CROCK POT BOLOGNESE SAUCE - SKINNYTASTE
Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce is a staple in my home! A slow cooked ragú made with lean ground beef, pancetta, onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, wine, and cream is one of my favorite Italian sauces.
Provided by Gina
Total Time 375 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large deep saute pan, sauté pancetta on low heat until the fat melts, about 4-5 minutes. Add butter, onions, celery and carrots and cook on medium-low heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Increase flame to medium-high; add meat, season with salt and pepper and sauté until browned. Drain the fat then add wine; cook until it reduces down, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add to crock pot. Add tomatoes, bay leaves, salt and pepper; cover and set slow cooker to LOW 6 hours.
- After the 6 hours, adjust salt and pepper to taste, add half & half and parsley; stir and serve over your favorite pasta or spaghetti squash.
- Makes about 10 cups. Leftovers can be frozen for future meals. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator then reheat on the stove or crock pot.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 /2 cup sauce, Calories 146.1 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 6.8 g, ProteinContent 6.7 g, FatContent 8.7 g, FiberContent 0.4 g, SugarContent 4 g
CHICKEN DIVAN, LIGHTENED UP - SKINNYTASTE
This Chicken Divan makeover is the BEST with no canned soups or mayo! Just layers of tender chicken breast and broccoli in a flavorful creamy cheese sauce topped with golden breadcrumbs.
Provided by Gina
Total Time 60 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and blanch 3 minutes. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Pound the thicker end of the chicken breast to make it even on both sides. Heat a grill pan over medium-low heat, spray with oil and cook the chicken until browned, and just about cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and transfer chicken to a cutting board. When cooled, slice chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and oil until melted and then add garlic and shallots.
- Sprinkle the flour and whisk until smooth. Stir in broth, 1/2 teaspoon salt, milk and sherry and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in half of the Swiss cheese.
- Arrange the broccoli in a casserole dish and pour half of the sauce over the broccoli and mix to coat.
- Arrange the chicken on top and cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining Swiss cheese, grated Parmesan and top with breadcrumbs.
- Spritz a little oil on top. Bake 30 minutes, until hot and golden.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 2/3 cup, Calories 336 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 20 g, ProteinContent 34.5 g, FatContent 12 g, FiberContent 4 g
29 HEARTY CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
IS IT SAFE TO COOK FROZEN MEAT IN A CROCK-POT? IT DEPENDS.
CHICKEN STEW RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER TO INSTANT POT ... - TASTE OF HOME
SAUTéED LEEKS WITH ORANGE AND GINGER #RECIPE BY @LESLIE KARST