BROWN SUGAR CANDY RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Butter a 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
- In a large heavy saucepan, stir together the brown sugar and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until the temperature reaches between 234 and 240 degrees F (112 to 116 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, vanilla and walnuts. Continue to beat with a sturdy spoon until the mixture looses its gloss. Pour into the prepared pan. Score into squares with a knife then set aside until firm, about 5 minutes. Cut into squares and serve or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 29.6 g, CholesterolContent 7.2 mg, FatContent 4.8 g, FiberContent 0.3 g, ProteinContent 1.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.7 g, SodiumContent 30.8 mg, SugarContent 28.8 g
EASY CHINESE SESAME CANDY (???) - ASSORTED EATS
Sesame seed candy is a quick and easy treat that only requires four ingredients! This version is less brittle, perfectly sweetened, and is healthier than the traditional candy. It also adds nuts for extra flavor.
Provided by Rachel
Total Time 70 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 60 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a large 9" x 13" baking sheet with parchment paper. Note 1
- (Optional, but recommended) If you are using raw sesame seeds, toast them in a dry pan over medium heat for 3-6 minutes until fragrant. Set aside to cool. Also toast the walnuts (or any other nuts) in the pan until browned and fragrant, around 5 minutes. Roughly chop the walnuts and set aside to cool. Note 2
- In a bowl, add the egg whites, sugar, and salt. Mix until just combined. Do not whisk or incorporate any air.
- Add the sesame seeds and walnuts to the bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking sheet. Press down firmly to make sure the candy is compact. Note 3
- Bake the candy for 1 hour.
- Remove the candy from the oven and use a sharp knife to cut it immediately into squares. The candy is easiest to cut when warm.
- Let the candy cool before storing in an air-tight container. The sesame snack can be stored for up to a month in a cool, dry place.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
More about "chinese brown candy recipes"
AUNT BILL'S BROWN CANDY RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 2 hours 0 minutes
Category Desserts, Candy Recipes, Nut Candy Recipes
Calories 114.4 calories per serving
- Stir in the vanilla with a wooden spoon and continue to stir vigorously until mixture loses its gloss, 10 to 15 minutes. Then fold in pecans and quickly turn candy into the prepared 9x13 inch dish. Let cool until just warm and cut in 1 inch pieces.
SESAME BALLS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
- In a 8-inch wide, 5-inch deep pot, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking, about 330 degrees on a deep-fat thermometer. Carefully add 6 sesame balls at a time, and cook over medium heat until golden, 6 to 7 minutes. As the balls float to the surface, begin to press them gently with the back of a metal spatula against the sides of the pot. The balls will expand as they are gently rotated and pressed. Increase the heat to medium-high and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Place on a plate lined with several thicknesses of paper towels. Repeat with remaining sesame balls. Set aside oil to cool before discarding. Serve immediately.
CHINESE BROWN SUGAR BREAD (GUO KUI) | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 104 kcal per serving
- Brush a thin layer of oil in a casting iron pan,place the bread in one by one, cover the lid and then fry each side for 6-8 minutes over slow fired.
CHINESE FRIED BROWN RICE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories 300.8 per serving
CHOW MEIN NOODLE COOKIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Category Pasta and Noodles, Noodle Recipes
Calories 125.1 calories per serving
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto foil. Let stand until cool.
CANDIED CASHEWS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the cashews on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Toast the cashews for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Be sure to watch the cashews carefully so they don't burn! Remove the cashews from the oven and cool. In a saucepan (copper works best), add the sugar and the water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling and the sugar has dissolved, add the cashews. Continue cooking the mixture, stirring constantly. The sugar will thicken, and then become granular again, continue stirring. The sugar will then begin to turn back into a clear liquid. When all of the sugar has turned into a clear liquid, remove the pan from the heat, stirring constantly. Once the sugar begins to turn a golden color, spoon the nuts onto a parchment paper lined sheet pan. Allow to cool.;
CHINESE BROWN SUGAR - INGREDIENT - FINECOOKING
CHINESE BROWN SUGAR STEAMED BREAD BUNS RECIPE LIKE A ...
OLD-FASHIONED BROWN SUGAR CANDY | 12 TOMATOES
CHINESE CANDIED WALNUTS ???? | CHINESE RECIPES AT ...
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CHINESE SUGARS AND SWEETENERS
TANGHULU RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE CHINESE CANDIED FRUIT AT HOME
CHINA'S MOST POPULAR DESSERTS AND SWEET FOODS
CHINESE MILK CANDY ??? - THE MONDAY BOX
GINGER AND BROWN SUGAR TEA (CHINESE ... - CHRISTINE'S RECIPES
9 CARAMELIZED AND CANDIED NUT RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
50+ EASY HOMEMADE CANDY RECIPES - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
HOW TO MAKE CHINESE BROWN SAUCE: 11 STEPS (WITH PICTURES)
BROWN SUGAR CHEWIES | PAULA DEEN
PEANUT SESAME CANDY RECIPE | MYKITCHEN101EN.COM