DIJON CHICKEN SMOTHERED IN MUSHROOMS RECIPE - BETTYCROC…
Betty Crocker's Diabetes Cookbook and Heart Healthy Cookbook share a recipe! Dijon and mushrooms turn boring chicken into tasty chicken that can be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total Time 20 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick. In shallow pan, stir together flour, salt and pepper.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Coat both sides of chicken with flour mixture. Cook chicken in hot oil 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to serving plate; cover to keep warm.
- Stir broth into skillet. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms and mustard. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with thyme.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240 , CarbohydrateContent 8 g, CholesterolContent 70 mg, FatContent 0 , FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 27 g, SaturatedFatContent 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 750 mg, SugarContent 0 g, TransFatContent 0 g
BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Here's how to get your barbecue chicken brilliantly chargrilled, juicy and perfectly cooked
Total Time 20 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- If barbecuing, light the grill now so the flames have died down and it’s ready when you’re ready to cook.
- Finely grate the orange zest into a shallow bowl. Crumble in the dried chilli. Add the paprika, mustard, honey, ketchup and a splash of olive oil.
- Season with a small pinch of salt and pepper and mix well. Spoon out a few tablespoons of the marinade and set it aside.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bowl with the remaining marinade. Turn them over in the marinade so they’re well coated, cover with clingfilm and leave to sit for 5 to 10 minutes or until the grill is ready.
- If using a griddle pan, put it over high heat now to get it screaming hot.
- Use tongs to transfer your chicken breasts onto the grill or griddle pan. For chicken breasts approximately 2cm thick, cook for about 5 minutes on each side, turning every minute and basting as you go, or until golden and cooked through.
- Spoon a little of the reserved sauce over each breast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233 calories, FatContent 4 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 1 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 34.1 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 16.2 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 15.8 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.9 g salt, FiberContent 0.1 g fibre
More about "chicken dijon recipe recipes"
DIJON CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
Total Time 40 minutes
Cuisine British recipes
Calories 384kcals per serving
- Add the chicken, skin-side up and simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes stirring now and then. Stir through the cream then garnish with fresh tarragon.
CHICKEN DIJON - CREAMY MUSTARD CHICKEN RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
Chicken Dijon, chicken breast cooked with delicious Dijon (French) mustard and crème fraiche sauce. Creamy and flavor packed, in this recipe chicken breast cooks moist and juicy. Plus sauce gets boost of flavor from caramelized bits of chicken breast cooked in same skillet, tarragon and 2 kinds of mustard - traditional Dijon and whole grain mustard. You will love the flavors.
The best about Chicken Dijon is that it is a very quick and simple recipe, needs mostly pantry ingredients, and just 28 mins start to finish. Gluten free. Low-carb when served with salad or greens.
Let's cook Chicken Dijon today!
Chicken Dijon is a classic creamy French Mustard Chicken preparation where chicken is cooked in skillet with onions and a creamy Dijon mustard, tarragon, white wine and crème fraiche (French cultured cream) sauce. In America, Dijon Chicken name is often confused with sweet and sour Honey Dijon Chicken. This post is for the French Mustard Chicken Dijon recipe. (I'll also share Honey Dijon Chicken on blog in coming days.)
This recipe is inspired from Ina Garten's Mustard Chicken recipe. I'm fan of her simple cooking style yet bold flavor recipes.
My special touch and flavor secrets for Chicken Dijon are: a little bit garlic plus pepper crust on the chicken breast.
- Garlic compliment the creamy mustard flavor.
- Skinless chicken breast is low-carb. Also pepper crust gives it extra flavor.
I'm sure you will love it.
What Do You Need To Make Chicken Dijon?
There are three main ingredients for Chicken Dijon i.e. Dijon mustard, chicken and crème fraiche (cultured cream). I use combination of whole grain and traditional Dijon mustard.
Here is the complete list of what you need to make Chicken Dijon:
- Chicken Breast
- Dijon and Whole Grain Mustard
- Crème Fraiche (cultured cream)
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Stock
- White Wine
- Garlic (not traditionally used but I highly recommend it for this recipe.)
- Salt and Pepper
Quickly Cooked Chicken Breast for Chicken Dijon
To speed up and even cooking of chicken breast, I use halved, boneless and skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. i.e. one chicken breast yields two pieces.
To develop delicious pepper crust on chicken breast (our family favorite) and speedy even cooking, I do following:
- Place chicken breast halves on a large sheet of parchment paper. Sprinkle half of black pepper and salt on the top.
- Flip the chicken so the bottom side is up. Sprinkle remining half of the black pepper and salt on the top.
- Cover the chicken with parchment and pound gently until chicken breasts are mostly evenly thick.
Above steps infuse the seasonings into the chicken, pepper curst is delicious, and chicken breast cooks very quickly (about 3 minutes each side for 3/4 inch thick cutlets). The crust is phenomenal.
Creamy Mustard Sauce
Once chicken is cooked through, mustard sauce for chicken comes together in just 10 minutes.
To make the mustard sauce, I sauté onions in the same skillet in which chicken was seared. Onions pick up all flavor bits of chicken from the skillet and become very delicious. Once onions are soft, a quick deglaze with white wine and stock, followed by adding Dijon mustard, tarragon and cream makes a creamy and delicious Mustard Sauce.
Add cooked chicken back in to warm up in the sauce. That's it. Creamy mustard chicken is ready to serve.
This Mustard Chicken recipe is extra flavorful because:
- Chicken cooks in same skillet and onions pick all of the flavor from the caramelized bits.
- Use of two kind of mustard brings out the mustard flavor in sauce (without making a too-yellow-ish sauce).
- Garlic and pepper add bold flavors.
- Chicken gets very flavorful, succulent when returned back to creamy mustard sauce. (moist, juicy, YUM)
While searing chicken, make sure to reserve the juices collected at the bottom of pan. These juices added back to cream sauce make sauce extra delicious!
What to Serve with Chicken Dijon
To serve low-carb, try zoodles made of zucchini, or cauliflower rice.
- If can't find crème fraiche then use sour cream. Sour cream and Crème Fraiche both are cultured creams. I often use on or the other for this recipe.
- Regular heavy creamy can also work in place of Crème Fraiche. If using heavy cream, add 1/2 tsp lemon juice to replicate the tang of cultured cream.
- If don't have chicken stock, use vegetable stock or use 1/3 of a bouillon cube mixed with 1/2 cup of hot water.
- You can also cook chicken thighs (boneless and skinless) instead of chicken breast. Thighs cook even more moist and juicier. If planning to use chicken thighs with skin, adjust the cooking time accordingly. Also make sure chicken is fully cooked and skin is crispy before adding the liquid.
Friends, cook something different for the dinner tonight. This delicious and creamy Dijon Mustard Sauce Chicken will make dinner very special. 28 mins to make Chicken Dijon with side of pasta or cauliflower rice to mop the creamy sauce. Dinner is served! How good does that sound?! :-)
Total Time 28 minutes
Category Dinner, Main Course
- Garnish Chicken Dijon with fresh chopped parsley. Serve topped on pasta.
BAKED CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - EASY CHICKEN RECIPE…
32 BEST BAKED CHICKEN RECIPES | EASY BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE ...
DIJON ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN DIVAN: CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE ...
MAPLE DIJON CHICKEN SKILLET (30 MINUTES) - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU | RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN DIVAN: CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE ...
BAKED BROWN SUGAR DIJON CHICKEN WINGS - SO EASY!
CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES