CHERRY PIE RECIPE - RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS - BBC GOOD FOOD
Make this classic pie whilst cherries are in season. It's the perfect summer dessert served just warm with plenty of cream or ice cream
Provided by Cassie Best
Total Time 1 hours 40 minutes
Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours
Yield Serves 8-10
Number Of Ingredients 10
- First, make the pastry. Tip the flour, 50g almonds, butter, sugar and ¼ tsp salt into a food processor. Blend until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Beat the egg yolks with 2 tbsp cold water, drizzle over the flour and butter mixture and blend again until the dough starts to clump together. Tip onto a work surface and knead briefly to bring everything together into a smooth dough. Divide into two pieces and shape each lump into a puck shape. Wrap and chill for 30 mins. Will keep, wrapped and chilled, for up to two days.
- Remove the stones from the cherries – either cut them in half and pop out each stone, or use a cherry stoner. Toss the cherries with the jam, sugar and cornflour until there are no floury patches.
- If the pastry has been chilled for longer than 30 mins, bring it out of the fridge 20 mins or so before rolling, as it will be very firm. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Dust a surface with a little flour, then unwrap one piece of pastry. Carefully roll it out until it’s large enough to line the base and sides of a 25cm pie dish, skillet pan or cake tin. The pastry will be very delicate, if any cracks appear when rolling, squash them back together and keep going. Lift the pastry over the rolling pin and into the dish – don’t worry if it breaks, just patch it up by pushing it into the corners and up the sides and closing any holes. There should be a little overhang around the edges. Sprinkle the reserved 2 tbsp almonds over the base, then spread the cherries on top to fill the pie in an even layer.
- Roll out the remaining pastry so it’s large enough to cover the pie. Brush a little beaten egg white around the pastry edge. Top the pie with the pastry lid as it is (piercing a hole in the centre for the steam to escape), or make a lattice topping. To do this, cut the pastry into strips, however wide you like. Arrange half the strips in one direction over the pie, leaving a few centimetres gap between each. Weave the remaining strips under and over these in the opposite direction, creating a lattice pattern. Squash the pastry together around the edge, then trim the excess with a sharp knife.
- Crimp the edge for a neat finish, or use any pastry scraps to make shapes to run around the edge – we used a piping nozzle to cut small circles. Stick them on with a little more egg wash, then brush the whole pie with a thin layer of egg wash. Sprinkle over a little caster sugar. Bake for 55 mins-1 hr, checking the pie after 40 mins. The edges may brown more quickly than the centre, if this happens, wrap a little kitchen foil around the edge to protect it.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 1 hr. If you cut it too soon, the fruit juice will be very runny and flood the pie. Best served just warm with cream or ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 523 calories, FatContent 25 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 13 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 66 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 32 grams sugar, FiberContent 3 grams fiber, ProteinContent 8 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.6 milligram of sodium
CHRISTMAS TRIFLE RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
Make our festive trifles for an impressive finish to your Christmas dinner. Featuring yuletide flavours like chocolate orange, eggnog and Black Forest.
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 1
More about "cherry season usa recipes"
EASY DUCK RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
EASY COURGETTE RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
5-SPICE CHERRY RUM GLAZED HAM - MARION'S KITCHEN
- For the marinade, blend all ingredients until smooth. To prepare ham, slide your fingers under skin, working them between the skin and fat, loosening the skin as you go. Gently work your fingers all over the ham, removing the skin in one piece. Keep the ham skin for when storing your ham in the fridge later (it helps to keep the ham moist). Score the fat of the ham at 1cm intervals. Pour the marinade over the ham and rub all over. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight or at least for 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F. To make the glaze, place the ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Set aside for later. Scrape off most of the marinade. Place the ham on an oven tray lined with 2 layers of foil. Generously brush the ham with the glaze. Cook the ham in the oven for 45 minutes, basting with the glaze every 10 minutes. Remove the ham from the oven and serve warm or cold.
FRESH CHERRY COBBLER RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHERRY COBBLER I RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHERRY VS. GRAPE TOMATOES: WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE? | NATURE ...
CHERRY GROVE FARM | FARMSTEAD CREAMERY AND SUSTAINABLE FARM
RECIPES - WHOLE FOODS MARKET
HEALTHY GALLBLADDER-RECIPES - EAT SMARTER USA
TOMATO RECIPES - MUTTI US
VODKA COCKTAIL RECIPES THAT MAKE EVERYONE ... - PINNACLE VODKA
VODKA COCKTAIL RECIPES THAT MAKE EVERYONE A MIXOLOGIST ...
CHERRY, ROSE AND GRAPE CHICKEN LIVER PâTé: AN AROMATIC ...
10-MINUTE BROILED SALMON RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
65 OF OUR FAVORITE TART RECIPES | MYRECIPES
MUTTI POMODORO | ONLY THE BEST ITALIAN TOMATOES | MUTTI
HOW TO SEASON A CHARCUTERIE BOARD - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
EASY AFTERNOON TEA SAVORY BITES: RECIPES AND IDEAS - 31 DAILY
TOMATOES, CHERRY & GRAPE - RARESEEDS.COM
SWEETHEART CHERRY TOMATO SEEDS - BAKER CREEK HEIRLOOM …
BEST JELLO RECIPES & JELLO SALAD RECIPES - BUTTER WITH …
HERSHEYLAND | EXPLORE HERSHEY PRODUCTS, RECIPES, CRAFTS & MO…
VODKA | SMIRNOFF
DEVILED EGG MACARONI SALAD - JO COOKS
BOOS EDGE-GRAIN RECTANGULAR CHERRY WOOD CUTTING BOARD ...
I TRIED 45 ORANGES AND THIS IS THE BEST ONE | MYRECIPES