DUMPLINGS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
My mother was one of the best cooks I ever knew. When she made stews we mostly found dumplings in them. We never ate things from packages or microwaves and you sure could taste what food was. That's the only way I cook today - I don't use any electronic gadgets to cook with except an electric stove.
Provided by Carol
Total Time 20 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 6 dumplings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in medium size bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk to make a soft dough.
- Drop by spoonfuls into boiling stew. Cover and simmer 15 minutes without lifting lid. Serve.
- To make parsley dumplings, add 1 tablespoon parsley flakes to the dry ingredients.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 105.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 18 g, CholesterolContent 1.6 mg, FatContent 2.4 g, FiberContent 0.6 g, ProteinContent 2.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.6 g, SodiumContent 385.8 mg, SugarContent 1.7 g
PORK DUMPLINGS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
An easy Pork Dumplings recipe
Provided by EPICURIOUS.COM
Yield Makes about 4 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 21
- If the pork is not finely ground, mince well with a knife. Place the pork in a large bowl and cover.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add the cabbage; blanch until just wilted. Using a slotted spoon, remove cabbage to strainer set over a large bowl. Press down on cabbage to squeeze out all liquid. Transfer to cutting board; roughly dice.
- Meanwhile, place grated ginger in a small bowl; cover with water and let steep for a few minutes.
- Slice scallions lengthwise, then thinly slice. You should have a good mixture of white, light green, and dark green pieces. Add to the bowl with the pork.
- Place a strainer over the pork bowl; strain the ginger so that the juices are added to the bowl. Press down on ginger to squeeze out all juices. Discard ginger left in strainer.
- Add the soy sauce, cooking wine, sesame oil, salt, and pepper to the meat mixture. Stir in chopped cabbage until completely incorporated.
- Place the flour and salt in a large bowl. Slowly add water and mix with your hands. Knead the mixture until it forms a soft dough.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured counter and knead until very smooth. Divide dough into 50 small, equal pieces. Flatten each piece with your hand to form a thin, round pancake, approximately 3 inches in diameter. The center should be slightly thicker than the edges.
- Using a spoon or chopsticks, place one heaping tablespoon of dumpling filling in the center of the dumpling wrapper.
- Using your fingertip, wet the outer edge of the dumpling wrapper with water. Fold up the sides of the dumpling into a half-moon shape.
- While holding the dumpling lengthwise, curved side up, use your index finger and thumb to pinch the edges of the dough on one side of the dumpling into "pleats," pressing each pleat against the flat side of the dough to seal the dumpling as you go. Start at one corner of the dumpling and work your way to the center (making three to four "pleats"). Then work from the other corner to the center creating another three to four "pleats."
- Firmly press the pleated side of the wrapper against the flat side to be sure the dumpling is completely sealed. If there is to much filling and the dumpling cannot be sealed, remove the extra filling to prevent leakage during cooking.
- Line up the finished dumplings on a foil-lined cookie sheet to prevent them from sticking. You can freeze dumplings this way for up to one month.
- To cook the dumplings, gently lower them into a medium pot of boiling water and boil for approximately three to five minutes. They are done when the dumpling skins are translucent and the dumplings have been floating for about three minutes. Remove from pot carefully with a slotted spoon.
- Serve hot.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and serve on the side.
More about "chewy dumplings recipe recipes"
DUMPLINGS RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM - RECIPES & COOKBOOKS
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories 105 per serving
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
APPLE DUMPLINGS WITH SAUCE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 01 hours 50 minutes
Calories 764 calories per serving
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide into 8 portions. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until easy to handle., Preheat oven to 350°. Roll each portion of dough between 2 lightly floured sheets of waxed paper into a 7-in. square. Place an apple on each square. Place 1 teaspoon butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar in the center of each apple., Gently bring up corners of dough to each center, trimming any excess; pinch edges to seal. If desired, cut out apple leaves and stems from dough scraps; attach to dumplings with water. Place dumplings in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half the remaining cinnamon sugar., In a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring just to a boil, stirring until blended. Pour over apples; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar. , Bake until apples are tender and pastry is golden brown, 50-55 minutes, basting occasionally with sauce. Serve warm.
DELICIOUS CRACKER BARREL CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS RECIPE
Total Time 80 minutes
Category Dinner, Main Dish
- Cook them for about 15 to 20 minutes until they don’t taste like dough anymore. Add cooked chicken, cook for 5 minutes to heat the chicken up, and serve with chopped parsley.
MUSHROOMS AND DUMPLINGS RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 50 minutes
- Drop 12 equal spoonfuls of the dough into the pot, leaving some space in between. Cover and simmer gently over low heat until dumplings are puffed and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Divide among 4 bowls and garnish with chives.
EASY APPLE DUMPLINGS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 01 hours 15 minutes
Calories 773 calories per serving
- Preheat oven to 375°. For syrup, place 1 cup sugar, water, 3 tablespoons butter and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil 3 minutes; remove from heat., Mix the remaining ½ cup sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 21x14-in. rectangle; cut into 6 squares. Place an apple on each square. Fill center of each with 4 teaspoons sugar mixture and ½ teaspoon butter. Moisten edges of crust with water; bring up corners over apples, pinching edges to seal. Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish., Pour syrup around apples. Bake until golden brown and apples are tender, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
PORK DUMPLINGS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
THREE COLOUR DANGO DUMPLINGS RECIPE - JAPAN CENTRE
CHEWY GRANOLA COOKIES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
EASY DUMPLINGS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CZECH POTATO DUMPLINGS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BISQUICK DUMPLINGS RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS | DINNER | THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
ORIGINAL BISQUICK DUMPLINGS RECIPE » RECIPEFAIRY.COM
KETO CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS RECIPE - LOW CARB @ 7.9G NET CARBS
EASY DROP DUMPLINGS FOR STEW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
THE VERY BEST CHINESE POTSTICKER DUMPLINGS RECIPE
EASY CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS RECIPE | THE NOVICE CHEF
CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS, EASY RECIPE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS