SIMPLE CHILLI CON CARNE | JAMIE OLIVER CHILLI RECIPES
This hearty, all-time classic chilli con carne recipe is hard to beat – delicious!
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic, carrots and celery – don’t worry about the technique, just chop away until fine. Halve the red peppers, remove the stalks and seeds and roughly chop.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large casserole pan on a medium-high heat, add the chopped veg, chilli powder, cumin, cinnamon and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then cook for 7 minutes, or until softened, stirring regularly.
- Drain and add the chickpeas and kidney beans, tip in the tomatoes, breaking them up with the back of a spoon, then pour in 1 tin's worth of water. Add the minced beef, breaking any larger chunks.
- Pick the coriander leaves and put aside, then finely chop and add the stalks to the pan, with the balsamic vinegar. Season with a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer with a lid slightly ajar for 1 hour, or until slightly thickened and reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Serve up with fluffy rice or couscous, a hunk of crusty bread, or over a jacket potato, with some yoghurt, guacamole, and wedges of lime on the side for squeezing over. Sprinkle over the reserved coriander, and some fresh chilli, if you like, then tuck in.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353 calories, FatContent 14.4 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 4.4 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 27.8 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 29.8 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 14.8 g sugar, SodiumContent 1.1 g salt, FiberContent 8.4 g fibre
NEXT LEVEL CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Reinvent this classic comfort food with our one-pan version that is enrichened with peanut butter, espresso powder and dark chocolate. You won't look back
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Dinner, Main course
Total Time 3 hours 25 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Heat oven to 140C/120C fan/gas 1. Over a high heat, toast the whole chillies on all sides until you can smell them cooking, then remove and set aside. Keep the pan on the heat and toast the peppercorns, cumin seeds and coriander seeds until they just start to change colour, then grind to a powder using a pestle and mortar or spice grinder. Mix with the smoked paprika and oregano (this is a standard tex-mex seasoning), then set aside.
- Return the casserole to the heat, add half the oil and heat until shimmering. Fry the beef in batches, adding more oil if you need to, until it’s browned on all sides, then set aside. Fry the onions in the pan over a low heat for about 8 mins until soft and golden, then add the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Working fast, add the meat and juices, the spice mix, tomato purée, peanut butter and coffee to the pan and cook for 2-3 mins, stirring to coat the meat until everything is thick and gloopy, then pour in the vinegar and stock.
- Add the toasted chillies back into the casserole, along with the bay leaves, cinnamon and some salt. Bring to a simmer and stir well, then cover with the lid and cook in the oven for 3hrs, stirring occasionally, until the meat is very tender but not falling apart. Take the casserole out of the oven, put back on the stove and remove the lid. Simmer the sauce for 5 mins, then stir in the semolina flour and simmer for 2-3 mins more. Finely grate over the chocolate, stir through with the beans and simmer for a minute more to heat through. Fish out the chillies, then leave everything to rest for at least 15 mins.
- Bring the pan to the table. Serve with bowls of accompaniments and the chilli paste (see tip below) to add heat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 463 calories, FatContent 24 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 9 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 12 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 4 grams sugar, FiberContent 6 grams fiber, ProteinContent 46 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.6 milligram of sodium
More about "chicken chilli con carne recipes"
EASY CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 1 hours 20 minutes
Category Buffet, Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Snack, Supper
Calories 820 calories per serving
- If you want to use a slow cooker, fry your onions in a pan for 8 mins, then add your garlic, spices and oregano and cook for a minute. Gradually add the mince until it's brown. Tip into your slow cooker with the tomatoes, peppers, sundried tomatoes and beans, crumble in the stock cubes and season to taste. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours, then serve as above.
SLOW COOKER CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 8 hours 25 minutes
Category Dinner, Main course, Supper
Calories 281 calories per serving
- Stir in the beans and chocolate during the final 30 mins of cooking. Serve with a bowl of rice or tortilla chips and a dollop of soured cream.
CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
Total Time 55 minutes
Category Workday lunches, Midweek Dinner, Main
- Return mince to pan; stir in tomato paste, tomatoes and kidney beans. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in stock then bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Top with coriander and serve with rice and sour cream.
VERSATILE VEGGIE CHILLI | JAMIE OLIVER CHILLI RECIPES
Total Time 1 hours
Cuisine https://schema.org/VegetarianDiet, https://schema.org/LowLactoseDiet, https://schema.org/GlutenFreeDiet, https://schema.org/VeganDiet
Calories 369 calories per serving
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/400˚F/gas 6.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into bite-sized chunks, then place onto a baking tray.
- Sprinkle with a pinch each of cayenne, cumin, cinnamon, sea salt and black pepper, drizzle with oil then toss to coat. Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden and tender.
- Peel and roughly chop the onion. Halve, deseed and roughly chop the peppers, then peel and finely slice the garlic.
- Pick the coriander leaves, finely chopping the stalks. Deseed and finely chop the chillies.
- Meanwhile, put 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat, then add the onion, peppers and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the coriander stalks, chillies and spices, and cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes, or until softened and starting to caramelise, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans, juice and all. Tip in the tomatoes, breaking them up with the back of a spoon, then stir well.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and leave to tick away for 25 to 30 minutes, or until thickened and reduced – keep an eye on it, and add a splash of water to loosen, if needed.
- Stir the roasted sweet potato through the chilli with most of the coriander leaves, then taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime or lemon juice or a swig of vinegar, to taste, then scatter over the remaining coriander. Delicious served with yoghurt or soured cream, guacamole and rice, or tortilla chips.
CHILLI CON CARNE FOR KIDS - MY FUSSY EATER | EASY KIDS RECIPES
BASIC CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
HEALTHY DINNER RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
SINGAPORE CHILLI CRAB | RECIPETIN EATS
CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
CHILI CON CARNE II RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BEST EVER CHILLI CON CARNE | SLIMMING EATS RECIPE
SINGAPORE CHILLI CRAB | RECIPETIN EATS
MAINS RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER