GLUTINOUS RICE BALLS IN GINGER SOUP (TANG YUAN) | ASIAN ...
Total Time 1 minutes5S
- To Make the Glutinous Ball In a large mixing bowl, add flour and sugar. Gradually add water (you don’t have to use all of it) and knead the dough until soft and smooth. It should be bouncy and easily kneadable, yet not too wet (sticky to the fingers), nor too dry (crumbling). Divide the dough depending on the number of different colours you intend to make. Add food colouring, one drop at a time, to each portion and knead until the colour is well distributed. Shape the dough to even-sized balls. Bring a pot of water (enough water to submerge the glutinous ball completely) to boil. Add the tang yuan into the boiling water and cook until they float to the surface. Transfer them immediately to a bowl of room temperature water until cooled or ready to serve. To Cook the Ginger Sweet Soup To cook the ginger sweet soup, add all the ingredients – ginger, water, palm sugar and pandan to a pot. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer until the sugar is fully melted. Simmer for another 30 mins. To serve, add tang yuan to a serving bowl and ladle the sweet soup over.
CHINESE COCONUT MOCHI (NUOMICI, ???) - ASSORTED EATS
Total Time 55 minutes
Category Dessert, Snack
Calories 116 kcal per serving
- Roll the ball in a tray filled with desiccated coconut to coat. Repeat with the remaining pieces of wrapper and filling. Enjoy fresh or store in an air-tight container for up to 2 days. Store extra mochi in the freezer and thaw for a few hours before eating. Note 2
10 BEST CHINESE RICE BALLS RECIPES | YUMMLY
TANG YUAN, CHINESE GLUTINOUS RICE BALLS ... - RED HOUSE SPICE
GLUTINOUS RICE BALLS (TANG YUAN) - CHRISTIE AT HOME
TANG YUAN (SWEET RICE BALLS WITH BLACK SESAME FILLING ...
BLACK SESAME TANG YUAN - CHINESE GLUTINOUS RICE BALL ...
RICE BALLS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
SAVOURY TANG YUAN - CHINESE GLUTINOUS RICE BALLS - RECIPE ...
GLUTINOUS SWEET RICE BALLS (TANG YUAN ... - HUANG KITCHEN
PEARL BALLS OR CHINESE STICKY RICE MEATBALLS, ???? (VEGAN ...
SAVORY TANG YUAN - GLUTINOUS RICE BALLS IN CHICKEN SOUP ...
SESAME BALLS: AUTHENTIC, EXTENSIVELY TESTED! - THE WOKS OF ...
BLACK SESAME RICE BALLS (TANG YUAN) ???????????? | CHINESE ...