APPLE-CHERRY PIE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
Apple pie or cherry pie? No need to decide. This fruit pie recipe combines the best of both.
Provided by Better Homes & Gardens
Categories Recipes and Cooking
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- If using frozen cherries, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes or until partially thawed. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl stir together the 2 cups flour and the salt. Cut in shortening or lard until pieces are the size of small peas.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push to side of bowl. Repeat until all is moistened. Divide dough in half. Form each half of dough into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, flatten each ball of dough with your hands. Roll out one portion of dough from center to edges, forming a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Wrap pastry around a rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Trim pastry even with rim of pie plate.
- Roll out remaining pastry; cover with plastic wrap until needed.
- Stir together the 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cherries and apple slices. Add sugar mixture. Toss to coat. Transfer to pastry-lined 9-inch pie plate. Dot fruit with margarine or butter. Adjust top crust. Seal and flute edge. If desired, cut decorative shapes from dough scraps. Brush the back sides of the shapes with milk and arrange on the top crust. Cut slits in the top crust. Brush top crust with milk. Combine the 1/2 teaspoon sugar and the dash cinnamon; sprinkle over crust. Cover edge with foil.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 25 minutes (50 minutes if using frozen cherries). Remove foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until the top is golden and filling is bubbly. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 439 calories, CarbohydrateContent 61 g, FatContent 21 g, ProteinContent 4 g, SaturatedFatContent 5 g, SodiumContent 160 mg
CHERRY-APPLE PIE - HY-VEE RECIPES AND IDEAS
Provided by Hy-Vee Seasons Magazine
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Yield 8 1 slice each
Number Of Ingredients 13
Make Pie Crust: In large bowl stir together flour and salt. Cut shortening in until pea size.
- 2. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water over mixture and toss with a fork until moistened. Repeat with the remaining water 1 tablespoon at a time until mixture is moistened. Divide the dough in half and form each into a ball. Refrigerate dough until ready to use.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll one dough ball into a 12-inch circle. Ease pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim edges even with the rim of the pie plate.
Make Filling: In a large bowl toss apples with lemon juice and add sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and cherries. Add filling to prepared pie shell.
- 5. Roll remaining dough into 12-inch circle. Cut dough into even strips, about 1/2-inch wide. Lay about 5 strips parallel to each other, leaving about ½ inch between strips, over pie filling. Weave remaining strips perpendicular to strips already on pie. Trim ends even with bottom crust. Fold back the bottom crust over the lattice strips and crimp to secure.
- 6. Whisk together egg yolk and half-and-half; brush on top of the pie.
- 7. Place pie on a cookie sheet and bake in 375-degree oven for 1 hour or until lightly golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400, FatContent 18g, SaturatedFatContent 4.5g, TransFatContent 0g, CholesterolContent 25mg, SodiumContent 230mg, CarbohydrateContent 55g, FiberContent 3g, SugarContent 25g, ProteinContent 5g
More about "cherry and apple pie recipes"
RUSTIC CHERRY APPLE PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 1 hours 5 minutes
Calories 510.4 per serving
- Remove to wire rack and cool.
DRIED CHERRIES AND APPLE PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Category Desserts, Pies, Fruit Pies, Cherry Pie Recipes
Calories 444 calories per serving
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes, or until edge is golden brown and apples are tender.
APPLE AND CHERRY PIE TRIFLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Total Time 2 hours 40 minutes
- Assemble the Trifle: Coarsely chop apple pie, and arrange pieces in the bottom of a 3-quart trifle dish. Top with 1/2 of the pudding (2 cups). Top pudding with 1 container of whipped topping. Coarsely chop cherry pie, and arrange on top of whipped topping. Top with remaining pudding and remaining container of whipped topping. Sprinkle top with walnuts. Chill 1 hour before serving.
APPLE-CHERRY CREAM CHEESE PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 01 hours 30 minutes
Calories per serving
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight., Preheat oven to 425°. For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla until blended. In a large bowl, toss apples with flour, pie spice, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in cherries., On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim., Spread cream cheese mixture onto bottom of pastry. Add apple mixture; dot with butter. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top., Bake 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover top loosely with foil during the last 10-15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
CARAMEL APPLE-CHERRY PIE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
Calories 568 calories per serving
- Place a foil-lined baking sheet on rack below pie in oven to catch any dripping. Bake 40 minutes. Cover edges with foil; bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until crust is deep golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on wire rack at least 3 hours before serving.
CHERRY APPLE PIE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
APPLE CHERRY PIE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
APPLE CHERRY PIE FOR A TWIST ON HOLIDAY BAKING! - WEST VIA ...
APPLE CHERRY PIE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
APPLE-CHERRY LATTICE PIE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
APPLE AND CHERRY PIE WITH OATMEAL CRUMBLE TOPPING RECIPE ...
APPLE AND TART CHERRY PIE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
APPLE AND CHERRY PIE - THE PERFECT WAY TO FINISH OFF YOUR ...
CHERRY APPLE CRUMB PIE | MIDWEST LIVING
CHERRY PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
APPLE-PEAR-CHERRY PIE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
CHERRY APPLE PIE RECIPE-BAKER BETTIE
CHERRY APPLE PIE - CHUKAR.COM